Mages - Rough Spot am I insane or just a bad take.

Vrenmar

Nov 21, 2020
As a mage for PvE, you have three options right now, until other more aggressive magic schools are added.
1 - Taming/Domination to have a pet do most of the damage and tank.
2 - Be a dagger mage.
3 - Be both 1 & 2.

your not going to be killing much of anything without a weapon skill as a mage. In order to dominate something you have to get it to mercy which magic is not good for. my alt is a sheevra dom mage that uses daggers, I think it will work but im not 100% sure as im still stuck only testing against bandits in haven.

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022
Accorsing to youtube vids popping up everywhere, mages seem to be the BEST option in the game for pvp.... sheevra/buldging taking on 1v5 encounters 2hSword/mage Hybrid just crapping on players....

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021
48 damage fulmination?
101 int mage?
Not maxed mounted magery, sitting on a horse?

Yeah, you are just trolling at this point.

Ignored
nice dodge to not post a video, so again you're just bullshitting till you can post it. you dont need MA at all to clear bandits

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021
Accorsing to youtube vids popping up everywhere, mages seem to be the BEST option in the game for pvp.... sheevra/buldging taking on 1v5 encounters 2hSword/mage Hybrid just crapping on players....
common misconceptions about mage, if you are the "dagger mage" build you're a hybrid not a mage, with all the schools out, mage is FULL mage, with schools, if you spec into weapons with strength you're a hybrid they nerfed hybrids, then brought them back so it's up in the air

Arinna

Mar 25, 2021
It's no secret that ecumenical is not meant as a solo pve build unless paired with something else. You do have options if you pick up mounted magery, no you wont be able to kill mobs as fast as a melee fighter, but thats the same case for an MA. As far as the casting from horse back you need to use a much larger kiting circle than an MA would need. It's difficult but its doable.

Don't expect to be able to farm like an MA that's like trying to compare foot fighter to an MA. For farming the foot fighter is faster with lower tier mobs but the MA has more survivability with higher tier mobs (in the open world obviously, they're useless solo inside dungeons for most situations)

I hate to sound like a broken record but in MO your race will affect what you can play efficiently. It's part of the game mechanics and we can argue about wether it's a good mechanic or bad mechanic but that's a pointless argument.

My Advice to OP:
If you're playing a human and are dead set on not rerolling (which is perfectly fine). I'd recommend you temporarily drop your psy and respect it into STR and play your toon as a hybrid until you've farmed clades up to your liking.

p.s. From what I've gathered, the person that puts the mob into mercy is the one who gets the highest clade from it. This could be wrong but it's what I've noticed so far.

Reactions: AssassinOTL