List of main viable warrior and mage builds for new players.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Hilarious players cryed Veelas were slow and bad in the beta, and then SV basically makes them the main PvP meta. Speed is the most important thing for pvp and Veelas do not have much of a downside.
Except weaker clades, lower strength(and damage bonus), lower health and lower reputation caps... No downsides here, no sir.

Reactions: Maladore

Grudge Bringer

May 28, 2020
Except weaker clades, lower strength(and damage bonus), lower health and lower reputation caps... No downsides here, no sir.
Being overweight fixes most if this. Their clades are amazing. Having a bit less damage bonus is their only real draw back. But when kiting is king this is a non-issue.

Reactions: 2022

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Being overweight fixes most if this. Their clades are amazing.
Uh, so the advantage is speed and downside is lack of health. So removing speed to get more health... Do you even hear yourself?
And even then, you'll still end up with... Less health to have slightly more speed?

There are like 5 good clade gifts in the entire tree, meanwhile the other clades have basically an entire tree of interesting and impactful clades. Meanwhile half of the alvarin clades are.... Not so much. But by design.

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
As a new player searching for a Footfighter / secondary archery build I would love to hear why you are reccommending Veela over Thursar.
Oghmir I understand because they have amazing DEF, good DPS, low height and the pipe utility. They are so OP that I expect a nerf...

Also I'm expecting a nerf to riding for high height or weigth characters... (people have been commenting this). It will affect Thursar and perhaps Veela (31age stout and 184cm is 103kg).

So, I'm curious about why Veela for warrior build.

Thanks for all the help for new players, MO2 can be pretty intimidating.

Its a lot of stuff that adds up. Veelas have extremely good clades, one of the clades which lets you jump in combat mode is SUPER good in groupfights when getting out of dire situations extremely easily. They are the fastest race in the game and unless you are in some trash zerg like KOTO, its likely you will be fighting outnumbered very often. Being on a slow character while ur getting zerged is pretty much guaranteed death.

The full blainn build and the full thur kall build, which is the only thursar build that I would really play, are both the same speed. What most people don't really realise when starting the game, and probably even after having played it for a while, is that character size matters very much in this game. You don't want to be a slow giant, u will be getting focused every fight. Magic is the most cancer thing to deal with and you will be taking extra magic damage unless you avoid all those clades, while at the same time being slow and a huge target. Even though blainn is slow, they are super tanky and super tiny, most the time you can swerve around in a fight and people wont really pay much attention to what ur doing cause ur so small. I would say that is the biggest reason thursars aren't really viable, cause you don't want to be slow AND huge. If ur slow, you want to at least be small. Obviously none of this really matters if ur in some trash guild that only rolls around with 50 ppl, at that point it doesn't matter what build you run at all really.

When it come to lets say an arranged fight that's all even odds. You can probably pull off a slow big thursar, the lower the numbers the more effective it is.

A giant thur kall isn't a terrible build, it does the most damage in the game, but in MOST situations that you will run into, you will be better off playing a full blainn, especially if you aren't in a massive guild.

Reactions: Grudge Bringer

Grudge Bringer

May 28, 2020
Uh, so the advantage is speed and downside is lack of health. So removing speed to get more health... Do you even hear yourself?
And even then, you'll still end up with... Less health to have slightly more speed?

There are like 5 good clade gifts in the entire tree, meanwhile the other clades have basically an entire tree of interesting and impactful clades. Meanwhile half of the alvarin clades are.... Not so much. But by design.

Yes you can be overweight and have 195 HP with 440 move speed. What are you talking about. Their clades are better then humans for sure. Have you played MO2 before?

malumsomnium

Jan 27, 2022
Yes you can be overweight and have 195 HP with 440 move speed. What are you talking about. Their clades are better then humans for sure. Have you played MO2 before?

IS is the bonus of the humans to more mana regen with heavier armor noticible? And they do seem like a good medioum betwen the fat og and the fast veela , their gifts seem very modest but in a small group dealing less 50% damage, more mana regen,hability do use heavier armor without penalty, clenanse debufs and free 50 points profesion seem a bit huge in comparison to the faster mobile veela if they cant recover mana .

I'am a bit newbie and the last game like this i played was Darkfall and there mobility was key , and god aiming, but there mages hitted like trucks and managed to recover mana .

Thorkel of Joms

Feb 4, 2022
For people that experimented Veela DEX builds. Did you try daggers and short bow weak spot? Is it a viable build to bypass high armor or the weak spot bonus is just inferior to use long bow or a sword?

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
IS is the bonus of the humans to more mana regen with heavier armor noticible? And they do seem like a good medioum betwen the fat og and the fast veela , their gifts seem very modest but in a small group dealing less 50% damage, more mana regen,hability do use heavier armor without penalty, clenanse debufs and free 50 points profesion seem a bit huge in comparison to the faster mobile veela if they cant recover mana .

I'am a bit newbie and the last game like this i played was Darkfall and there mobility was key , and god aiming, but there mages hitted like trucks and managed to recover mana .
The cleric clade doesn't move the cut off from mana regen, just make the impact from wearing armor less. its only really useful for people wearing armor anywhere between 2 but less than 10 weight armor. The penalty for wearing armor STARTS at 2 for everyone else, with cleric it starts at 6, but you are still at 0% regen at 10. This means you could be a light armored mage with 6 weight armor and be just as effective a mage as anyone else wearing 2 weight armor. So it is strong, but for a "paladin" build that usually relies on just a big mana pool it doesn't do anything.

Reactions: malumsomnium

malumsomnium

Jan 27, 2022
The cleric clade doesn't move the cut off from mana regen, just make the impact from wearing armor less. its only really useful for people wearing armor anywhere between 2 but less than 10 weight armor. The penalty for wearing armor STARTS at 2 for everyone else, with cleric it starts at 6, but you are still at 0% regen at 10. This means you could be a light armored mage with 6 weight armor and be just as effective a mage as anyone else wearing 2 weight armor. So it is strong, but for a "paladin" build that usually relies on just a big mana pool it doesn't do anything.

Thank you for the explanation .

Pazuzu

Jan 30, 2022
I am looking for suggestions for a mage dominator build. race/stats , anyone help?

tumor

Apr 22, 2021
That is just plain wrong. I can wear a 14kg set as a human hybrid and have close to 40-50% mana regen.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
That is just plain wrong. I can wear a 14kg set as a human hybrid and have close to 40-50% mana regen.
Now that is just plain wrong however.

One of my friends went human specifically to wear above 10 weight armor.
Mana regen cut off rate is the same.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Hilarious players cryed Veelas were slow and bad in the beta, and then SV basically makes them the main PvP meta. Speed is the most important thing for pvp and Veelas do not have much of a downside.

They take some pretty hard hits, they also hit light lol. If you are defending a point, they are just gonna get run thru. Open World tho ye... veela :D Veela MA even! I imagine at some point they will take a look at some of their clade gifts.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
did he have the cleric clade active?
Still has, He still uses 13-14 weight armor at 0% mana regen. But since he planned on playing a paladinesque build anyway, it doesn't really bother his massive(for casting greater heals, purify and corrupt anyway) mana pool that much.

He is planning on wearing heavier armor, but its the heaviest I can mass produce for him with what we got atm.

Cleric is a waste if you are planning on going 10+, its that simple. If he could respec he'd leave that one alone.

tumor

Apr 22, 2021
Still has, He still uses 13-14 weight armor at 0% mana regen. But since he planned on playing a paladinesque build anyway, it doesn't really bother his massive(for casting greater heals, purify and corrupt anyway) mana pool that much.

He is planning on wearing heavier armor, but its the heaviest I can mass produce for him with what we got atm.

Cleric is a waste if you are planning on going 10+, its that simple. If he could respec he'd leave that one alone.
Thats weird. Im literally using a 13~kg set atm and have like 40+ mana regen.

Michaell

Mar 7, 2022
Its a lot of stuff that adds up. Veelas have extremely good clades, one of the clades which lets you jump in combat mode is SUPER good in groupfights when getting out of dire situations extremely easily. They are the fastest race in the game and unless you are in some trash zerg like KOTO, its likely you will be fighting outnumbered very often. Being on a slow character while ur getting zerged is pretty much guaranteed death.

The full blainn build and the full thur kall build, which is the only thursar build that I would really play, are both the same speed. What most people don't really realise when starting the game, and probably even after having played it for a while, is that character size matters very much in this game. You don't want to be a slow giant, u will be getting focused every fight. Magic is the most cancer thing to deal with and you will be taking extra magic damage unless you avoid all those clades, while at the same time being slow and a huge target. Even though blainn is slow, they are super tanky and super tiny, most the time you can swerve around in a fight and people wont really pay much attention to what ur doing cause ur so small. I would say that is the biggest reason thursars aren't really viable, cause you don't want to be slow AND huge. If ur slow, you want to at least be small. Obviously none of this really matters if ur in some trash guild that only rolls around with 50 ppl, at that point it doesn't matter what build you run at all really.

When it come to lets say an arranged fight that's all even odds. You can probably pull off a slow big thursar, the lower the numbers the more effective it is.

A giant thur kall isn't a terrible build, it does the most damage in the game, but in MOST situations that you will run into, you will be better off playing a full blainn, especially if you aren't in a massive guild.
As a new player, I was blown away after watching your video on YouTube!

If I want to play a Veela warrior and use magic of healing myself, what skills should I choose? Heavy armor training, archery, mounted archery, offensive posture and defensive posture, which are necessary? These questions have puzzled me for a long time and I hope to get answers from you.

(It would be appreciated if you could provide a complete list of skills or pictures!)

Last edited:

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
As a new player, I was blown away after watching your video on YouTube!

If I want to play a Veela warrior and use magic of healing myself, what skills should I choose? Heavy armor training, archery, mounted archery, offensive posture and defensive posture, which are necessary? These questions have puzzled me for a long time and I hope to get answers from you.

(It would be appreciated if you could provide a complete list of skills or pictures!)

It depends if you want stronger magic and a hybrid kind of build or weaker magic and a paladin kind of build. At the moment paladin builds especially for veela are pretty good and you don't really sacrifice much.

You wont have points to get any mounted skills on a paladin or hybrid character apart from riding which is a secondary. Generally you want to take points out of heavy armor training to reach an acceptable skill level of magic. Defensive and aggressive stance are both necessary for a warrior character, but on a paladin build, you can take some points out of defensive stance to reach your desired magic levels. I haven't had time to level up my paladin character as I've been busy lately, so I don't recall exactly how the skills will look like, you will most likely not have maxed aggressive or defensive, but if you just aim to cast lesser heals, purifies and corrupts, you can get away with like 80 magic skills.

Jonahveil has a good website with general builds, where all the skills are listed aswell, there are also builds there that you seek so I suggest taking a look at it. Once you understand what every skill does, it becomes fairly simple to create a build that you want and you understand where you can take skillpoints out and where you cannot. I am too busy with IRL stuff to rework this guide or add all the skills needed for each build listed.

Reactions: Michaell

Michaell

Mar 7, 2022
It depends if you want stronger magic and a hybrid kind of build or weaker magic and a paladin kind of build. At the moment paladin builds especially for veela are pretty good and you don't really sacrifice much.

You wont have points to get any mounted skills on a paladin or hybrid character apart from riding which is a secondary. Generally you want to take points out of heavy armor training to reach an acceptable skill level of magic. Defensive and aggressive stance are both necessary for a warrior character, but on a paladin build, you can take some points out of defensive stance to reach your desired magic levels. I haven't had time to level up my paladin character as I've been busy lately, so I don't recall exactly how the skills will look like, you will most likely not have maxed aggressive or defensive, but if you just aim to cast lesser heals, purifies and corrupts, you can get away with like 80 magic skills.

Jonahveil has a good website with general builds, where all the skills are listed aswell, there are also builds there that you seek so I suggest taking a look at it. Once you understand what every skill does, it becomes fairly simple to create a build that you want and you understand where you can take skillpoints out and where you cannot. I am too busy with IRL stuff to rework this guide or add all the skills needed for each build listed.

Be deeply grateful!Last question,What do you think is the best handle of 2h blade?

Surani

Feb 1, 2022
My build was an MA but some footy skills... agres,def stance.. axes to 100 with clade, anatomy,blocking, heavy armor training to about 50.
Someone made me aware that adding ecu to 20 or so would help with healing my mount without having to dismount.
So I started thinking ... what about going ecu 100, mental skills 100, and basically making an MA/mage?
I'm an oghmir w 123 str, 87 dex, 126 con and min int &pyche...
If I moved points out of dex and con and into int, while keeping max str for max assym bows is something like this viable? Thoughts?