Instance... TINDREM!

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
And possibly MK later, but let's focus on Tindrem first. Everyone take your Adderall. HENRIK, I will show you VISION. I will leave even Melly and Malm speechless.

It was brought up to instance towns to make the server lag less, and to me, I saw that as very flawed because town --> outside interactions are essential and people could CRASH THE SERVER moving in and out (like q'd entry and leaving towns made no sense.) However, for Tindrem and MK, it does :eek:!!!!!!

What does this give you? A lot more than you think!

You can finally do the right thing and DELETE HAVEN. Add more content directly TO Tindrem. Lightly guarded places, deep mine shafts, rat places, but TINDREM will still be a part of MO proper. NOT an isolated instance which means what gathered in there is actually a part of the world. WEW.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? This means that TINDREM (and possibly MK) can be the f2p areas where people can try the game, and get a better taste of it, and it will have its own f2p 'culture' while generating mats for those who want to live there (e. g. those areas will always be poppin' ) and those with subs can come in and out as they wish, profit off of those people, go buy their mats, grief them, etc.

In before there is a giant TUNNEL between MK and Tindrem for the f2ps haha.

But yo, maybe you don't understand the level of change / possibilities this gives, but this one is from yaboy. You can ignore AS USUAL or you can think about it! I do think it will require a lot of thought for changing the way people skill (like I wouldn't be mad if people got a 70 in some crafts to start so they could MAKE SOMETHING. They'd still have to lore up the mats, etc...,) but there it is. There's your f2p world that people will actually want and will actually get people wanting to sub as well. Haven ain't gonna do it, mane.

Like I said, believe me or not.

Here's a song:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
not really a sandbox if its instanced.

sir, from what reality are you pulling this?

Don't you understand TINDREM was the starting city with content before HAVEN. HENRIK thinks HAVEN can be f2p and entice players to want to play MO2. I don't!

Because Tindrem and MK are both not really the type of cities you can interact with (well, at least) from the outside, the possibility of instancing them exists with zero loss. IF you add content to Tin, you can make that the place where f2p people play, and they are IN THE ACTUAL GAME. That changes everything.

Hard to understand how you can say it matters sandbox wise: not like people are building in Tindrem and not like they can't enter and leave freely and bring mats in and out.

It's kinda like complex math:

You got MO world, OPEN world (which is not the same as sandbox,) then you have instances, and you can even make an third instance to link them and provide content, some form of corridors or underground mine/tunnel that comes out. THEN you have your two noob cities acting as places where people can spawn IN the world, not in an actual instance that is removed from the world (HAVEN.) Then, you can have an area to keep f2p people that actually has some of MO flair and would make people want to sub so they could 'enter the world.'

If properly fleshed, there would be those who could live there as f2ps, as they wanted, and it would not stress the main server. Haven doesn't, either, but again, Haven is A FIGMENT OF THE IMAGINATION. It's some farm bonus like Mario cloud coin level, except it's grind content without player interaction (in an MMO...?!)

You see, Tindrem has big entryways and high walls. MK has a long mountain path. They are both perfectly set up to have a loading screen. There are pitfalls, people camping the openings like they did Sardu bridge, but if you don't see how this is a significant upgrade from the Haven f2p model... while also adding content and mats to the world, I dunno what to tell you.

I feel like you read the title or you never tried to understand. Try to read it again!

Melhisedek

Dec 3, 2021
Tindrem
sir, from what reality are you pulling this?

Don't you understand TINDREM was the starting city with content before HAVEN. HENRIK thinks HAVEN can be f2p and entice players to want to play MO2. I don't!

Because Tindrem and MK are both not really the type of cities you can interact with (well, at least) from the outside, the possibility of instancing them exists with zero loss. IF you add content to Tin, you can make that the place where f2p people play, and they are IN THE ACTUAL GAME. That changes everything.

Hard to understand how you can say it matters sandbox wise: not like people are building in Tindrem and not like they can't enter and leave freely and bring mats in and out.

It's kinda like complex math:

You got MO world, OPEN world (which is not the same as sandbox,) then you have instances, and you can even make an third instance to link them and provide content, some form of corridors or underground mine/tunnel that comes out. THEN you have your two noob cities acting as places where people can spawn IN the world, not in an actual instance that is removed from the world (HAVEN.) Then, you can have an area to keep f2p people that actually has some of MO flair and would make people want to sub so they could 'enter the world.'

If properly fleshed, there would be those who could live there as f2ps, as they wanted, and it would not stress the main server. Haven doesn't, either, but again, Haven is A FIGMENT OF THE IMAGINATION. It's some farm bonus like Mario cloud coin level, except it's grind content without player interaction (in an MMO...?!)

You see, Tindrem has big entryways and high walls. MK has a long mountain path. They are both perfectly set up to have a loading screen. There are pitfalls, people camping the openings like they did Sardu bridge, but if you don't see how this is a significant upgrade from the Haven f2p model... while also adding content and mats to the world, I dunno what to tell you.

I feel like you read the title or you never tried to understand. Try to read it again!
Have you figured out what you want at all? Do you have some kind of generator of delusional ideas there, or do you live at the pharmacy next door. Do something useful.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Have you figured out what you want at all? Do you have some kind of generator of delusional ideas there, or do you live at the pharmacy next door. Do something useful.

I'm doing the most amazing thing, lilbro, which you may not understand. I am taking two things COMBINING THEM (like the combine function in MO?!) and aiming to make it better. It's sad people don't get it. Ahem. Here is the theory!

Haven is instanced nub zone. Tindrem is nub city. Tindrem exists on Nave and has gates which are large enough to have a pass-thru zone where instancing wouldn't affect gameplay. So, you say, let's get rid of the fake nub zone and focus on the old nub zone (Tindrem, remember when it was?) and make it into a bustling city to showcase ALL that MO has to offer WITH people instead of just a dead heaven instance where you relog until you find an open dungeon. RIP.

It would also allow less server load and much fun could be had in Tindrem. In MO1, there were people who barely even left Tindrem. Again, by making this area that you can access as a f2p... it's just gold on gold. Oh, it's so sad nobody sees what I am saying. Alas, I tried. I can only post something; it's up to devs or bros like Melly to comprehend it.

• Haha
Reactions: SeaShadow

Melhisedek

Dec 3, 2021
Tindrem
I'm doing the most amazing thing, lilbro, which you may not understand. I am taking two things COMBINING THEM (like the combine function in MO?!) and aiming to make it better. It's sad people don't get it. Ahem. Here is the theory!

Haven is instanced nub zone. Tindrem is nub city. Tindrem exists on Nave and has gates which are large enough to have a pass-thru zone where instancing wouldn't affect gameplay. So, you say, let's get rid of the fake nub zone and focus on the old nub zone (Tindrem, remember when it was?) and make it into a bustling city to showcase ALL that MO has to offer WITH people instead of just a dead heaven instance where you relog until you find an open dungeon. RIP.

It would also allow less server load and much fun could be had in Tindrem. In MO1, there were people who barely even left Tindrem. Again, by making this area that you can access as a f2p... it's just gold on gold. Oh, it's so sad nobody sees what I am saying. Alas, I tried. I can only post something; it's up to devs or bros like Melly to comprehend it.
forget about mo1 already, it's a new world now, necrophiles don't belong there

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I can not see them throwing away the work they have put into Haven.

Especially seeing that they would have to put all of that same work into Tindrem.

I honestly do not want to see parts of the main world as instances regardless.

But I guess that could just be seen as my opinion.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I can not see them throwing away the work they have put into Haven.

Especially seeing that they would have to put all of that same work into Tindrem.

I honestly do not want to see parts of the main world as instances regardless.

But I guess that could just be seen as my opinion.

I feel you on some level. I don't, either, but I don't wanna see haven even less. Like I said, take Bakti or some other town where people can infiltrate it, Tindrem isn't like that. Tindrem is its own thing. It could be an instance without even seeming like one (except to make it so that people didn't crash the server by all leaving at once, so adding in a slow release of people if too many left at once.) I imagine there is almost enough space in Tindrem to make it work as it is, they just have to flesh it out.

No matter how you look at Haven, it's the furthest thing from MO. If that's the f2p model, it's not gonna work. I am very confident in that statement. It's not the game mechanics that get people, but it's seeing the world in action.

Haven is like 100 (?) instances. Tindrem would be 1 instance, and it would keep everyone together. People could see guys walk in with their steel armor and be like ooh, ahh. They could run from thieves, etc.

The only way this came to me is because I remember people saying that they should instance towns, but I knew that was a bad look because it would ruin a lot of it, but Tindrem is different. Tindrem is its own place with a big entryway, it would make sense as a giant metropolis, and they could make it even bigger and more interesting if it was an instance. They could fkn put the extra part of Haven that they 'worked on' as a place you could exit to from Tindrem haha. I wouldn't, but I mean if they wanted to keep that part so much, they could add it in. Even make it so that it was non pvp, but guess what it would be overrrun because Haven only works if there are many copies, due to the fact it's basically a fake farming station.

Conclusion: haven is a cancer to the growth of MO2. It will be even worse if they try to use that as the area you can access as f2p.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I understand how you do not like haven.

I did not like the idea of it being separated from the "one world" when they introduced it.

Having the many separate instances however can help when there is an influx of new players.

It also could separate the f2p load from the main game when/if that becomes reality.

One instance of Tindrem/MK would not serve these purposes as well.

Also haven is limited in some ways but also easier in others.

This is somewhat balanced by being only one way. Once you leave you can't return.

All players being able to come and go from Tindrem would not allow for this same balance.

At this point I believe Haven has been integrated deeply into the future vision of the game.

No matter if we like it or not, I believe it is here to stay.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
No matter if we like it or not, I believe it is here to stay.

I agree to that point, but it's not 'right.' I don't think whether I like Haven or not matters. I dislike the IDEA of Haven, can easily use it to buff my chars, though. That's what it is, like a tutorial.

The influx of new players is possible, but them spawning into Tindrem would also work. I don't believe the influx is going to be so massive, and if it is, Haven is just stealing their money because they won't be able to log in or refund the game after they are done.

The only lack of balance for Tindrem would be there would be resources that would need to be competed for. So if you wanted to farm the GY, and 30 people were there, you couldn't, etc. However, being able to just switch instances creates a big drop off for people who expect that freedom in Nave and don't get it then quit.

Then every hour they played, all of the widgets they made, vanish into nothing. They never get to interact with the game world or produce anything. That's the point that I am trying to make. I think that's a shame. It's important that new players fall into the real world, imo, but MO waved the white flag on being able to balance it. Personally, I believe letting people skill up to a decent degree thru trainers, being able to get 60-70 in what they wish to start would be GREAT. Then leave the more advanced things for books and spam. So if you get like 70 in your wep, 50 in aggressive, 50 in anatomy, 50 in endurance... 70 speeds, 50-70 armor training, what's the loss? Same w/ stats, what's the point of starting at like base 25 + 25 att pts. What does it accomplish especially when you are doing that skilling in an instance?

Edit: and yeah, I am going to concede nothing. I will push hardest against what I feel needs to be changed even if it has very low to no possibility. It's whatever. It's still better than accepting bad stuff to me. I'm presenting a viable, easier than you think to implement, alternative that has more pluses than you probably think as well. The core of MO is people. In haven unless someone is like come to instance x and I'll feed you free gear, you aren't getting much player interaction.

Last edited:

Melhisedek

Dec 3, 2021
Tindrem
I agree to that point, but it's not 'right.' I don't think whether I like Haven or not matters. I dislike the IDEA of Haven, can easily use it to buff my chars, though. That's what it is, like a tutorial.

The influx of new players is possible, but them spawning into Tindrem would also work. I don't believe the influx is going to be so massive, and if it is, Haven is just stealing their money because they won't be able to log in or refund the game after they are done.

The only lack of balance for Tindrem would be there would be resources that would need to be competed for. So if you wanted to farm the GY, and 30 people were there, you couldn't, etc. However, being able to just switch instances creates a big drop off for people who expect that freedom in Nave and don't get it then quit.

Then every hour they played, all of the widgets they made, vanish into nothing. They never get to interact with the game world or produce anything. That's the point that I am trying to make. I think that's a shame. It's important that new players fall into the real world, imo, but MO waved the white flag on being able to balance it. Personally, I believe letting people skill up to a decent degree thru trainers, being able to get 60-70 in what they wish to start would be GREAT. Then leave the more advanced things for books and spam. So if you get like 70 in your wep, 50 in aggressive, 50 in anatomy, 50 in endurance... 70 speeds, 50-70 armor training, what's the loss? Same w/ stats, what's the point of starting at like base 25 + 25 att pts. What does it accomplish especially when you are doing that skilling in an instance?

Edit: and yeah, I am going to concede nothing. I will push hardest against what I feel needs to be changed even if it has very low to no possibility. It's whatever. It's still better than accepting bad stuff to me. I'm presenting a viable, easier than you think to implement, alternative that has more pluses than you probably think as well. The core of MO is people. In haven unless someone is like come to instance x and I'll feed you free gear, you aren't getting much player interaction.
piss in your pants, maybe they'll calm you down and do as you want

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
One more thing, I know I explained it, but it's better to be laid out:

I have fond memories of meeting nubs in Tindrem and walking them to Bakti. Such memories will not happen again! The feeling of leaving Tindrem was like:

that's not what it's like to leave Haven hehhh.