Include guild halls for smaller size groups and factions.

Nov 29, 2020
So we know there are limited Keep spots and it's for the bigger clans/ guilds.

I'd like to throw a suggestion that works well with other MMORPGs about guild / clan halls for smaller player groups and organizations.
Maybe we can have halls that can be rented by smaller groups or factions that will never be able to acquire a keep spot because of the Keep time, resource and player size requirements.

There are so many spaces in towns and Tindrem, that having a hall for these smaller groups would be possible and would fill up the empty towns and cities, and a method to consume gold that players are just hoarding atm.

Guild Halls in Towns:
1) Different quality and sizes for different player group sizes.
2) Has monthly upkeep and the costs / fees vary depending on Hall size and quality features.
3) Standard includes basic features: Guild Bank and basic public shelves/containers, and flag or guild sign at front of door.
4) Extra features (costs / fee) for NPC vendors (utility, cook, magic vendor, etc.).
5) Extra features (more expensive costs / fees) crafting tables (limited space depending on size of hall) and hirable guard(s) for inside or at front of guild hall entrance.
6) Just like keep spots, you can choose to keep it close or open to public.
7) Guild Bulletin Board at front for public and member postings (using permissions).
8) Guilds are limited to only one guild hall in each territory and the guild hall size you can rent is dependent on the size of your guild. So bigger guilds can't rent the smaller size guild halls which are only reserved as an example for 5 to 10 member guild. This ensures the smaller guys gets something. If you go over, you will get evicted or you will pay extra high monthly fees.

Anyways what you all think?

Last edited:

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020

I'd like to throw a suggestion that works well with other MMORPGs about guild / clan halls for smaller player groups and organizations.
Maybe we can have halls that can be rented by smaller groups or factions that will never be able to acquire a keep spot because of the Keep time, resource and player size requirements.

There are so many spaces in towns and Tindrem, that having a hall for these smaller groups would be possible and would fill up the empty towns and cities, and a method to consume gold that players are just hoarding atm.

Guild Halls in Towns:
2) Has monthly upkeep and the costs / fees vary depending on Hall size and quality features.
3) Standard includes basic features: Guild Bank and basic public shelves/containers.
4) Extra features (costs / fee) for NPC vendors (utility, cook, magic vendor, etc.) and flag or guild sign at front of door.
5) Extra features (more expensive costs / fees) crafting tables (limited space depending on size of hall) and hirable guard(s) for inside or at front of guild hall entrance.
7) Guild Bulletin Board at front for public and member postings (using permissions).

Love it

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Strong holds for guilds is already confirmed. I do not know if its coming with housing but its is very likely to.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
I almost entirely love these ideas.
guild / clan halls for smaller player groups and organizations.
For all we know, maybe guilds with Keeps would like to have one in each large city as a recruiting outpost or den of iniquity.*

*If there is a difference?
There are so many spaces in towns and Tindrem, that having a hall for these smaller groups would be possible and would fill up the empty towns and cities,
Yeah! And sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your name.
and a method to consume gold that players are just hoarding atm.
Gold sinks are among the best time sinks.
Guild Halls in Towns:
A wider range, perhaps, for bigger groups. Not all big groups would want the biggest size or best quality in each of their (assuming multiple) guild halls, so they should have a choice.
3) Standard includes basic features: Guild Bank and basic public shelves/containers.
If guild banks keep the main banks less crowded, then I'm all for 3).
4) Extra features (costs / fee) for NPC vendors (utility, cook, magic vendor, etc.) and flag or guild sign at front of door.
That's a way to get that guild emblem seen. The more heraldry, the better.
5) Extra features (more expensive costs / fees) crafting tables (limited space depending on size of hall)
Okay.
and hire-able guard(s) for inside or at front of guild hall entrance.
~No matter how you change this or condense this-- I'm against it.~
Be your own Mall Cops; guard your guild hall yourselves. Unless you can show why it might be necessary at all?
6) Just like keep spots, you can choose to keep it closed or open to the public.
See here: If you can do this, you surely don't need NPC Private Security in a town. Or, tell me why you do.
More for the curious to read. This could be used in a lot of ways, most of them useful or fun or both.
"<Name Here>'s mother wears Lictor Boots."​

Nov 29, 2020
Sorry I was editing and added this:

8) Guilds are limited to only one guild hall in each territory and the guild hall size you can rent is dependent on the size of your guild. So bigger guilds can't rent the smaller size guild halls which are only reserved as an example for 5 to 10 member guild. This ensures the smaller guys gets something. If you go over, you will get evicted or you will pay extra high monthly fees.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
Sorry I was editing and added this:
Okay, the reasoning behind that seems sound. I do wonder, though, if there aren't enough spaces both small and large in Tindrem for every guild to have a small one.

Or, to put it another way, having enough demand from small guilds and organisations for the smaller ones-- in Tindrem-- that they would have to be rationed would be a nice problem to have.

LordMega

Dec 2, 2020
Strongholds have already been shown and discussed. It is an attractive alternative for a medium sized guild, it's like a small fort, looks pretty cool. It's a great middle ground for a guild that isn't going for a keep, or is building up to eventually take one. For smaller guilds, you can build one of the various sized houses to serve as a guild hall. An entire new system is not needed.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
Who's talking about an entire new system that would replace strongholds?
Strongholds have already been shown and discussed. It is an attractive alternative for a medium sized guild, it's like a small fort, looks pretty cool. It's a great middle ground for a guild that isn't going for a keep, or is building up to eventually take one. For smaller guilds, you can build one of the various sized houses to serve as a guild hall. An entire new system is not needed.
The ability to have (rent) an office / storefront / gang clubhouse or whatever in a city is not a replacement system-- especially if it is not limited to guilds but extends to other smaller groups or factions.

It's convergent evolution.

Reactions: Tuhtram

LordMega

Dec 2, 2020
Who's talking about an entire new system that would replace strongholds?
The ability to have (rent) an office / storefront / gang clubhouse or whatever in a city is not a replacement system-- especially if it is not limited to guilds but extends to other smaller groups or factions.

It's convergent evolution.

It's a huge waste of dev time. There's a relatively small team working on this game and they have a ton of things to add. Many mechanics and systems are missing. Eventually we're supposed to get naval content- ships, that sort of thing. Entire new continents. We already have a system that can do these things and you want to have the devs build a new one? It's not going to happen, be realistic.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
If the strongest, lead-off argument you can come up with against a Suggestion is that you're somehow afraied that Star Vault won't prioritize it properly, you've got nothing.

This is a cheap & fallacious tactic not worth our time.
It's a huge waste of dev time.
I don't bother to read past the point where someone says this about a Feedback/Suggestion thread.

LordMega

Dec 2, 2020
If the strongest, lead-off argument you can come up with against a Suggestion is that you're somehow afraied that Star Vault won't prioritize it properly, you've got nothing.

This is a cheap & fallacious tactic not worth our time.

I don't bother to read past the point where someone says this about a Feedback/Suggestion thread.

Every single suggestion here is already going to be in the game, the difference being solely that it won't be in a town, but rather out in the world. Your idea is that starvault should build a new system and redesign all the towns so that you can do this guild hall and stores in town rather than building them out in the world as originally designed. It's unrealistic. It's not a cheap argument to explain that something is unrealistic. It's never going to happen. It doesn't need to happen.

There already needs to be more reasons for people to leave town, not less. Everything about these suggestions reads like someone who didn't pay attention when Henrik had a whole stream about Housing and keeps. There are already various size housing, and there will be strongholds. That's the original premise and title of this thread addressed right there, so this thread shouldn't even exist. You can make a house into a store already. To reiterate.. all this stuff is going to be in the game. It just won't be in cities. It doesn't need to be.

Piet

May 28, 2020

Guild Halls in Towns:
3) Standard includes basic features: Guild Bank and basic public shelves/containers, and flag or guild sign at front of door.
4) Extra features (costs / fee) for NPC vendors (utility, cook, magic vendor, etc.).

This is basically implemented with being able to build your own stronghold and city but I do like the in town idea kind of depending on if they have guild stones a destroyable thing again or not.

Nov 29, 2020
It's a huge waste of dev time. There's a relatively small team working on this game and they have a ton of things to add. Many mechanics and systems are missing. Eventually we're supposed to get naval content- ships, that sort of thing. Entire new continents. We already have a system that can do these things and you want to have the devs build a new one? It's not going to happen, be realistic.

Hi LordMega, Henrik just mentioned that there will be rentable halls in cities like Tindrem in his latest housing update. It's planned and intended to fill up the empty cities and buildings. It's nice for people to have an open mind especially on a feedback thread to throw ideas and suggestions. I think that's more realistic.

Nov 29, 2020
Every single suggestion here is already going to be in the game, the difference being solely that it won't be in a town, but rather out in the world. Your idea is that starvault should build a new system and redesign all the towns so that you can do this guild hall and stores in town rather than building them out in the world as originally designed. It's unrealistic. It's not a cheap argument to explain that something is unrealistic. It's never going to happen. It doesn't need to happen.

There already needs to be more reasons for people to leave town, not less. Everything about these suggestions reads like someone who didn't pay attention when Henrik had a whole stream about Housing and keeps. There are already various size housing, and there will be strongholds. That's the original premise and title of this thread addressed right there, so this thread shouldn't even exist. You can make a house into a store already. To reiterate.. all this stuff is going to be in the game. It just won't be in cities. It doesn't need to be.

I am excited that my idea was already supported and is planned for implementation in the future. :)

• Love

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
i like the idea to rent some of the fake buildings inside towns for my guild. giving purpose to things is sandbox. And for people who dont like to be in town they can just build a Stronghold into the wild.
MacLeod

Reactions: Tuhtram