Improve mining and woodcutting

sniku2001

Jan 28, 2022
when u mine or woodcut ,make to get the same amount of resourses each strike without decreasing them, and when the resourse is depleted,make the spot disappear until it has maximum regenerated

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Yeah I think it would be a lot more fun if it was like Conan exiles mining and woodcutting. Guessing it's just SV doesn't have the skill or time to make it like that though. Would be hella more fun than hold r and afk

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Some people really like the afk naked mining-gathering system, i like taking their shit.

Nisse

Jun 17, 2021
I feel like wood cutting could be improved to give more raw lumber per tick, which could then be processed further to poles or planks prior to use. It doesn’t really make sense that mining is so involved and detailed, and then wood cutting is just very slow ticks.

Reactions: CrgHck

TheHeretic

Jun 1, 2020
MK\Bakti\JC
I feel like wood cutting could be improved to give more raw lumber per tick, which could then be processed further to poles or planks prior to use. It doesn’t really make sense that mining is so involved and detailed, and then wood cutting is just very slow ticks.
nope. If you want another game, just play on it. There is what it is, dont try to change it pls.

• Haha
Reactions: sniku2001

Nisse

Jun 17, 2021
nope. If you want another game, just play on it. There is what it is, dont try to change it pls.

Welcome to the “Improvement/Suggestions” sub-forum. This is where we make suggestions for improvements and changes to the game.

TheHeretic

Jun 1, 2020
MK\Bakti\JC
Welcome to the “Improvement/Suggestions” sub-forum. This is where we make suggestions for improvements and changes to the game.
That was no need bro. No need to try make MO like all other games. MO is good enough in resorses gathering. Just think about something other

• Haha

Melhisedek

Dec 3, 2021
Tindrem
when u mine or woodcut ,make to get the same amount of resourses each strike without decreasing them, and when the resourse is depleted,make the spot disappear until it has maximum regenerated
it would be much more correct to do the extraction and mining as in combat movements, each blow with a swing by hand, there will be fewer macrosnerds

Last edited:

Nisse

Jun 17, 2021
That was no need bro. No need to try make MO like all other games. MO is good enough in resorses gathering. Just think about something other

I enjoy thinking about resource gathering. I find the metal-making side relaxing and just about the right level of player involvement for me, as it alternates mining with refining. Refining has choices and trade offs to make. I’m not saying they are mysteries for the ages but they are decision points. Chopping trees is just afk busy-work and adds very little to the game IMO. The only reason to chop for most people is if they are building a house, and it’s just a straight up tax of “you must afk inside or just outside town for two hours”. Getting ganked during that afk time is irrelevant as you lose a 5 silver wood axe. The attacker gets an MC which is much worse. It’s not interesting gameplay and there’s no room for interesting economics based off it. Wood is either ironwood (shields for the 1% who can be bothered), or spongewood (bows), or just wood and who cares which kind because you shove it into your generic building once. Everything else about it is irrelevant, which is sad because wood is a central resource for non-industrial societies. Cultures form whole practices and ways of living based on the properties of the trees around them. We even have the Alvarin whose lore definitely involves trees.

There is room for improvement with wood, I don’t know if its changing the stats or changing the gathering or changing the processing, but somehow the game designers should take a look and give it some love. At least having more building styles with different proportions of stone/wood/metal would be a good step. Hell, make a Khurite style building that *requires* spongewood.

Last edited:

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.

The systems could use some changes for sure.

But I think there is more to depleting nodes than one may first think.

At some point gathering at a reduce yield is a waste of time and tool dura.

So players that keep on top of that will get better results.

While those that don't will not get as good of results.

Basically the more active gatherer is rewarded better than a pure afk one.

In addition the depleting nodes can also lead to something similar to prospecting.

For example, there is a rock there but you do not know how much it is producing until you mine it.

So a player has to test areas to see if they are worth mining or not.

If the rocks where to disappear then this would again remove some aspects of gathering.

Trees are a bit different than mining a rock face though. I do think it would be good for them to fall and produce a finite amount.

I have suggested this for all gathering before but it could fit trees alone as well.

And that is that the resource grows over time and provides better yield the older it is.

This would have a similar effect as how it already works. But a tree for example could fall and eventually start to grow again.

The gatherer could then check resources to see how much they would produce and decide if it is worth them doing it or not.

So again this would reward those that actively search out better resources.

While still allowing the pure afk gatherer to gather with less yields.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

sniku2001

Jan 28, 2022
for the simplicity of it,i still think to make to get the same amount of resourses each strike without decreasing them, and when the resourse is depleted,make the spot disappear until it has maximum regenerated