If you don't like the rep system you can live in lawless camps or guild keeps

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentPony

Nov 27, 2021
but you would expect the game to react to how you play it though right?
What is that even supposed to mean? I just want this game to have good options if I want to roam and kill people. Like a massive war between khurite and tindremic cities. So that I get a free pass for raiding the whole side of the map at least.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
You must not like RP then lol. And that’s totally fine too. To each his own. But you may want to try something that isn’t an mmorpg. New World is a great option and I think it hits all the spots you want this game to be.
So when exactly can i petition the King to solve this dispute between our two guilds? And how exactly do these guards know we've been killing someone if there's no patrols and no witnesses? Or how exactly do lictors teleport through wall and one shot criminals? Why exactly they act like automatons who aren't willing to figure out who is guilty and all they know if someone landed the first hit - and they know this despite they've never seen the actual fight, or can't i bribe them or something? Let's go the RP route further, see where it leads.

You are corrent, this is a mmorpg, even more than that, it's a SANDBOX mmorpg, and if you want to take away player's agenda on how to solve their disputes maybe it's you who needs to find some theme park mmo like, i don't know, world of warcraft maybe, and fight fictional villains to solve fictional problems there?

Reactions: Falcar

Toerin

Dec 19, 2021
What is that even supposed to mean? I just want this game to have good options if I want to roam and kill people. Like a massive war between khurite and tindremic cities. So that I get a free pass for raiding the whole side of the map at least.
“So that I get a free pass for raiding the whole side of the map at least.” Lolol oh I get it. You just want a free pass. Or in other words no consequences for actions your character makes in a ROLE PLAYING GAME! lol

Toerin

Dec 19, 2021
So when exactly can i petition the King to solve this dispute between our two guilds? And how exactly do these guards know we've been killing someone if there's no patrols and no witnesses? Or how exactly do lictors teleport through wall and one shot criminals? Why exactly they act like automatons who aren't willing to figure out who is guilty and all they know if someone landed the first hit - and they know this despite they've never seen the actual fight, or can't i bribe them or something? Let's go the RP route further, see where it leads.

You are corrent, this is a mmorpg, even more than that, it's a SANDBOX mmorpg, and if you want to take away player's agenda on how to solve their disputes maybe it's you who needs to find some theme park mmo like, i don't know, world of warcraft maybe, and fight fictional villains to solve fictional problems there?
No one has said anything like that and I think you’re emotional state might be getting in your way of overcoming the misunderstanding.

1. everyone should play the way they want.
2.Everyone should experience a positive and negative outcome for each decision they make in the game. (Lawful and unlawful)
3. No one should expect an npc empire to know or care about the dispute of two rival gangs. It’s a monarchy not a democracy lol

If you want to settle your dispute through pvp I fully support that. I think the only thing we disagree on is that you don’t want repercussions for the way you roleplay.

out of curiosity how would you expect to end the bloodshed (if that is your goal, I’m still not clear on what you want from the other warring guild) by continuing to shed more blood.

SilentPony

Nov 27, 2021
“So that I get a free pass for raiding the whole side of the map at least.” Lolol oh I get it. You just want a free pass. Or in other words no consequences for actions your character makes in a ROLE PLAYING GAME! lol
You are right, roleplaying should be number 1 priority above gameplay. And scenarios where one group of people can kill the other without their own side being angry at them can't be imagined. Vikings didn't exist, for example.

Toerin

Dec 19, 2021
You are right, roleplaying should be number 1 priority above gameplay. And scenarios where one group of people can kill the other without their own side being angry at them can't be imagined. Vikings didn't exist, for example.
They did exist. And as a repercussion for raiding towns and monistaries they were not welcomed with open arms when their longships pulled up on shore lol

Reactions: Tifached

SilentPony

Nov 27, 2021
They did exist. And as a repercussion for raiding towns and monistaries they were not welcomed with open arms when their longships pulled up on shore lol
You don't seem to understand. With the current reputation system, you own viking settlements will also kill you on sight. That's why the system is bad. And you have no way of differentiating between 'allies' and 'enemies' because there is no visible city allegiance and no requirement to stick to your own faction. Khurite and tindremic city players can group up and if you get into a fight with them, you will lose your standing everywhere. When vikings came to raid other countries, they didn't have this problem.

Reactions: Tifached

Toerin

Dec 19, 2021
You don't seem to understand. With the current reputation system, you own viking settlements will also kill you on sight. That's why the system is bad. And you have no way of differentiating between 'allies' and 'enemies' because there is no visible city allegiance and no requirement to stick to your own faction. Khurite and tindremic city players can group up and if you get into a fight with them, you will lose your standing everywhere. When vikings came to raid other countries, they didn't have this problem.
Vikings were not pirates. They were run by Yarls who acted as kings. Those Yarls controlled where and when they would raid. If a Viking went against orders of the yard they could be punished, exiled or killed. The faction leaders (yarls) are all npcs. They are not player run. And those “yarls” may have a truce between them as I don’t see any npc guards marching off to wars (Just townsfolk, like yourself and every other player in game).

SilentPony

Nov 27, 2021
Vikings were not pirates. They were run by Yarls who acted as kings. Those Yarls controlled where and when they would raid. If a Viking went against orders of the yard they could be punished, exiled or killed. The faction leaders (yarls) are all npcs. They are not player run. And those “yarls” may have a truce between them as I don’t see any npc guards marching off to wars (Just townsfolk, like yourself and every other player in game).
Yes. Which is what I said earlier, if we have the universal peace between these imaginary NPC factions, then remove combat skills from the game, it is not going to be about combat.

Toerin

Dec 19, 2021
Yes. Which is what I said earlier, if we have the universal peace between these imaginary NPC factions, then remove combat skills from the game, it is not going to be about combat.
It can be about combat though. If you want to still use the Viking analogy use Ragnar Lothbrook as an example. His yarl had told him not to go raiding across the sea in search of new land (now known as England). Ragnar disobeyed him and as a result had lost the yards favor and was punished for doing so. You can go against the wishes of your faction but there’s a price for that as well as gains you get for doing so. It’s all part of a sandbox mmorpg

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
The real pvpers DO live in red towns. They do not complain about the rep system or how unfair the guard zone is.

the shitters and greefers that arent good enough to survive in red towns, sit in graveyards and guard zones. Those are the ones constantly complaining of how there is no pvp, and how the rep system is so unfair.Do not listen to the shitters.

SilentPony

Nov 27, 2021
The real pvpers DO live in red towns. They do not complain about the rep system or how unfair the guard zone is.

the shitters and greefers that arent good enough to survive in red towns, sit in graveyards and guard zones. Those are the ones constantly complaining of how there is no pvp, and how the rep system is so unfair.Do not listen to the shitters.
Have you ever tried to live in red towns? How about trading in them?

Rhias

May 28, 2020
If you are attacking first, who is actually the aggressor in that situation? I understand that you want to protect your guild members but if you choose to do that through attacking you become a vigilante in the eyes of the guards. If you really want to help guild members in trouble have a healing spell on hand for them. Again you can play however you want that’s what makes the game fun. But that doesn’t mean there’s no consequences for your in game actions
There are 3 people of the same guild where 2 of them already attcked me, and I hit the 3rd of them before he did any damage to me because he's a mage or archer who missed his spell/arrow on me, and now I'm the aggressor?
Sorry, but that system seems flawed to me.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020

For every one person with some common sense on these forums you’ll run in to 10 different trolls.

I don’t think the rep system should allow for mass murder but the way it is now sucks.

there needs to be some lawless zones and there needs to be territories controlled by kingdoms. You should be able to kill i the territory you don’t intend to live in.

As for some of the other people in this thread, there are millions in the game. Their only goal is that people who play the game suffer

Toerin

Dec 19, 2021
There are 3 people of the same guild where 2 of them already attcked me, and I hit the 3rd of them before he did any damage to me because he's a mage or archer who missed his spell/arrow on me, and now I'm the aggressor?
Not really. Let’s say you are in a graveyard and a mage fires a spell towards an undead but misses. That shot he took went by you at the same distance as the mages spell in your scenario. Two completely different situations but if the game was calibrated to register a close shot as an assault than graveyards would be reputation killers, would they not?

User_name

Mar 23, 2021

That is not an issue of the reputation system but rather flagging. This could in theory be solved by flagging the whole guild of an aggressor local grey to the assaulted player, but this could also lead to goofy shit with people infiltrating other guilds for the LULs. There's probably better solutions.

pooternackle

Mar 21, 2021
No one has said anything like that and I think you’re emotional state might be getting in your way of overcoming the misunderstanding.

1. everyone should play the way they want.
2.Everyone should experience a positive and negative outcome for each decision they make in the game. (Lawful and unlawful)
3. No one should expect an npc empire to know or care about the dispute of two rival gangs. It’s a monarchy not a democracy lol

If you want to settle your dispute through pvp I fully support that. I think the only thing we disagree on is that you don’t want repercussions for the way you roleplay.

out of curiosity how would you expect to end the bloodshed (if that is your goal, I’m still not clear on what you want from the other warring guild) by continuing to shed more blood.

There are some pvpers who don’t want any repercussions, and those people should be ignored. If people want to pvp without consequence, play mordhau or something.

But the rep system honestly does suck currently. At the end of the day, this is a video game. The rep system should be a deterrent for arbitrary killing, but it shouldn’t be as punitive as it is now. The way it’s currently designed just sucks and makes the game more tedious/boring, which should not be the goal of any crime/reputation system.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
There are some pvpers who don’t want any repercussions, and those people should be ignored. If people want to pvp without consequence, play mordhau or something.

But the rep system honestly does suck currently. At the end of the day, this is a video game. The rep system should be a deterrent for arbitrary killing, but it shouldn’t be as punitive as it is now. The way it’s currently designed just sucks and makes the game more tedious/boring, which should not be the goal of any crime/reputation system.
No crime system is near perfect. The old system was good because it was relaxed enought that people who did no wrong would not be punished too harshly. People are going to be punished regardless they were right or wrong in a crime system.

Telling people to go play mordhau is ignorant tho. Completely different games.

Toerin

Dec 19, 2021

At the end of the day we aren’t the ones making the game. If MO2 is something people like they should play it if not people don’t have to. Mordhau might be exactly what those players are looking for. At the end of the day play what you like, just don’t expect a game to change to fit your specific likes. And definitely don’t take it out on new players by griefing them until they quit the game. I just don’t see how it’s productive for anyone involved

Status
Not open for further replies.