I hate the etherworld (Jeff Lebowski voice)

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Can you give us like an option to pay an upkeep fee so we can spawn at certain priests? I do a lot of traveling, my dudes. I just rode a jotun w/ armor from JC to Hyl u ain' sayin nothin', but this is garbage day content. I def understand that you need to be alive to transport things, that makes sense. I'll do that, but what if I wanna go to a city? Gotta waste 40 minutes. It was even better when pysche boosted your shit. I know I said this before, but my tamer had 140 psyche and she was fucking SPIDERMAN in the etherworld.

Please fix this trash. If people want to inhabit the etherworld, that's cool, but I'd rather just port to a priest. Hue?

Reactions: Bicorps
D

Dracu

Spiritism travel spell needs an overhaul,

speed change to 200-500% for 1 hour, buff runs out of beeing hit once or if engaged in any channeling.

not 10% for a few seconds <.< Especially since the time you have to stand still to cast it kinda makes this spell absolutely pointless.

Why only spiritism? Cause i have one lol

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Can you give us like an option to pay an upkeep fee so we can spawn at certain priests? I do a lot of traveling, my dudes. I just rode a jotun w/ armor from JC to Hyl u ain' sayin nothin', but this is garbage day content. I def understand that you need to be alive to transport things, that makes sense. I'll do that, but what if I wanna go to a city? Gotta waste 40 minutes. It was even better when pysche boosted your shit. I know I said this before, but my tamer had 140 psyche and she was fucking SPIDERMAN in the etherworld.

Please fix this trash. If people want to inhabit the etherworld, that's cool, but I'd rather just port to a priest. Hue?

So you took THE slowest horse from two of the furthest points and are complaining about the time?

A jotun does like 760cm/s or 7.6m/s max... or about 5.6m/s speed 2.

You are better off using a Steppe horse, which has a top speed of 8.4m/s and a speed 2 of 6.3m/s.

Even if you went in a straight line the distance from JC to Hyl is 4.5km. That distance would take nearly an hour straight line for the Jotun to make at speed 2. But the Steppe would do it in about 40min.

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
If they add any type of teleport it would break the game.

If it is only spirit teleport it will still break the game. Because you would have "Zerg" guilds stock gear in every town and then they get wind of someone doing a run. They just port over get gear, kill the people doing the run, take the shit. Then Port back to their home town.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
So you took THE slowest horse from two of the furthest points and are complaining about the time?

You are better off using a Steppe horse, which has a top speed of 8.4m/s and a speed 2 of 6.3m/s.

Even if you went in a straight line the distance from JC to Hyl is 4.5km. That distance would take nearly an hour straight line for the Jotun to make at speed 2. But the Steppe would do it in about 40min.

M'love,

Though my post contained the words you wrote, they were arranged differently and thus conveyed different meaning. I'm saying I rode a Jotun from two ridic points. I have my ways. It was done. I got r dun. I can do it. It shouldn't be every time I wanna ghost to another city. Because I got operations running out of many cities and I'd love to have even more reach.

I would never ride a jotun in speed 2. You ride out 3rd then restam, can go deep in stam. They are slow but not as slow as you think for long distance due to large stam pool and how stam regens when you are stopped.

I was saying world travel is not an issue, but moving between towns is an issue being as ghost travel is a big part of the game and SUCKS. We have home priest, can we get like 2 more priest points? Why it gotta be teleport? Just certain priests can res you.

I don't see how it would break the game. Someone could port their spirit over there (again etherworld logic!) and do whatever, but how can that be exploited?

RE: 20P, I dunno man. haha. Zerg guilds do what they want, depleting their gear or horses in said spot still starves them out. There are ways to keep them off. Most zerg guilds don't want a FFA so I doubt they would be porting in. However, I can see how people mass porting in could become an issue. However, I don't think it's one the game couldn't recover from lol. It's more people doing stuff, which is good. People are covering more ground, etc.

But yea, if you wanna trade gank someone like that you prol don't need mass portals, just some lite learning of people's routines.

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind

You completely misunderstood the OP.
M'love,

Though my post contained the words you wrote, they were arranged differently and thus conveyed different meaning. I'm saying I rode a Jotun from two ridic points. I have my ways. It was done. I got r dun. I can do it. It shouldn't be every time I wanna ghost to another city. Because I got operations running out of many cities and I'd love to have even more reach.

I would never ride a jotun in speed 2. You ride out 3rd then restam, can go deep in stam. They are slow but not as slow as you think for long distance due to large stam pool and how stam regens when you are stopped.

I was saying world travel is not an issue, but moving between towns is an issue being as ghost travel is a big part of the game and SUCKS. We have home priest, can we get like 2 more priest points? Why it gotta be teleport? Just certain priests can res you.

I don't see how it would break the game. Someone could port their spirit over there (again etherworld logic!) and do whatever, but how can that be exploited?

RE: 20P, I dunno man. haha. Zerg guilds do what they want, depleting their gear or horses in said spot still starves them out. There are ways to keep them off. Most zerg guilds don't want a FFA so I doubt they would be porting in. However, I can see how people mass porting in could become an issue. However, I don't think it's one the game couldn't recover from lol. It's more people doing stuff, which is good. People are covering more ground, etc.

But yea, if you wanna trade gank someone like that you prol don't need mass portals, just some lite learning of people's routines.
TLDR:
Transporting while alive is tedious but doable and understandable. Ghost Travel takes too long, needs some sort of addition or rework.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
You completely misunderstood the OP.

TLDR:
Transporting while alive is tedious but doable and understandable. Ghost Travel takes too long, needs some sort of addition or rework.

Good look. lol. But yeah, I mean, I understand there are def cheezes that are added, but in the end I think if pvp if ever done proper, the 'zerg guild' will be fighting 'the town' in most cases which is good content. It's not exactly too bad for someone to be like o shit yall fighting lemme jump in. IT kinda sucks rofl, don't get me wrong, but it's something we could adapt to.

The world is just a mite too big for 800 speed. 800 speed isn't enough. If you could jump super high, maybe. Like Hodo said, straight line would be ok. If you legit were flying. SHIT THEY COULD EVEN PUT A FUCKING COOL DOWN IF YOU GUYS ARE WORRIED ABOUT CHEESE. Wow problem SOLVED. RIP.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
M'love,

I could definitely disagree with you on the jotun being ok for long distance trips, but that is a discussion for another topic.

The issue I believe with speeding up Ether travel maybe engine limitations.

I dont think we need a second home priest option. I believe you should have the current home priest information displayed on your character sheet so you know where you are set to. Also I feel we should have the nearest priest option be more visible. Instead of the guess work of hitting priest and gambling on going to Jungle Camp or to Mohki or even Spider Valley. Let us know which priest we are closest to.

Reactions: Najwalaylah