Hunting

terriblegamerjoe

Mar 27, 2021
I'm enjoying the game when I can play, but I'm starting to see things that will eventually cause an issue for me as a player. I know we're in a stress test, and this is not persistent beta, so I'm sure most of this will be addressed, but I've also noticed a lot of streamers are having no issues with these things.

Basically, what I mean by this is that I can sometimes spend 20-30 minutes just running around looking for something to kill out in the wild to get materials for armor. I've seen ONE solitary pig in the last hour, and when I tried to kill it the guards attacked it, so no loot.

I'm not expecting WoW levels of mob spawns, but running around for 20-30 minutes without seeing ANYTHING and not to mention the further you run, the more time it takes to get back to do anything with the items if you ever find any, and that's if you don't get killed first.

In it's current state, you can easily sink an hour or more into the game and accomplish almost nothing.

Are there any plans to change this?

Sanguine

Mar 22, 2021
Not all the mobs are in game atm. Missing a lot of mobs/spawns. Hopefully they do a better job with mob density this game. I don’t think it was the best in MO1. There was few mobs worth farming and the ones that were good, were highly contested.

Rankor

May 28, 2020
Texas
www.youtube.com
Not all the mobs are in game atm. Missing a lot of mobs/spawns. Hopefully they do a better job with mob density this game. I don’t think it was the best in MO1. There was few mobs worth farming and the ones that were good, were highly contested.
Exactly. Only a small portion of the mobs are actually in game currently. Even so, Henrik stated there are roughly 16 thousand animals in the world currently.

Cobblecat

Mar 29, 2021
I'm very new to the game and with the steep learning curve I'm still in Haven, but because it's so busy in there lately (because of people just like me) pigs don't last long but at least they respawn quite fast. Once out of sight of haven the wildlife is sparse, but as mentioned above that's understandable. I wish Springbok spawned a bit faster as if you kill a couple (and can carry the drops) you can make in the region of 3 gold (give or take) and if you want to keep the resources you get nice Quality Leather. It beats scraping around the Graveyard for zombie heads at 20s a go and getting no worthwhile resources out of them

Reactions: Rankor