How Long should Sarducaa bridge be?

How long Should Scarducaa Bridge take to cross on a horse?

• 5 min

• 20 min

• 40 min

• 1 hr

Results are only viewable after voting.

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
I was thinking, If this is supposed to be a living world. The Scarducaa Bridge should take at least 40min to cross. So it takes about 40min to get from meduli to necro dungon on a horse. So if you start at one end of Scarducaa it will take 40min to get to the bridge, 40 min to get across the bridge, and 40ming to get across Maryland. So it would be a 2 hr trip to get to one side of the map to the other.

Nobody wants to walk in a straight line for 40min, I get that. But just think of the crazy fish you could get when the new poles and stuff comes out. Think of the interaction of getting a group to transport stuff across it, or to set a trap and try to steal other peoples stuff. When ships come out think of robbing from people to jump off the bridge and get away like a bad ass pirate.

It would make materials from Scarducaa worth something and would promote proper continent trading.

I would hate for it to be like it was in MO1 where you get loaded into it after only walking the bridge for 100 or so meters.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
lol 1 hour. Very short. I really hope they can find a way that you can't camp it like before. There should be some way to get around it or a different path. 2 paths, cmon. It's a good start. Even if people camp both at least you can be like o well.

Sardu used to spawn you under the water on the other side and stuff and people would be waiting for you to spawn in on the myr side and just gank you.

The bridge is iconic, but they could always make the bridge 'broken' and have a little zone on either side and have them take you by SHIPS. So that people don't get camped out traveling and they don't have the deal w/ the bs + people can switch without a huge deal (as it will be a little guard outpost.)

Also speaking of if you guys put guards all over the fucking cities and won't put any military on the BRIDGE YALL R CRAZY.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
lol 1 hour. Very short. I really hope they can find a way that you can't camp it like before. There should be some way to get around it or a different path. 2 paths, cmon. It's a good start. Even if people camp both at least you can be like o well.

Sardu used to spawn you under the water on the other side and stuff and people would be waiting for you to spawn in on the myr side and just gank you.

The bridge is iconic, but they could always make the bridge 'broken' and have a little zone on either side and have them take you by SHIPS. So that people don't get camped out traveling and they don't have the deal w/ the bs + people can switch without a huge deal (as it will be a little guard outpost.)

Also speaking of if you guys put guards all over the fucking cities and won't put any military on the BRIDGE YALL R CRAZY.
Would make 100% sense to put a sarducaan village right at the entrance of the bridge, with guards. Maybe a pretty smal village, but enough to warrant some protection from open war and ganking there.

Would make sense to have it there if the bridge itself have some guards too.

Heck, i remember there being an island somewhere on the middle of the bridge, put the village there and guards patrolling the bridge. Would make ganking on the bridge itself... interesting.

Reactions: Xunila and Amadman

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
I dont think guard on the bridge is a good idea, I think the bridge should be an experience to remember, not just walking next to guards every 20 feet

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I do not think it has to be that long.

5 Min seems too long to me.

Even if the bridge was a mile long, it would only take a horse a few min to cross it.

Would make 100% sense to put a sarducaan village right at the entrance of the bridge, with guards. Maybe a pretty smal village, but enough to warrant some protection from open war and ganking there.

Would make sense to have it there if the bridge itself have some guards too.

Heck, i remember there being an island somewhere on the middle of the bridge, put the village there and guards patrolling the bridge. Would make ganking on the bridge itself... interesting.
I think having an outpost on both ends is a good idea (Especially if we get a load screen again.).

All players trying to cross the bridge will have to pass through those two locations to do so.

I don't think they need to be patrolling on the bridge itself but there should be a small somewhat safe area on both ends.

This way players are not dropped directly into in ambush. But one could be waiting just outside of that area.

I dont think guard on the bridge is a good idea, I think the bridge should be an experience to remember, not just walking next to guards every 20 feet

The danger does not have to be at the bridge itself. Getting to and from the bridge is where the danger can be.

Last edited:

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
I agree with Amadman. Its going to be a loading screen so lets not turn this into Eve’s low sec gate camping experience.
Frankly i think there should be multiple ways into Sarducca. One way could be a boat where you have to pay gold to get ferried or something like that.

gavroche3

Apr 27, 2021
If we're going by the distance shown in these two maps, then I'd guess it should be roughly 15 min on horseback, or 30 on foot.

Usual caveats about the maps being outdated, etc.

Attachments

• SarducaaAndMyrland01.png
    SarducaaAndMyrland01.png
    196.4 KB · Views: 11
  • oldmapsmall.png
    oldmapsmall.png
    488.6 KB · Views: 14

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
In addition with outposts or w/e on each end of the bridge, there could be a sort of scaffolding hanging off the side or under the bridge that people that dont have the positive rep with sarducaa/tindrem could take.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
In addition with outposts or w/e on each end of the bridge, there could be a sort of scaffolding hanging off the side or under the bridge that people that dont have the positive rep with sarducaa/tindrem could take.
Agreed. The outpost would need to be bypassable.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
I want it to actually cross from Myrland to Sarducaa without any loading screens. The one from MO1 was a huge disappointment for me.

Even if Sarducaa has to be hosted on a separate server, I hope they can still do some sort of server-meshing like what Star Citizen is going for, so that you don't have a loading screen when you reach a certain point.

Reactions: Xunila

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Ideally there's never a sarducca bridge.

but if SV chose to execute the game by adding way too much land for the amount of players we have, lets go all the way and make it take 4 hours to cross. That would obviously be camped at both ends to make peoples ride worth while.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Before Sarducaa came into MO1, StarVault announced an island between both continents. But they ended with a loading screen.

Nobody would ride or even transport materials for one hour on a bridge, which would be camped by several groups for sure. Transports would be mass events with large groups guarding the materials.

But most players would simply ghost between both continents. And in case of a long way (and even 20 minutes would be long) the community would split even more than today. I like today's local world very much, and in MO1 I played for years on Sarducaa only and crossed the bridge not even once per month.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

yeah, def need to shore up a lot of things. lol. We def don't need more gated content/wall-like gates.

I'm surprised at the one hour thing. haha. I think you dudes musta forgot the kind of stuff people were bringing back from Saru. Make Jungle node line seem like a joke. THOUSANDS OF GOLD. Given the size of the world, yeah, a bridge between continents would be large, but the actual bridge part shouldn't need to be. You can make it a larger block of land. Even if the bridge itself isn't guarded, it should be protected on either side. Have a little embassy etc. Pick up your sardu map and t shirt. Get free if you are sardu race :eek:

Reactions: bbihah

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Ideally 30-45 minutes by boat travel, but well, you know it'll probably take 5 years before boats are added