How is the Queue system suppose to work?

Mar 25, 2021
Not sure if it's new as of the recent update / stress test or not. Is it suppose to be like normal mmo's you click login then you are in a que that will give you a rough EST when you can login again? So far when I could not get in and could get in there was no actual queue style system. Actually the only time is showed some potential queue was when it fails.

Just wondering how it's suppose to work. I'm guessing it's breaking due to the hammering and really not meant to be this way, but I thought I ask how it's suppose to be visually?

Saker

Mar 25, 2021
I find myself wondering if anyone's actually gotten in?, and of course who. Looks like a massively failed "event".

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
The way it's supposed to work is:
  1. Validates your Steam account (requires pinging Steam).
  2. If there is space in the login server, you login to the character screen.
  3. If there is not space, it should indicate that you're put in a queue with an estimate of how long it will take for you to login.
  4. Once you hit "Enter Nave" or load in, then you are transitioned to the actual game server, which is different.
Note - Some have mentioned that if you get "Login Failed" in the current situation, if you don't hit cancel, you will stay in an invisible queue. This is not intended, but may be how it's working currently just as an FYI, I have no confirmation.

According to Henrik (the CEO), what happened this time was so many people hit the login at the same time due to the stress test key release (apparently up to 3000 in one second) that the login server (and database, which is accesssed whenever a new character is created) got bogged down and basically locked up. And then people continued to hammer it after that fact trying to get in.

So the queues were not correct, and it would often just fail even if you got in a queue (as not enough people were actually moving on to make space).

They decided to take down the server and try to implement some fixes and put it back up, but as far as I can tell, it's not up in a stable state yet.

Henrik has repeated a number of times that this is a stress test, the login server (and database) is one are of potential point of failure, and they need this level of real world stress to figure out where the bottlenecks are and fix it. So it was a resounding succes on that end (better to have it happen now than on release), but definitely disappointing for people waiting.

Having huge streamers publically log in and all their fans log in at the same time is a great way to create a maximal "everyone log in at once" event, and again it's better for this to even happen now, during the work hours (for many Americans at least) on a Thursday, so they can work to resolve these issues prior to the weekend when most people will log in.

Saker - Thousands of players had gotten in and were playing. Imagine it as a huge stadium with one door, a bunch of people got in, then people were just crammed at the door as the crowd started to just surge beyong what the door could accomodate.

I think it's unfair to call it a failed "event" by any metric. It succeeded in giving them incredibly valuable data about their login server, which is the point of a stress test, and it goes all the way until Monday. Frustrating to people excited to play for sure, but hardly a massive failure. They are a team of around 27 people and it's currently 11pm in Sweden, they are scrambling like crazy to identify the issue (which they've never seen before), fix it and get things back up. Trust me, they all want the server up way more than we do. =)

Last edited:

klaydavid

Mar 25, 2021
i am having same issue right now

i am done after 1 hour of keep trying to get into the game server cant be reached same msg keep coming up after every try. and I even donate money to this. i am so mad.

Last edited:

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
There is no queue or wait time for me on either of the accounts I am trying to log in to currently. I just get a "Login Failed" after a few seconds. Someone indicated it's an invisible queue so I'm waiting to see what happens. Been waiting at "Login Failed" about 30 minutes now.

Reactions: Datsik
Mar 25, 2021
The way it's supposed to work is:
  1. Validates your Steam account (requires pinging Steam).
  2. If there is space in the login server, you login to the character screen.
  3. If there is not space, it should indicate that you're put in a queue with an estimate of how long it will take for you to login.
  4. Once you hit "Enter Nave" or load in, then you are transitioned to the actual game server, which is different.
Note - Some have mentioned that if you get "Login Failed" in the current situation, if you don't hit cancel, you will stay in an invisible queue. This is not intended, but may be how it's working currently just as an FYI, I have no confirmation.

According to Henrik (the CEO), what happened this time was so many people hit the login at the same time due to the stress test key release (apparently up to 3000 in one second) that the login server (and database, which is accesssed whenever a new character is created) got bogged down and basically locked up. And then people continued to hammer it after that fact trying to get in.

So the queues were not correct, and it would often just fail even if you got in a queue (as not enough people were actually moving on to make space).

They decided to take down the server and try to implement some fixes and put it back up, but as far as I can tell, it's not up in a stable state yet.

Henrik has repeated a number of times that this is a stress test, the login server (and database) is one are of potential point of failure, and they need this level of real world stress to figure out where the bottlenecks are and fix it. So it was a resounding succes on that end (better to have it happen now than on release), but definitely disappointing for people waiting.

Having huge streamers publically log in and all their fans log in at the same time is a great way to create a maximal "everyone log in at once" event, and again it's better for this to even happen now, during the work hours (for many Americans at least) on a Thursday, so they can work to resolve these issues prior to the weekend when most people will log in.

Saker - Thousands of players had gotten in and were playing. Imagine it as a huge stadium with one door, a bunch of people got in, then people were just crammed at the door as the crowd started to just surge beyong what the door could accomodate.

I think it's unfair to call it a failed "event" by any metric. It succeeded in giving them incredibly valuable data about their login server, which is the point of a stress test, and it goes all the way until Monday. Frustrating to people excited to play for sure, but hardly a massive failure. They are a team of around 27 people and it's currently 11pm in Sweden, they are scrambling like crazy to identify the issue (which they've never seen before), fix it and get things back up. Trust me, they all want the server up way more than we do. =)
Great post and thank you for explaining it :) Yeah clearly it's a stress test things like this happen and that is part of life. I was not quite sure how it was suppose to work and you explained it well since it was a bit of a derpy error messages and such. Normally when it said it was a queue it would say failed hehe.

Hopefully they figure out how to fix it before the stress test is over just so those who ignore the fact it's a stress test does not bash the game for the next 10 years.

Omicron

Mar 25, 2021
The stress test is working!

I feel stressed already!

Let me iiiiiiiiiin I want to plaaaaaaaaaay lol

LOGIN FAILED LOGIN FAILED LOGIN FAILED LOGIN FAILED LOGIN FAILED LOGIN FAILED LOGIN FAILED

Omicron

Mar 25, 2021
Noticed the game doesn't actually stop when you quit. It says it's still running in your Steam library - and you CAN'T make it stop without killing Steam or rebooting your computer. Maybe that's the 'invisible queue' as mentioned above?

Datsik

Mar 25, 2021
There is no queue or wait time for me on either of the accounts I am trying to log in to currently. I just get a "Login Failed" after a few seconds. Someone indicated it's an invisible queue so I'm waiting to see what happens. Been waiting at "Login Failed" about 30 minutes now.

Its says validating steam and fails every time. Really disappointing...

Datsik

Mar 25, 2021
I also try to close the game and it some how is still running. I cant stop it either I have to exit steam and reload it.

Perilous1

Mar 26, 2021
So.. When I first click LOGIN it makes a few attempts to get me into the game and then tries to "verify my Steam account". This always fails saying that "The server cannot be reached" and then, to all appearances, stops trying to get me into the game.

I've added an Outbound firewall rule for the game executable and allowed it to run as Admin. Neither helped the issue.

I am assuming that had it successfully verified my Steam account that it would either keep trying to get me in or I would simply then be in the game.

Hard to say since there is zero solid information as to why things aren't working,

Note: For comparison with others having this issue, I got my Beta key from the Alienware website.

I think it is also important to note that neither my Steam account nor the Beta Key I am using is in any way linked to the Mortal Online 2 account I created on this website. That may be as intended but is unusual in MMO's these days, so I wanted to mention it.

Last edited:

TrueOdyn

Mar 25, 2021
Hello everyone, im having the same trouble.
"verify my Steam account" and then "The server cannot be reached".
Its a login fail, because i need to do something to my steam account (link it some how to the game) or its a login fail because of the game servers having trouble with so many logins.

Thanks

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
"Event"? You mean stress test?

Depends on whether they wanted to stress test the login server as well or just the game server. Can't stress test the game server very efficiently if you're already bottlenecked by the login server. So here's to hoping that gets fixed before the 3 days are over.

Perilous1

Mar 26, 2021
Thought I'd pop on at 3am and see if I could get in. After just a minute in the queue I was able to get in, create a character and dink around a bit before they rebooted the server.

Will check it out some more in a bit.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
As @Darthus pointed out, this is a stress test. The fact that it isn't up and running, and no one here has been able to log in, is the whole point of the test. We crashed it - Well done. That's what SV wanted, and for those who participated, we won.

With that out of the way, once the stress test is over hopefully we will see a better log-in performance. I myself am hoping to log in after the stress test is over. I have not been able to log in since the stress tests started, and that is perfectly fine by me.

For those who donated to obtain a key, you are not missing out on anything. Once they get the server up and running, we will all be able to enjoy the game. For now, let the stress tests run their course.

Gearrion

Mar 26, 2021
Might as well just uninstall this game for there is no point to have 77GB or so data taking up my hard drive if it not playable.
Just says login failed server cannot be reached.

Perilous1

Mar 26, 2021
As @Darthus pointed out, this is a stress test. The fact that it isn't up and running, and no one here has been able to log in, is the whole point of the test. We crashed it - Well done. That's what SV wanted, and for those who participated, we won.

With that out of the way, once the stress test is over hopefully we will see a better log-in performance. I myself am hoping to log in after the stress test is over. I have not been able to log in since the stress tests started, and that is perfectly fine by me.

For those who donated to obtain a key, you are not missing out on anything. Once they get the server up and running, we will all be able to enjoy the game. For now, let the stress tests run their course.

While I absolutely agree that this is what a Stress Test is for, I do question them leaving us to wonder if everything was broken instead of taking a minute to reassure the community by saying that what we're seeing was "as intended".

Instead, it looks more like they got what they needed from us and left us to flounder in ignorance.