Horse Flee Command Please.

Cruor

Sep 14, 2021
If I get into a PvP fight and I die, I don't care that much. I lose a set of gear and I have enough mats in the bank to make 50 more of the weapon and armors I lost. What I REALLY do care about though, is the horse. It's a pain in the ass to lose a level 125 Desert Horse to some pointless fight, even if you win, you lose because you get their crap gear and your horse died. Then you get to run to the lame horse spawn, hope there is one there, get that, then ride to the Desert spawn, tame/abandon till you get a 70+, then level that one back up, its just a lame loop. Also, most of the time I win the horse engagement but then they will just rush your horse if you dismount or can hug a boulders/tree and bow at your horse. (understandable, I do the same when I'm dismounted) So what I propose is the "flee" command for horses. You should be able to dismount and then tell the horse to just run.... it could run say 50M away from you at full speed then stop. Pretty much a slap on the ass like in real life to make the horse run. I assume this would be very easy to put in, and would make PvP a lot better, so people could fight without constantly losing horses.

My second idea is doubling horse health, but Horses "throw" the rider at under half health (you would just fall off like you do when overweight) The horse would then run off, frightened for its life. The PvP fight would then occur, and if the owner wins, he goes to his horse, heals it, rides off. If the other guy wins, he can loot horse bags on the horse as long as the horse is mercied. While some people would still kill the horse, I think the average person will let it go once they have the loot. The horse can then walk back to its home stable (they do this in real life) This would also give more meaning to level up a strong pet, rather than have horses just be fully disposable as they are now. This could also leave variation open, say Jotan Horses could be the "bravest" and not throw till 20% hp, so they they aren't just full trash.

In this way, you still get to pvp, still get full loot, still get to be a murdering bandit, still get that pvp adrenaline rush but don't have to make things fully miserable for the victim. It's also just as bad for the victor when they "win" but their horses died in the fight, so they get to walk 10 minutes to the next horse spawn.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
honestly most gankers know and only care about killing your horse. Half the time they wont even kill you just kill your horse

Reactions: Bladeer01

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
I think horses should work like the wild ones.. If attacked they start moving away from target.. Even if tamed. And not stay there like a fake horse

RhymenoserousRex

Feb 22, 2022
honestly most gankers know and only care about killing your horse. Half the time they wont even kill you just kill your horse

Thats because killing me sends me home where a fresh kit is in the bank. Killing my horse on the otherhand is a hell punishment if I'm more than the distance I can chuck a lawn dart because foot speed at it's best is horrible for going any kind of distance.

Sneed

Jan 25, 2022
You WILL have your horses pumped
You WILL walk to the nearest horse spawn
Your horsebag/armor WILL be taken
You WILL like it

T. HorsePumper

D

Deleted member 44

I wish more people would understand that it's nothing personal. It's a tactical advantage for me to have you lose your mount. You can't tail me, scout, regroup with a larger force. It's about my survival over yours and losing the ability to reaction force counter attack. I've tried to play the friendly blue and not attack others and it's just not worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cruor

Sep 14, 2021
I wish more people would understand that it's nothing personal. It's a tactical advantage for me to have you lose your mount. You can't tail me, scout, regroup with a larger force. It's about my survival over yours and losing the ability to reaction force counter attack. I've tried to play the friendly blue and not attack others and it's just not worth it.

I don't think its personal and I enjoy PvP i just hate how easily the horses die. I think they should be harder to kill and at least attempt escape. If Both parties can tell the horse to run, then the loser isn't going to be alive to tail you, scout, or regroup. He will just be dead, you get his loot and the horse can walk back to the stable. I usually attack first too, I just hate how easily horses die, I want options to keep them alive more easily. As I stated, a lot of the time winning the fight sucks because you lose your horse in the battle and can't even carry any good loot away. Anyone can just B line a horse and 3 hit it with a decent axe or longbow, before going down.

C3ncio

Feb 5, 2022
When horses will have stats this will help their survivability a bit cause some stats like Strenght give them defense to a specific type of damage.
The idea of running horses when attacked is very good tho, i hope to see this implemented but don't foul yourself: horses will always be a target in this game cause as Shmerrick said they are an important strategic resource

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022
Horses shoukd definatly be killable

But they also shouldnt just stand there thats just dumb and lazy mechanics at work