Guano Model Scale Needs To Be Larger, Provide More Per Gather

lord_yoshi

Oct 3, 2020
You're going to tell me a giant Terror Bird only craps out .01 to .03 kg of Guano? It should be at least ten times that. The guano model is almost impossible to see among the tall grass and green-colored rocks, so the model scale needs to be much larger, around three to four times the size.

Ichorous

May 28, 2020
Okay wow. Just went guano hunting. I agree that it should either be easier to spot or it should be more per pick. Even both would be great. It's gonna be more valuable than boss loot the way it is now.

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
Okay wow. Just went guano hunting. I agree that it should either be easier to spot or it should be more per pick. Even both would be great. It's gonna be more valuable than boss loot the way it is now.
agreed. I literally thought my game was bugged the first few times i accidentally moused over it when i first noticed it. The fact that they made it the exact same color as the ground texture as well as making the model almost completely flat was such a terrible idea. The best thing they could do for now is just vastly increase the size of the pile.

Ichorous

May 28, 2020
agreed. I literally thought my game was bugged the first few times i accidentally moused over it when i first noticed it. The fact that they made it the exact same color as the ground texture as well as making the model almost completely flat was such a terrible idea. The best thing they could do for now is just vastly increase the size of the pile.
They also made it so that you can't see it through the leafy ground foliage, so you have to aim your cursor under leaves if you want to even spot it.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
Is guano the new umbilica?
Extraneous detail: I think it was always guano that the umbilica was living in — as some kind of parasite.

*Your* umbilicus, of course, is the 'cord' that once attached you, by the navel, to a placenta inside your mum. Unless you are a lizard person, but we won't go into that. It's not a body part found in any bird or reptile. SV calling whatever-it-was an umbilica was a mistake.

"I'm pretty sure ["umbilica"] a sort of organism, like a parasite, not actual feces. Parazoa is an animal sub-kingdom."
— clonedclone,
In Zyconnic's MO1 forum thread 'Guide to Pickables'

The pickable 'umbilica' from MO1 was (according to the Lore) classed as one of the Parazoa. Those are animals-- sort of. Nearly.

"[A] taxon with sub-kingdom category that is located at the base of the phylogenetic tree of the animal kingdom."
— Wikipedia
Translation: As 'animals' go, this one still lives in Mother Nature's basement.

Sponges (in our wordl) are (at least sometimes) classed as Parazoa, though not all Parazoa are sponges. By nature, they could look like almost anything, or, like 'almost nothing' —

"...the most primitive forms, characterized by not having proper tissues or that, in any case, these tissues are only partially differentiated. ...lack muscles, nerves and internal organs, which in many cases resembles a cell colony rather than a multicellular organism itself."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parazoa

— so it makes a kind of sense that the skin they take on in Mortal games is just 'bird scat'.

lord_yoshi

Oct 3, 2020
Seriously, try to find it in the picture. Changing the model scale/color and increasing the amount per pick requires next to no dev time either.

find the guano.jpg