Future Predictions For Beta

How many people will turn out for the beta stress test?

• Total voters

oykd

Nov 26, 2020
in mo1 in big siege steamcharts went up to 140-160 my prediction is 160 old players + new players coud go up to 1k or 2k

Grasthard

Nov 21, 2020
Okinawa
I voted 2k+ but I'm an optimist. Not sure how excited ppl really are to log into a meaningless shell of a game for stress test on server load. But mark my words this game will beat Darkfall's 10k+ at persistent launch. Maybe they go persistent tomorrow? Not sure how that would work so I doubt it.

Indeed, there a quite sizable population of gamers looking for a nice sandbox with depth. look for instance Crowfall, which gathered 35 million dollars on awful "sandbox" promises, and disappointed most backers.

that's why it is extremely important that SV won't rush the release of MO2 like it did in MO1. at launch of MO1 i belieive the population peaked several thousands, maybe even 10k, which quickly dwindled after the first month due to

- bugs
- missing features
- missing content

keeping a steady population after lunch will make or break the game imo. that's why the plan of releasing the game (though on early access) in one month from now doesn't seem the best plan. even with the features promised in the road map.

before a full release MO2 must have a working and tested TC system, most wildlife/resources in, magic, mounts/breeding, guilds and war systems.

Reactions: Svaar and Amadman

oykd

Nov 26, 2020
Indeed, there a quite sizable population of gamers looking for a nice sandbox with depth. look for instance Crowfall, which gathered 35 million dollars on awful "sandbox" promises, and disappointed most backers.

that's why it is extremely important that SV won't rush the release of MO2 like it did in MO1. at launch of MO1 i belieive the population peaked several thousands, maybe even 10k, which quickly dwindled after the first month due to

- bugs
- missing features
- missing content

keeping a steady population after lunch will make or break the game imo. that's why the plan of releasing the game (though on early access) in one month from now doesn't seem the best plan. even with the features promised in the road map.

before a full release MO2 must have a working and tested TC system, most wildlife/resources in, magic, mounts/breeding, guilds and war systems.
if the server can handle it :/

Magos

Nov 26, 2020
Its not a pointless shell of a game I shouldn't have said that, it's actaully really a fun standalone combat sim against tons of other players right now, so nothing about it is a "shell of a game"

Rhias

May 28, 2020
One of my MO2 patch videos got linked in some MMO news pages. Got yesterday ~1k additional views. So there seems to be quite a few articles about the stress test.
Just to name some pages that embedded this video (copied from the youtube analytics page):
mmorpg.org.pl
mmo13.ru
ampproject.org
mein-mmo.de
mmorpg-blog.ru
eveonline.com
mmorpg.com

Reactions: Amadman and Eldrath

Svaar

Nov 4, 2020
Russia/Moscow
Well, there will be a content over time. Those who will take stress test as an demo, leaving dissapointed will just be idiots.
To prevent this from happening, developers need to write in capital letters what the purpose of the stress test is. For example: The purpose of this stress test is to check the load on the server login or debug the network code. Something like that. And write it in big letters on the main page of the site. Then, from a legal point of view, they will protect themselves, and even clever people can always poke their noses and show why the stress test was done. Although it is clear to an idiot what a stess test is =)

• Haha
Reactions: Rorry and Rhias

Vakirauta

May 28, 2020
Poland
I meant that at the stress test there will be crashes, lags, server will go down probably very soon. Its for testing purposes and unfortunately there will be many very new ppl who will take the opportunity to try the game for free, will leave it because "OMG, ITS SO LAGGY AND BUGGY" which is not a reason to judge the game at this day.

Svaar

Nov 4, 2020
Russia/Moscow
I meant that at the stress test there will be crashes, lags, server will go down probably very soon. Its for testing purposes and unfortunately there will be many very new ppl who will take the opportunity to try the game for free, will leave it because "OMG, ITS SO LAGGY AND BUGGY" which is not a reason to judge the game at this day.
always at all times there have been and will be such people =) you need to be more calm about this

Reactions: Vakirauta

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Hoping for more than 2k. Not many games like this coming so Id assume a good chunk would come.

TheMap

Jun 8, 2020
Still waiting on the email for the keys and download? Any info on this? I asked in discord no response. Got about 10 guys waiting to download and see what all the hype is about.

Malathion

May 29, 2020
I'm predicting 250-500. Considering what they got from MR on a good day. I'll double it plus a few.

Vakirauta

May 28, 2020
Poland
Still waiting on the email for the keys and download? Any info on this? I asked in discord no response. Got about 10 guys waiting to download and see what all the hype is about.

The hype is about to test the server stability. Now you know all stress tests are about.

• Haha
Reactions: TheMap

Grasthard

Nov 21, 2020
Okinawa
Seb posted on discord at one point that the emails will be sent a little before the time for stress test to start.

the thing is though, MO2 client is 50+ Gb. if someone sees the mail just before the countdown ends, will they install 50Gb worth of space in time? sometimes steam downloads are quite slow. I hope this issue does not throw off people from trying the game as well

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
the thing is though, MO2 client is 50+ Gb. if someone sees the mail just before the countdown ends, will they install 50Gb worth of space in time? sometimes steam downloads are quite slow. I hope this issue does not throw off people from trying the game as well

They are going out now!

Many may not be ready right when counter is done. But they have 2 days to play.

agui

May 31, 2020
SV always lacked of the importance of marketing.

They make a twitter acc after 10 years ....yeayyyyyy ! How many retweets? :rolleyes:

They make a comercial intro video of the game on youtube ... yayyyy ... how many visualizations??? :unsure:

Its about time to pay some money to a marketing company to help in advertsing the game on the right way . Thats for their on sake to fill a huge map like this and for stress test!

Grasthard

Nov 21, 2020
Okinawa
SV always lacked of the importance of marketing.

They make a twitter acc after 10 years ....yeayyyyyy ! How many retweets? :rolleyes:

They make a comercial intro video of the game on youtube ... yayyyy ... how many visualizations??? :unsure:

Its about time to pay some money to a marketing company to help in advertsing the game on the right way . Thats for their on sake to fill a huge map like this and for stress test!

I have already an idea for a commercial: a busty lady holding a 2h sword, clad in a tight metal bikini and covered in sweat and blood of her enemies. while the camera slowly pans up doing a closeup of her upper body, revealing more details of the scene, metal music plays and the MO2 logo appears!!!

Reactions: Grudge Bringer