Full loot but not really? Remake trinckets

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Like title, remake trinckets. It's deceptive that on the game description says its a "full loot" game when it clearly ain't.

I don't understand why do SV make exception to their own rules which end up crippling the concepts that should be reinforced.

My suggestion short but concise is to make trinckets dropable, sell flux on vendors for cheap, continue with the current drop rate but create a trincket crafting class.

Game needs people losing and dropping stuff, crafting, gathering and selling, NOT BOUND ITEMS THAT DEFEAT THE CONCEPT OF THE GAME.

The current trincket model exists just to ease the cumbersome lack of content, making people that exploited higher drop rates extremely rich compared to any other person playing the game and this is not reversible, unless trinckets are more accessible and drop on death.

Make your systems correlate with each other, do not create isolated pieces of content that don't function organically crippling the game's concept.

I know a lot of people prefer it this way, bound. But only because they have "something special" or they have invested massive amounts of gold (duped or not). When in fact the game is shittier by including bound items into the design, specially when these bound items are unique and no other equipment in the game buffs the characters in the way trinckets do.

People should not have pre-patch bound trinckets, players should drop trinckets on death.

This is one of the biggest problems with the game, that development does not reinforce the game's concept. You won't ever please the mainstream teenager steam kids that want a safe world and bound pixels, just continue with the core game concept instead of creating exceptions to these elemental rules.

And if some morons wanna quit because a bitch ass trincket, let them. Why would you want them in the game in the first place.

Last edited:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Yeah crafting trinkets by getting mats and making certain recipes, like this percent chance for this and this, and honing in on more advanced things. I'd be down.

But mainly, hear hear @ Trinket post. That's why a lot of trinkets that are in the game are invaluable. It's only the concept that puts a limit on price. Didn't some dude say he paid 250k gold?? wew.

You'd think that 'might' get you a keep in MO1. haha.

It is the same as walls; that it is protected makes the rate of progress not matter, so no matter if you are slower, you win in the end because you can't be killed, no matter how much they change trinkets, like if the best you could get was like +1 or +2 raw TOTAL, +2s would be massively expensive. It's just the nutso caps that makes it even more ridic.

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Yeah crafting trinkets by getting mats and making certain recipes, like this percent chance for this and this, and honing in on more advanced things. I'd be down.

But mainly, hear hear @ Trinket post. That's why a lot of trinkets that are in the game are invaluable. It's only the concept that puts a limit on price. Didn't some dude say he paid 250k gold?? wew.

You'd think that 'might' get you a keep in MO1. haha.

It is the same as walls; that it is protected makes the rate of progress not matter, so no matter if you are slower, you win in the end because you can't be killed, no matter how much they change trinkets, like if the best you could get was like +1 or +2 raw TOTAL, +2s would be massively expensive. It's just the nutso caps that makes it even more ridic.
Yeah i find it really idiotic they add bound ítems lol, it's a rotten brain type of thing.

But yeah all trinckets should be made dropable and those "high tier" ones crafteable. Shit should be directed to encourage farming trading and crafting on a wider spectrum of activities for a diversity of groups. Not zerg based content, like making the only rare trincket drops for zergs is retarded to say the least.

Shits bad no matter from where u look at it, and it's mindblowing theres players that like these features. They all claim to be hardcore players but take away their bound ítems and they cry like the lil bitches they are. What a piss poor piece of content.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Yeah i find it really idiotic they add bound ítems lol, it's a rotten brain type of thing.

But yeah all trinckets should be made dropable and those "high tier" ones crafteable. Shit should be directed to encourage farming trading and crafting on a wider spectrum of activities for a diversity of groups. Not zerg based content, like making the only rare trincket drops for zergs is retarded to say the least.

Shits bad no matter from where u look at it, and it's mindblowing theres players that like these features. They all claim to be hardcore players but take away their bound ítems and they cry like the lil bitches they are. What a piss poor piece of content.

I assume if you die before you ID them, they drop tho right? I was just assuming; haven't lost one yet. But yea what a game changer. Not gonna throw anyone under the bus (too much!) cuz all these dudes are rich and/or they got the jump on Trinkets so I am sure they wanna keep their OP shit, but it really does bother me that people are holding shit, no matter how much they paid to charge it, and wow you get 3 charges, too! Well, for copper or w/e haha, maybe the higher tier ones are diff?

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
I agree that trinkets not being full loot is kidna dumb. The issue is that the way they are designed, a good trinket is supposed to be this super rare drop. so nobody would use them if they dropped on death. they would need to be made more common. and have dur so they break and leave the game eventually like everything else.

Reactions: SeaShadow

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
they would need to be made more common. and have dur so they break and leave the game eventually like everything else.

Crafteable and with dura, players should be able to craft the best trinckets, at a certain cost.

Otherwise is just a feature that rewards a small minority.

Reactions: SeaShadow

SeaShadow

Jul 16, 2020
Fix it all, get all the systems in, bugs out, then just wipe the F**K out of the server. Start over real.

And no it dosen't matter what words Henrik chose in the past about no wipes. Calling him a liar implies an intent to decieve, what matters is making the right choices going forward. If the game isnt fun in vendor gear its not fun with anything. Besides people will keep their knowledge of how to make gold.

Last edited:

Rhias

May 28, 2020
I agree that trinkets not being full loot is kidna dumb. The issue is that the way they are designed, a good trinket is supposed to be this super rare drop. so nobody would use them if they dropped on death. they would need to be made more common. and have dur so they break and leave the game eventually like everything else.
Or make the dropped ones some kind of blueprints that can be used to create the actual trinket.

Vaith

May 28, 2020
if the trinkets are to be full loot then they need to rework them because whats the point of for example amulets giving primary skills if its super temporary, its a thing you build your points around.

Also when Starvault has inplemented something they dont revert it as could be seen in mo1, also they wont wipe (They even banned talking about wipes in mo1)

Bigbadwolff

Mar 29, 2021
If u die and the trinkets are in your inventory you lose them
olso if you die and was your last charge on a trinket when you revive it will be put in your inventory, you need to make shure you equip it or end up losing it and dont know why :coffee: :eek:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
if the trinkets are to be full loot then they need to rework them because whats the point of for example amulets giving primary skills if its super temporary, its a thing you build your points around.

Also when Starvault has inplemented something they dont revert it as could be seen in mo1, also they wont wipe (They even banned talking about wipes in mo1)

You're not wrong, but it's like going into another pvp game an trying to tell people about full loot. I would not build off a trink. I didn't know they dropped when in inv only aha. I thought they dropped only when un-id.

Still, Vaith... my man... my bro. You played MO1. You are a super super vet. I know it's COOL to have trinkets, but they seem kinda bad for the game. They could def get rid of primary stuff and have them be... + atts (which yea can also lead to break points,) + att above cap, and %s like they have.

Trinkets being this mystical thing that can increase everything is a bit wild imo!

BUT I'M A HATER.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Crafteable and with dura, players should be able to craft the best trinckets, at a certain cost.

Otherwise is just a feature that rewards a small minority.
Being able to get a rare trinket from mobs spices up PVE. Vs crafting is just click craft like every other item, adding nothing. Crafting trinkets is just another skill people cant fit in their 1 shitty character slot.

Also what I dont get with peoples trinket salt, is they barely do anything. They are such a tiny upgrade, and shit gold when you die. If you bring a 100 hp pot and drink it before dying, that gave you an advantage you didnt drop. when you kill a max 125 horse it doesnt drop a receipt, its gone. Trinkets arent any different than things already in the game.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021

Reworking the feature shouldn't be a problem. Aknowledging these problematics and accepting it's really garbage content would not only restore my faith in the game (not that it matters) but would be a tremendous precedent of responsable development.

The content written in stone" type of development did not work on the previous version and they did revert some features because they were handed in really bad shape.

But yeah that was a terrible problem with the previous game, shit was comming out of the oven half baked and they didn't try to re-cook.
And when you pile up a bunch of isolated pieces of themepark mechanics you get an environment thats just an empty shell which is exacly what happens now, while instead of adding dumb content that defeats the full loot concept of the game they should re-evaluate and deliver a non placeholder features, round up or finish the content, in a meaningfull way, all in.

If they had any corporate vision they would stop introducing any more content and re-design everything that already exists to be honest. They are not getting away with this shitty content and the population won't lie.

Maybe i'm too obsessive but its really bad they can't develop the game under one" concept. It's just not understanding how anything they made operates.
Sometimes i even think what they did was a random byproduct of circunstances, because i can't understand how the same people that "almost hit the nail" are now failing so miserably at it, again.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Being able to get a rare trinket from mobs spices up PVE. Vs crafting is just click craft like every other item, adding nothing. Crafting trinkets is just another skill people cant fit in their 1 shitty character slot.

Also what I dont get with peoples trinket salt, is they barely do anything. They are such a tiny upgrade, and shit gold when you die. If you bring a 100 hp pot and drink it before dying, that gave you an advantage you didnt drop. when you kill a max 125 horse it doesnt drop a receipt, its gone. Trinkets arent any different than things already in the game.

Wrong, theres really good trinckets that end up boosting gameplay considerably, while shitty ones don't do anything. And if You think about how you can get high tier trinckets you would come to the conclussion that it ends up being a very conditioned feature directed to a very specific gameplay, zergs. While i consider if new things introduces in the game should be in a proper way.

Trinckets should be ment for all players to access in a real and wide spectrum of activities, the more complex and involving the better. Why not make it crafteable, the whole game works around that, people complain about the economy, crafting is one of the ways to make the stagnant economy to be elsewhere.
The hidden recipes, books to learn types of trinckets, rare materials to get, experiment, etc.

Idk wtf you saying tho, trinckets are bound while horses die and potions are used or dropped, you said it yourself what is it you don't understand about it.

The fact they made this trinckets is the ultimate expression of lazyness and careless development. I don't understand how people think these placeholder features make any sense while if implemented in a way that reinforces the full loot concept would be way more rewarding than it is now.

Theres no criteria here, not going in one direction, everything is clearly pointing out that lack of design. Making ítems that don't drop on death and alter your skill points and stats is idiotic, no other way to put it.

Last edited:

Serverus

May 28, 2020
Moh’ki
Or change the name and image of them. Trinkets are physical items which means when you die they should remain where you died by the law of physics. Same with spell book and starter sword/torch/etc.

Suggestion is change the name to soul stones which would be more magical and can replace trinkets. Also spell book to spell knowledge so when you die you don’t lose it and just get rid of starter sword and torch entirely.

@Henrik Nyström

KebekLorde

Jan 27, 2022
I think you think of trinkets wrong. They are supposed to allow us to expand our builds with more primary/profession points or to expand on attributes. That's why they're soulbound, because dropping them would mean that they're unreliable which results in not beiing worth to update your build for them. And if they were craftable they would become mandatory for everyone since every time you'd die you'd have to replace mandatory part of your build to continue to function.

They might as well be consumable potions that revert their effects on death for which you also need to buy refils for set amount from vendors to recover the effects. The form of beiing equipable trinkets is just one of the ways they could have gone about the desired effect on gameplay, yours idea would just lead to them beiing ignored with the current rules we have for them.

I'm not against the idea but only once jewelcrafting is in the game, currently it would render the trinkets mechanic poinltess.

Reactions: Jatix

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Wrong, theres really good trinckets that end up boosting gameplay considerably, while shitty ones don't do anything. And if You think about how you can get high tier trinckets you would come to the conclussion that it ends up being a very conditioned feature directed to a very specific gameplay, zergs. While i consider if new things introduces in the game should be in a proper way.

Idk wtf you saying tho, trinckets are bound while horses die and potions are used or dropped, you said it yourself what is it you don't understand about it.
Everything in an open pvp game promotes zerging. There's not really anything I can think of that doesnt. In the end its still risk v reward, the risk being the large gold cost to charge the trinket and the reward is the stats it gives. Which in my opinion are never good enough to justify the insane gold cost high tier ones have. Yes a mega zerger shouldnt die often but if they do thats a lot of gold lost. and this is MO, they could die from their game crashing or getting flame striked from a mile away by soem exploiter lmao.

My point was that theres a lot of things that give an advantage that dont drop. So trinkets arent that different.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I think you think of trinkets wrong. They are supposed to allow us to expand our builds with more primary/profession points or to expand on attributes. That's why they're soulbound, because dropping them would mean that they're unreliable which results in not beiing worth to update your build for them. And if they were craftable they would become mandatory for everyone since every time you'd die you'd have to replace mandatory part of your build to continue to function.

They might as well be consumable potions that revert their effects on death for which you also need to buy refils for set amount from vendors to recover the effects. The form of beiing equipable trinkets is just one of the ways they could have gone about the desired effect on gameplay, yours idea would just lead to them beiing ignored with the current rules we have for them.

I'm not against the idea but only once jewelcrafting is in the game, currently it would render the trinkets mechanic poinltess.

NO OFFENSE, but my PoV is you are spoiled by trinkets. That's why trinkets are bad. It wouldn't become mandatory, that's nonsense.

Jewelry was supposed to be in the game since forever. The way they put it, they made it sound like it'd take intelligence, but it's just drops. I am dying for something to focus on. I hate all this grab garbo... but I mean if I could I would be churning out low-mid tier trinkets as my profession, assuming it was profitable. It'd be different. I mean, alchemy is a huge advantage, but not everyone is speccing alchemist afaik.

And yea fuck trinkets, then, if they are rendered useless, just make them blingz w/ bonuses.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
What about spellboks? those need to drop on death to, its bad game design wtf.

There didn't used to be spellbooks like they are now.

It'd be nice, yea, to keep it 100, but now that they are hard hating on people's acquisition of spells/books/newschools... it's like heh.

CLEARLY SV wants people to grind for soul bound items.