Flux farm “non exploit”?

Ichorous

May 28, 2020
this removes any competition, its more profitable (multiplicably more) to cooperate in the group farm than to farm it for yourself. this is more or less the antithesis of MO. that is to mean, if you were to chase off the others and try to control the spawn locations yourself (or with a guild), you will actually gain less than if you were to simply join in the farm (plus you dont gain anything from the banishment)
Every workbench in the world becomes more valuable from using it cooperatively. That doesn't stop players from excluding others' access to the blast furnace or the greater natorus. Maybe I'm not understanding the mechanic fully, but it would seem like controlling access to a spirit boss would make the loot more valuable because the loot would be more scarce.

if sv were to add any more spriitist drops, they would have to somehow account for this mechanic which is not really possible since the more people you have, the more that drops. maintaining a desired drop rate cant be done with the current logic
-barcode
Are spiritism encounters meant to provide highly valuable loot? I thought these are low risk encounters.

Ichorous

May 28, 2020
I'm saying it should be tied to a 'drop,' I've not done spiritism so I dunno how doods get their boxes and all, so I will have to say I'm ignorant if people just go into spirit world and obtain massive gains. I thought it was handed out in some manner.

The lootbag in the example was simply a boss drops something (in a game like MO,) when you start giving loot, and not just like consolation prize loot, to everyone involved, you've broken the system, basically.
I suspect this is the root of the problem. Since ghosts can't loot, the game has to put the loot straight into the players' inventory. In order to limit the loot, there would need to be a loot distribution logic. The programmers would need to decide which player(s) from an encounter are deserving of the loot. There are plenty of "fair" ways for the game to distribute the loot (i.e. first attacker, killing blow, most damage dealt, straight random, or everybody involved gets a copy of the loot). Do you think there is consensus about which of these is the ideal method for MO?

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
Every workbench in the world becomes more valuable from using it cooperatively. That doesn't stop players from excluding others' access to the blast furnace or the greater natorus. Maybe I'm not understanding the mechanic fully, but it would seem like controlling access to a spirit boss would make the loot more valuable because the loot would be more scarce.
workbenches do not become more valuable when more people use them. you put in x amount of mats, you get y product every time. if you kill people using the appliances, you get to loot their materials/items. for spirit farming, you from with 1 person you get x percent chance for y drops. farm with 20 and *everyone* gets x+ percent chance for y+ drops. everything scales up for everyone, and more people just increases it higher, making it actually in your best interest to have *more* people farming since everyone gets more

Are spiritism encounters meant to provide highly valuable loot? I thought these are low risk encounters.
low risk perhaps but not zero risk. well i suppose you drop your spirit box if you get banished but in this case that seems like a pretty weak loss compared to the gains. and again if SV wants to make fluxes cost less, then give a better drop rate, dont just leave bugs in because some people took advantage of their negligence.

-barcode

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
How could i blame the retarded community for exploiting, It's not your fault. Im just simply pointing out you come braggin now that everything is been said otherwise you would be silently exploiting like the simpleton you are Lol.

I have 5 accounts including a spiritist and i can go farm that shit aswell, but i can still see and aknowledge It's broken and unfair.

You are responsable to report bugs and not exploit them thats the ruleset. But precisely this ain't considered an exploit, just "unintended". So you are free of guilt but that wont change the fact you are one of those idiots 🤣

And people call me toxic go figure 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Welp ur a fkin monkey bc in my first statement I stated it was an exploit.

Ichorous

May 28, 2020
if you kill people using the appliances, you get to loot their materials/items. for spirit farming, you from with 1 person you get x percent chance for y drops. farm with 20 and *everyone* gets x+ percent chance for y+ drops. everything scales up for everyone, and more people just increases it higher, making it actually in your best interest to have *more* people farming since everyone gets more

It sounds like you're saying that having more people participate in the encounter also improves each individual participant's loot. Is that right? I thought it was just the boss's normal loot table multiplied by the number of participants.

zers

Aug 4, 2021
Very sad to see guilds like koto, mana, artisans, nameless be there for 24 hours for 1 month and 13 days now. Those guilds that were said to be the good guys are abusing the exploit in numbers I did not think existed anymore. I'm talking 20-30+ around the clock.

Philthie

Sep 13, 2020
Its ok don't worry games fine. Peak players are up again after everyone bought another character slot during the sale!

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I suspect this is the root of the problem. Since ghosts can't loot, the game has to put the loot straight into the players' inventory. In order to limit the loot, there would need to be a loot distribution logic. The programmers would need to decide which player(s) from an encounter are deserving of the loot. There are plenty of "fair" ways for the game to distribute the loot (i.e. first attacker, killing blow, most damage dealt, straight random, or everybody involved gets a copy of the loot). Do you think there is consensus about which of these is the ideal method for MO?

No doubt, but I mean MMOs (tho I haven't played many tbh) have been dealing w/ this for a long time. They just need junk loot. Like I said, IF it's like that, it should be a love and trust sort of farm where it drops x amount of loot, maybe some is trash, and maybe a decent amount of flux. I literally know 0 about flux farming, lol I'm just talking about FIXING THE GAME. But it needs to be to the point where someone could get flux or w/e and not tell. It needs to be something so that AT LEAST there is a perfect number to farm with and not just up up up. I don't think it'd be wrong if the farm stuff was 5~ people and it dropped like one of each flux each time or something between anyone who tagged it. Plus what about grief? Like someone else mentioned, it's anti-competitive, anti-MO, someone stealing loot off your spirit isn't really stealing it because it's all generated. But yea that's what I was saying the "mechanic" of a loot bag (cuz I mean they could create an imaginary loot bag, add in junk loot, and then just randomize it.)

No issue w/ flux farm or flux costing 1k or w/e (if it ever does again,) but they just need to stop this shit.

And at good guys. NAH the good guys are the people who just kick it and follow their pure hearts! PvE/PvP people will go for the best gains, walls proved this. That they are prol richer to start w/ more spec'd spiritists was likely an issue. But the first time they got the loot and realized something was wrong, they should have stopped IMO. Everyone says WELL HOW WE SUPPOSED TO FARM FLUX, as if there haven't been other similar 'how we supposed to' situations. Just farm it like a normal person w 3-5 people or whatever you think SV intended. If you are like HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE you should be banned!! :/

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
It sounds like you're saying that having more people participate in the encounter also improves each individual participant's loot. Is that right? I thought it was just the boss's normal loot table multiplied by the number of participants.
that is my current understanding of it, yes

-barcode