Fix Magery after 6 months of doing NOTHING ffs

Apr 25, 2022
This is getting utterly ridiculous.

IN THE FUCKING LEAST FIX THE ADDITIONAL 0.5 SEC WTF ANIMATION "BEFORE ONE CASTS ANY SPELL" FFS - HOW CAN ONE FUCK UP SOMETHING AS SIMPLE AND BE INCAPABLE OF FIXING THIS SIMPLE THING HALF A YEAR !?!??!?!?!?!?!?

MAGERY - Why can every single class actually farm efficiently - while being a mage means to play an obese old oghmir, which cant defend himself unlike a meele or archer? We are obivously missing necromancy and elementalist spells for this to make any sense !
1.) There are no area of effect abilites, (earthquake ROFL) no necromancy, no elementalist spells. This game was not made to be played only with ECUNEMICAL & SPIRIST spells...
2.) Additional ~0.5s casting delay/ANIMATION - between clicking the spell and actually starting to cast it. Every single spell has an additional 0.5s cast time because of this hand-switching animation. Hasnt been fixed since November.
3.) When casting spells - about 20% of the time the spellcast simple stops before its done casting. This is happening on the ground aswell as on the mount! Hasnt been fixed since November.
4.) Mana regeneration is based on your total mana pool. Forcing every mage to play an old obese oghmir/human/elf. What is it with mages having to be old obese, disgusting gremlin lookalikes in this game? Seriously now fix that asap.
5.) Mental Focus 0-50% less Mana Cost. A mage right now can BARELY defeat a SINGLE PLAYER which could be using pots, bandages, healing spells, oghmir pipes etc. in the fight without going completely oom. Make Mental Focus give 0-100%. This would balance any fight with mages completely out and increase their viability from being a support class to actually a force on the battlefield.
6.) Psyche as resist. You cast flamestrike 45 mana cost to deal 24 damage in the head because it was resisted. Remove psyche completely this is just a troll against mages. 40 is enough to have decent resistance against magery and that completely negates that. 2 mana per 1 damage dealt when a spell like flamestrike costs 45 mana... wtf

Reactions: Rahz and CrgHck

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Yeah after 1500 hours on mellee i switched to a mage and i'm beginning to see it. I didn't even realize that 1.12 seconds cast actually means 1.62 seconds, every fifth spell fizzles for no reason at all, strength affects blocking so much that parrying anything but a sword hits like a truck, -13% mellee damage feels like -40% COMEOOOOON. I'm not sure i can endure it for 1500 hours too.

Reactions: CrgHck and Jatix

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Yeah after 1500 hours on mellee i switched to a mage and i'm beginning to see it. I didn't even realize that 1.12 seconds cast actually means 1.62 seconds, every fifth spell fizzles for no reason at all, strength affects blocking so much that parrying anything but a sword hits like a truck, -13% mellee damage feels like -40% COMEOOOOON. I'm not sure i can endure it for 1500 hours too.
the fizzle is bug caused by the server thinking that you are still moving when you are not.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
sadly when it comes to mmos all you can do is just play the most OP class then switch whenever it changes. Waiting for devs to balance a game is like gl lol

rgarrett

Apr 23, 2022
just play a 2hander dude and be as tall as u can and u are faster stronger and better then everyone

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
When you play a mage with about 150 ping you also get this super annoying mechanic where, if you dont hold your crosshair on the target for a full second, the spell will fizzle. Even if the target is standing still AND your crosshair is on them, it still misses. Ive tried this many times.

If you point on the target and release the spell too fast it just misses. Only way to avoid this is to hold the reticule on the target for almost a second. Thats the inly way to guarantee that it will land.

This is extremely frustrating when trying to heal people that keep moving around and zig zagging. However its pretty much a constant “feature” if your ping isnt super low.

Ping normalization is a farce.

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae