Feedback on Instanced Myrlands:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
It's like that scene in dumb and dumber where dude trades the van for a scooter, "Just when I think you can't get any dumber! You go and do something like this........ and TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!!"

And the funny part is, this IS redemption. Let me explain why. TC is for tryhards. haha. I'm sorry, but it just is. Obviously, the Myrland world needs more "STUFF" in it in the absence of TC, but the free-flowing OPEN PVP idea of the game is ruined by crap siege mechanics and dudes fighting over giant wallboxes, I M O !

As such, the one world was a good idea, and it sucks it didn't work out. However, this could not be more of a dream for me, if it actually WORKS (which is why I'm not TOO excited.)

However, I'd like to see some flavor in these instanced myrlands! They could even be used as test environments/proofs for some of the ideas we have suggested. If they are set on leaving rep system it is (and won't just REMOVE), maybe they could boost it by setting people's rep quite high and setting parcel quest rewards quite high in one. They could also set skill gain higher in one of these instances.

I want to say IF they make it so that pvp is working, have good content in the game, and leave at least one Myrland that will never get shitted up with TC, I will definitely play! I would love to see them try out a parry fix (find the right amount of chip dmg where pressure and skill blocks = good fights for players of all pings), pets following via leash (disappearing/reapparing) so they never are lost, etc etc... then let all of the people who would exploit anything so they can hold GK keep stay on the 'main' instance. Oh, it is beautiful!

Obviously, gonna need to see this working, but I am in for that. I wouldn't have been before I realized it was basically impossible to house all those people in one Myrland. The fact that they have added the seemingly 'nerfed' stipulation of no building in them is epic luls for me, cuz TC, when implemented, will probably ruin MO2, too!

But yes, I encourage servers w/ different 'rules', and I encourage a raw test server instance that you cannot take mats to-and-from so that they can have a sandbox (used in the other sense) to test balance changes and get the game right. Give us so-many playgrounds.

SV U MITE BE ABLE TO DO IT. STAY STRONG MORTAL DEVS.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
This isnt going to happen, but they need to Shrink Myrland. They made myrland 4x as big, so that it could hold way more players. It cant hold way more players, due to servers stuff. So Myrland needs to get shrunk. The massive size just makes travel and stuff take way more time. When theres more continents and they all make MO1 Sard look like a joke in size, game is going to be an empty travel simulator.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
This isnt going to happen, but they need to Shrink Myrland. They made myrland 4x as big, so that it could hold way more players. It cant hold way more players, due to servers stuff. So Myrland needs to get shrunk. The massive size just makes travel and stuff take way more time. When theres more continents and they all make MO1 Sard look like a joke in size, game is going to be an empty travel simulator.

yea goin back to old momap size was something I also would have suggested in this OP, if I thought it was all possible. I'm still actually happier than I thought I could be. Being able to play + no TC... I don't need much more than that. Do need more mobs, though. Maybe some static camps here and there. Like I said, it could allow them to 'test' how to get real Myrland right, too. But I'm cool with staying away from TC Myrland because that stuff is already FUBAR imo. I hope they keep at least one TC free Myrland instance even once they get everything else working.

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020
Absolutely not. Thats a solution only to make it feel like the world is populated. It only takes 30m to travel from one side to another. The bigger world also allows for more content to be added that doesn't have to be a cave that goes under the world mesh. At 1.2 -1.8k population you would still run into people anywhere in the game

Last edited:

Cyrotek

Feb 1, 2022
The instances are literaly just a temporary measure. I don't understand why the imagination of some people runs wild after hearing about it.

Absolutely not. Thats a solution only to make it feel like the world is populated. It only takes 30m to travel from one side to another. The bigger world also allows for more content to be added that doesn't have to be a cave that goes under the world mesh. At 1.2 -1.8k population you would still run into people anywhere in the game

I ran on foot through the world from north to south. 90% of the time walking I haven't seen a single soul. There is a huge amount of nothingness going on.

One of the reasons is not necessarily the size, but the fact that there isn't all that much to do that you can't do near cities anyways. And if you decide to travel farther away to do something you'd just risk having a LOOOOOOOONG walk because of how (seemingly) few priests there are outside of cities.

Last edited:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
The instances are literaly just a temporary measure. I don't understand why the imagination of some people runs wild after hearing about it.

To quote "the Manflayer," define temporary? :) There is 0 reason why they shouldn't make the instances in some way different (more pvp w/e) than the main one. Explain me why, because they are temporary, that they should not? And we're talking months + prol @ temporary, assuming things go well, and, as I said, boldly, SV might change their PoV once they see some people actually prefer that way of living.

Cyrotek

Feb 1, 2022
To quote "the Manflayer," define temporary? :) There is 0 reason why they shouldn't make the instances in some way different (more pvp w/e) than the main one. Explain me why, because they are temporary, that they should not? And we're talking months + prol @ temporary, assuming things go well, and, as I said, boldly, SV might change their PoV once they see some people actually prefer that way of living.

Because those are not test servers. They are a literal productive environment and you don't do weird experiments in productive. Okay, SV hasn't gotten the memo considering the current situation, but, still.

Reactions: Maladore and Xunila

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Because those are not test servers. They are a literal productive environment and you don't do weird experiments in productive. Okay, SV hasn't gotten the memo considering the current situation, but, still.

Like I said, one could be, easy, and people would still play and test it. Make it so that you can't move mats in and out. Another could be with a altered rep system, not a huge enough change to justify calling it a test server.

How long do you envision this temporary solution will need to remain in place?

There needs to be some appeal to these servers. Having a 'more pvp' server isn't gonna break the game, if anything, it'll make it more interesting. Having a pure test server that they can work on balancing will give people something to do when they are burnt out on queue-ing or whatever else they are doing in the world. Thus giving SV REAL WORLD data with REAL, SKILLED players on how to make the game work with such ping differences. Not just some dodgy team of whatever happens when they put things on 'the test server.' People actually enjoy testing new things believe it or not lol.

There is a way to make this, which most people see as a bad situation, into a salvage-able at least, and possibly good situation, exact copying myrland multiple times without building is probably the worst thing they could do. But hey, if that's what they do, that's what they do. Will have to shake my head, but I'm not seeing the argument against using this time to create more 'fun' servers that aren't game breaking (more hardcore, pvp friendly servers), or a test server w/ x100 skill gain that they could throw up balance patches on to have people test before putting them live on the main servers. Shoot, they could even have a server that was LESS pvp friendly if they think people want to just play around, RP, whatever.

We're not talking about re-inventing the wheel, we're talking about patches as simple as "give rep for killing zombies" or "buff parcel rep gain x10," etc. Sure, people could come in to those servers and blood bath it and take their mats back to mainland, but oh well... would still generate fun. Those guys would be fighting each other under the same rules. The only thing would be that you'd have to separate the reps of each continent so you couldn't just go there and boost your rep then go back and slaughter everyone on mainland.

In the end, what do we get? A better main game. Assuming everyone comes together, we have all these shards to test stuff, but with minor enough changes that it doesn't feel like a test server. Let people pick and choose, do they want more pve, do they want more pvp, do they want to test balance patches before they come out? It makes sense, to me, especially because these changes can be made with almost no coding. But, yea, SV go ahead and make exact copies of Myrland if you want. haha. Sounds EPIC.

Magmatex

Jul 26, 2020
no thanks on instanced myrlands? lol, already happening. No thanks of them being not the exact copy? OK. Fair enough, your opinion is heard.
Edited to clear your questions. Sounds like you want to play Rust on servers that dont wipe

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Edited to clear your questions. Sounds like you want to play Rust on servers that dont wipe

No idea, never played rust, never seemed interesting haha. I just think a bit more pvp would spice up the TC-less world. I'm not even a hard pvper - shrug -, I just understand what it brings to the game. But ye, peace.

Hooves

Nov 30, 2020
What game are you playing? Because there’s no way it’s MO2. Im going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you’re still in Haven. The Myrland map is barren and needless large. It’s worse than Sarducca in MO1.

You crossed the map in 30 mins? Walking from Bakti to the nearest horse spawn takes longer than that. It’s utter tedium and feels like someone generated generic terrain on UE4 and forgot to add anything.

Jhackman

Jun 6, 2020
Put in TC so people can move out of towns, optimize the server to be able to handle more people, add a NA continent worthy of being the NA continent and forget these extra servers ever happened imo..

KING BOFIS

Jan 24, 2022
What game are you playing? Because there’s no way it’s MO2. Im going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you’re still in Haven. The Myrland map is barren and needless large. It’s worse than Sarducca in MO1.

You crossed the map in 30 mins? Walking from Bakti to the nearest horse spawn takes longer than that. It’s utter tedium and feels like someone generated generic terrain on UE4 and forgot to add anything.
lol i think what they did was just import the exact MO1 map and x4 size it. most of this game seems like lazy imports... they didnt even change the book descriptions to at least make it appear as if something else went into this game...

Reactions: Hooves

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020

There does not need to be a animal spawn every hundred feet in a game. And for the travel time maybe I underestimated, 45m is more accurate and I am not talking about walking. Ridiculous to try and walk across the map. The bakti area is a bit bland but it's also covered in tree so you can't make out farther details but still looks pretty cool. Our opinions are just different.

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020
lol i think what they did was just import the exact MO1 map and x4 size it. most of this game seems like lazy imports... they didnt even change the book descriptions to at least make it appear as if something else went into this game...
It looks like that from the naked eye for sure. But it's definitely different from the first one not just 4x enlarged. And the book description did not need to be changed. They tell you (some of them) what they do weather it's in the first game or this one so mine as well save time and copy past that text

Calcal

Dec 11, 2021
On the other hand the vastness of the world makes travel feel like travel. I’ve never been to the Far East of the map. That’s something to look forward too, actual travel.

Get a horse and explore it’s not at all what you’re describing.

Reactions: Amadman and Ulysses