i have:
amd risen 5 3600
rtx 2060
32gb ram
ssd m2
monitor 3440*1440 ultawide xiaomi 32"
win 10
directX12

1. I trying all properties, and really low too, nothing happened, fps low props = fps epic props.
2. i reinstalled and updated drivers nvidia
3. All other games (TESO, Diablo2R, COD and other) don't have this problem and work in ultra
4. I have this bug from relise
5. maximum fps what i have - 80

link into bug video -

low props like this have fps = fps epic props

photo_2022-01-31_13-29-07.jpg

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
It happens sometimes on my PC too, whenever I first enter an area there are some places that will drop my fps down to the 20s, but in subsequent visits the fps goes back to normal.

Could be optimisation issues or client-side cache trying to play catch-up.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
we had one with the same problem, now here comes the unbelievable part. swap the mouse use a other mouse. It seriously worked for him we all had no clue. All updates, reinstalls and 20 million things later we discovered that the mouse movement is the problem as long as you move the mouse your gpu usage goes nearly to 100% but if you stop moving its nearly at 0. Noone knows why but swap mouse. after swap everything fine I guess its some driver problem with the mouse you have.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Alocrin

Jan 29, 2022
The land of Eh?
we had one with the same problem, now here comes the unbelievable part. swap the mouse use a other mouse. It seriously worked for him we all had no clue. All updates, reinstalls and 20 million things later we discovered that the mouse movement is the problem as long as you move the mouse your gpu usage goes nearly to 100% but if you stop moving its nearly at 0. Noone knows why but swap mouse. after swap everything fine I guess its some driver problem with the mouse you have.
I don't want to give up my AW mouse :(

The_Riddick

Jul 25, 2021
I had this exact issue at launch and couldn't figure it out except I knew it was when I moved my mouse around. I eventually reinstalled my OS and messed with some things and it went away, not sure if patch solved it or I did something.

The real kicker however in my situation is I was running under Linux (ARCH); I decided to reinstall arch because it had some other things broken so thought a fresh start would be worth it.

Hopefully problem doesn't return; originally I suspected a issue with my mouses wireless receiver but I tested another mouse and same issue, didn't get a chance to test a wired mouse as the problem resolved itself in end.

Jan 28, 2022
You are playing at a very high resolution, AND scaling it up too. Your graphics card is running out of memory, 2060rtx can't really handle more than full HD resolution smoothly. TESO is a very old game, with old graphics, and can't really compare to D2R either, different games - different gpu/cpu usage.

EDIT: I also have a 2060rtx, so I know the gpu and what it can do.

EDIT2: You have to at least drop your resolution scaling to 100, and maybe use a lower resolution, does not matter if that's the native reso of your monitor - using that resolution uses MUCH more memory than full hd. Lowering FOV might help a bit too.

Reactions: Solaris

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Dont run the game at low settings. it will offload GPU usage onto your CPU, which will just make the problem worse. Rather use DLSS if you cant meet FPS on medium to high settings. Especially since you got a Nvidia gpu.

The_Riddick

Jul 25, 2021
If he can stand still and move with keyboard fine, and using the mouse is whats causing the bug. Then its not graphics card issue.

Camarro DaMortas

Jan 1, 2022
Norfolk, UK
If you stay in the same area for 5 or 10 minutes, does the problem get better or stay the same? The reason for the question is that I believe a lot of stutters and fps drop are loading lag, and after a while the client will cache the data. If it improves over time it may be a caching issue. If not, try one of the mouse fixes mentioned above.

velfurer

Jan 31, 2022
Md7NlNc.png

Alocrin

Jan 29, 2022
The land of Eh?
It's definitely an optimization issue. Hopefully the devs take notice. I have an i9/ rtx3090/32gb ram ddr6/ PCIe 4 SSD and I get 20fps drops while moving and that doesn't happen in any other game.

I am getting over 120 fps tho so it's not too noticeable. But sometimes the game hangs all together

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
I don't want to give up my AW mouse :(
So, @Speznat , if you switch your mouse and then switch back, does the problem seem to come back?

Reactions: Solaris