Domination difficulty of some creatures

Khenjin

Apr 20, 2023
The difficulty in domination of some creatures, in particular the tagmaton seem severely overtuned to be quite difficult.
Even with a tagmaton under level 30 with 100 domination and 100 in the lores of the creature it still takes a large amount of attempts to dominate it...
Now lets talk about any tagmaton over 30, virtually impossible and a large large portion of tagmatons spawn over level 30 making any attempt to go out and dominate this creature immensely frustrating because you either have to hope you find one low level or suffer over 40 minutes of trying to dominate one only for a Mounted archer to ride by and kill it and or try kill the player.

These creatures are hard enough to transport anywhere besides vadda or bakti and the difficulty of trying to dominate them just makes me personally not want to play my dominator at the moment... Not to mention you need mounted magery (which i invested almost 140 points to be able to dominate tagmatons myself with only 70 riding and mounted magery) if you want to make it a quick effort to get it into mercy mode.

tldr: too much effort and difficulty to dominate and transport tagmatons also with a some skill point investment to do it solo.

suggestion: simply turn the difficulty down slightly on domination with some creatures but in particular tagmatons. (not a major decrease but it shouldn't take 40 minutes or more before finally dominating the creature)

Reactions: DarkWizz and Jybwee

Jybwee

May 28, 2020
I'd also like to see the "inspect" skill come back. So we can quickly and easily see a creatures level before taming it. Made life so much better

Weis

Jun 1, 2022
I brought this up during a stream and Henrik said that this is intentional and that its not supposed to be easy to get high level and elite pets like campodons. Although it would be nice to be able to tame and dominate pets that say "low chance to tame" in less than 45 minutes. Maybe have some amulets increase taming chance?

Reactions: Jybwee

Khenjin

Apr 20, 2023
i dont really mind if it gives me a sorta low level tagmaton with a decent chance to dom, but a level 40 taking 40 mins+?????

Khenjin

Apr 20, 2023
for example i just dommed a tag and it was level 3, still said low chance of dominating while trying...