Disable tamed pets because overpowered and unfair

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
People that spend 5g on a horse a bow with a few 100 points invested complaining about people that invest 600 points, 300g on books, 200g on a terror bird, and 4-8 hours training it, just so 80% of the time it gets two shotted or dies to a bug. If you've ever put the time and effort into getting, and training a terror bird then you'd know it's not OP. Can it sometimes wreck unprepared solo players? Yeah. But us tamers are risking so much more than you are. If we lose our terror birds it's a huge loss. If you lose your crappite bow and horse and bone tissue armor who cares

You dont even need to invest 100 points in it to kill a pet. You can do it with less than 50. You dont even need mounted archery or even archery, just have an oghmir with 120+ strength and a stupid asym bow.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Piet

May 28, 2020
Cc 100, adv cc 100, animal training 100, taming 100, actually forgot the name of the other two
You need something like 87 cc and that's it for a 125 of one of the strongest animals. Don't need acc, don't need training, don't need taming. Any build can sacrifice the roughly 87 points for the 66 pp for the 125 animal.

Piet

May 28, 2020
Also wtf you made me agree with Tzone. why tf you do that to me bro.

• Haha
Reactions: Jatix

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
You need something like 87 cc and that's it for a 125 of one of the strongest animals. Don't need acc, don't need training, don't need taming. Any build can sacrifice the roughly 87 points for the 66 pp for the 125 animal.
This design is just stupid. MO1 you couldn't even have a half decent pet without adv cc. And if you didnt have beast mastery its damage sucked. Not sure why they copy pasted mo1 over for 90% of the game but then make the pet system even more aids.

Reactions: Piet

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021

Maybe like a level 125 pig, certainly not a level 125 bear. And without herding, etc, you can't have a horse. And without a horse you're basically dead anyways

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Maybe like a level 125 pig, certainly not a level 125 bear. And without herding, etc, you can't have a horse. And without a horse you're basically dead anyways
You have enough pets for heard so its not a issue. Also you dont need at as most of the time you are going to be a foot fighting the pet build is op. And the terror bird mounted build is just game breaking op.

oneforone

Jun 9, 2022
If something is universally too good to not use on your char, it's meta and should be nerfed. Pets have always been meta since MO1 and have only gotten stronger with being able to attack directionally. You can literally use a pet on any build, it's dumb.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Honestly it feels like some guys just always have to compare apples with oranges.
Ohhhh the terrorbird just wrecked me and i couldnt do shit. Theyyy areee soooo ooopp!
Those are always the people that gank with low risk/flakestone weapons/ incisium armor.
Terrorbird is an endgame pet. its not gonna get any stronger from there in therms of speed/dmg. So how the fuck do you expect to kill it without not at least Steelweapons and Pansar or higher grade heavy armor. Why sould YOU be able to kill my hardest to get Pet with your crap weapons!!
I have seen thursars just delete Terrorbirds without any blocking because they now they will do a 130 dmg with their big ass swords.(btw. i hope that you all got AVES + Neognathae LORE otherwhise its your own fault for losing, because it gives extra 40%!! dmg) and then they only need to kill an idiot who wasted 500 prims.
Did we state that Pets cannot dismount anyone? so aslong as you keep yourself on horse you are immune to pets.

Just circle around the bird so that no one can hit you without hitting the bird. Do 4 hits. and be done. The bird maybe did altogether 60 dmg to you. Thursar auto reg is gonna deal with that easily. TUNGSTEEL WEAPON OP. NO NEED FOR BLOCK. OP. PATCH OUT OF GAME. You see how silly this looks, dont you?

Oh and mages just get countered by high hitpoint creatures because the armor penetrating magery does not help against something that only tanks with HP.
Its supposed to be a skill based game. You can still beat someone using steel weapons + pansar with flake weapon + inc armor. There are tons of other mmorpgs you can play where just farming the best gear means you get an I win button against everyone else.

The biggest issue IMO is that you just cant get away from one. Having any pet that can sticky down a player without ANYTHING they can do to counter it, is trash gameplay and just makes zerging easier.

Reactions: Jatix and Tzone

MO2RIP

Feb 9, 2022
Well I'm sure the new necro pets coming in September will be well balanced for both the push 1 button players and the skilled pvp crowd :rolleyes:

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
It's stronger than a bear.

Hunter Lizards are weaker than a bear.

And terror birds are pretty nasty but even they require more than 66pp for a level 125. And if you say a turtle then I know you're daft, because you arent going anywhere fast with that thing.

Weis

Jun 1, 2022
They also only require pressing one button (Pet Attack button) by the tamer which means even the worst player can beat the best player with no effort required.

If you're a beastmaster, you need to use the attack and follow button ad nauseum in any fight where there are horses involved. In ground fights with 2-5 enemies all you can do is hope to DPS the person with the weakest armor, but inevitibly youll lose the pet.

Not gonna address the other stuff since its already been covered but, I've lost over 50 birds and a hundred hours of gameplay to footfighters overheading my terror birds. Or a guy with good armor and a longbow landing 6 headshots. I once even Used a Fulmination, Flamestrike on a thusar while a 125 terror bird was smacking him and still lost the bird. Still Killed him though, but at what cost? A flake two handed sword, longbow and turtle armor? Cool thanks...

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
If you're a beastmaster, you need to use the attack and follow button ad nauseum in any fight where there are horses involved. In ground fights with 2-5 enemies all you can do is hope to DPS the person with the weakest armor, but inevitibly youll lose the pet.

Not gonna address the other stuff since its already been covered but, I've lost over 50 birds and a hundred hours of gameplay to footfighters overheading my terror birds. Or a guy with good armor and a longbow landing 6 headshots. I once even Used a Fulmination, Flamestrike on a thusar while a 125 terror bird was smacking him and still lost the bird. Still Killed him though, but at what cost? A flake two handed sword, longbow and turtle armor? Cool thanks...

This is why I deleted my tamer. The only viable pet is a terror bird, and even that is pretty meh.

This is due to the fact that the AI is bad, and the options for a tamer is at best, limited.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
This is why I deleted my tamer. The only viable pet is a terror bird, and even that is pretty meh.

This is due to the fact that the AI is bad, and the options for a tamer is at best, limited.

Yeah it's expensive to be a tamer for sure. Pets aren't even that great for PvE or PvP. Sometimes good in PvP, but only in 1v1 situations. And like the last player said when you kill someone you usually just get some crapite armor and bow that is worth like 1g.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
The tamed pets (not horses) that attack players e.g. bears, terror birds are far too overpowered and clunky, unfair to fight against. They also only require pressing one button (Pet Attack button) by the tamer which means even the worst player can beat the best player with no effort required. There is no way to counter pets because they are faster and stronger than you are by magnitudes, and quite literally can sprint forever and fight forever.

The beast master tamer role is not implemented properly (lacks skills, abilities, etc) so it should either be disabled or prioritised to being nerfed because its imbalanced. These pets are easily exploitable because a single player can use 7 terror birds at once in their equerry to kill anyone with zero chance of survival, the pets have broken animations and hit through walls while also moving through walls and ceilings as if they can levitate and no-clip through buildings and terrain with ease. Their melee attacks sometimes have zero animation, or hit you from 5+ meters away even though its not even moving towards you. The pets have aimbot so they will never miss their attacks and can't be dodged like a player can be quite easily, and they have no worries about friendly fire either. Thus the tamer can simply run around laughing in circles as you inevitably die.

This tamer gameplay is not fun on the tamer perspective nor is it fun to die to. Thank for reading
Sad but true, the history of mortal online.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Pets should get nerfed and made more disposable, less time consuming to train and with a radical change of glameplay, beast master type of thing with a versatile range of pet skills and utilities for pve. The AI and pet commands are one of the worst placeholder bullshit this game has.

Need to make better AI, this PVE copy-pasting from MO1 truly is really terrible.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Pets should get nerfed and made more disposable, less time consuming to train and with a radical change of glameplay, beast master type of thing with a versatile range of pet skills and utilities for pve. The AI and pet commands are one of the worst placeholder bullshit this game has.

Need to make better AI, this PVE copy-pasting from MO1 truly is really terrible.

Its not even a copy paste of MO1. In MO1 you had actual command options, AI would actually path near or into houses, AI would cross water and some AI even could attack in water.

D

Deleted member 44

Pets are broken and will dominate any foot 1v1 situation. If you cant see this, you're delusional. The only thing that can really counter them is a Veela that can run to water, however if the master has a terror bird, you lose.

zers

Aug 4, 2021
Pets are completely busted and requires no skill.

The most overpowered build requires the least skill. Completely balanced btw.