Deleting items while getting ganked

Paramboy

Feb 15, 2022
every time we approach to gank, people start deleting items from their inventory so we cant loot it.
Albion faced the same problem, they did this way, if the item is destroyed and the owner die within 5 minutes (this is a random number cuz i dont know the exact number), the items can still be looted from the body.
hope this make sense, its frustrating to go gank and loot nothing.

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
every time we approach to gank, people start deleting items from their inventory so we cant loot it.
Albion faced the same problem, they did this way, if the item is destroyed and the owner die within 5 minutes (this is a random number cuz i dont know the exact number), the items can still be looted from the body.
Eh Idk man maybe you should get better at tagging them faster or have a better ambush point? If they turn a corner and you have a line of people waiting for them on a path with arrows nocked they aren't deleting anything. Would you advocate for the same thing if someone jumped into a lake with their loot and no one in your group has swimming leveled up? What if they decide to jump off a cliff to deny you the loot?

Do we really need to take away their choice because you didn't gank them properly? At the bare minimum I would say they could increase the debuff timer for destroying loot from 10 seconds since last damaged to 20 or 30 seconds.

Edit: I also want to ask, How do you know they are deleting all their items and not just poor/leaving to farm when you encounter them?

POMEH

Jan 30, 2022
Russian
www.youtube.com
Imagine that murder whom place in prison tell: "Whats the problem? Why you put me in prison when I just killing people?" Madness. Killing people, ganking is evil and I suggest all MO2 community must battle with evil, must kill murders, bandits, gankers. I advice to do:

1) When such player (ganker) hit blue player then he will be struck by lightning from the sky, dealing 100 damage -its Gods punishment for evil.
2) Or When such player (ganker) hit blue player then he will teleport in prison for 1 hour.

Btw man who create evil (that ganker) must not get any benefits (profits) from looting but He must suffer losses. Evil cannot be rewarded. Evil must be stopped

• Haha
Reactions: Sgr

Paramboy

Feb 15, 2022
Eh Idk man maybe you should get better at tagging them faster or have a better ambush point? If they turn a corner and you have a line of people waiting for them on a path with arrows nocked they aren't deleting anything. Would you advocate for the same thing if someone jumped into a lake with their loot and no one in your group has swimming leveled up? What if they decide to jump off a cliff to deny you the loot?

Do we really need to take away their choice because you didn't gank them properly? At the bare minimum I would say they could increase the debuff timer for destroying loot from 10 seconds since last damaged to 20 or 30 seconds.

Edit: I also want to ask, How do you know they are deleting all their items and not just poor/leaving to farm when you encounter them?

I know becouse i was ganking and the dude was full armor, he start deleting the armor and the granum he was farming for like 20 minute,i killed it and was empty
when im ganking im risking too, i dont know if that guy is with other ppl, maybe guild member are near, im risking the same way too, right now they have an advantage that can deny me the loot, its just not fair
maybe adding 20 second on the timer when hit its not a bad thing istead of rewriting the system

Sgr

Feb 2, 2022
Imagine that murder whom place in prison tell: "Whats the problem? Why you put me in prison when I just killing people?" Madness. Killing people, ganking is evil and I suggest all MO2 community must battle with evil, must kill murders, bandits, gankers. I advice to do:

1) When such player (ganker) hit blue player then he will be struck by lightning from the sky, dealing 100 damage -its Gods punishment for evil.
2) Or When such player (ganker) hit blue player then he will teleport in prison for 1 hour.

Btw man who create evil (that ganker) must not get any benefits (profits) from looting but He must suffer losses. Evil cannot be rewarded. Evil must be stopped
Man you should join Id guild they have same rp and mayb even same medicine

Sgr

Feb 2, 2022
Good question

Use magic and bows ;)

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I think you should be able to delete stolen shit, too. lol. If you are tagged crim what does it matter if you have to hold an item for the duration? I guess it makes it so people can get their gear back, but when you loot dogshit it's like AHHH.

Maybe make it so that instead of deleting items they are thrown on the ground :D

Reactions: Camarro DaMortas

Willow

Feb 17, 2022

I think it's fair that players have control over their own items. If you have the right to kill and steal, they have the right to delete their items as they wish.

Ichorous

May 28, 2020
Deleting items is not supposed to be possible for several seconds after getting hit. If people found a way to delete items after getting hit, then isn't that just an exploit?

Reactions: 666

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
I think you should be able to delete stolen shit, too. lol. If you are tagged crim what does it matter if you have to hold an item for the duration? I guess it makes it so people can get their gear back, but when you loot dogshit it's like AHHH.

Maybe make it so that instead of deleting items they are thrown on the ground :D
This. Mo1 added the thing where you cant broke stolen loot, because tindrem was such a grief fest. MO2 shouldnt have this issue because you lose standing when you agro guards. So people cant just do stupid stuff and try to gank loot with no penalty.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Deleting items is not supposed to be possible for several seconds after getting hit. If people found a way to delete items after getting hit, then isn't that just an exploit?

He's saying, and I don't disagree... to see 'this shit is gonna go south so I'm gonna delete what I have of worth just so you can't have it' nya nya. Before you can hit em.

I think I've done it before, even. Not in 2 yet :p But it is def arguably exploits as is. I mean in BETA I was fighting some dude at JC and he turned the corner and had deleted some of the loot I knew he had cuz he took it from my friend lol. So I mean they fought, he got around the corner and he kited long enough to start deleting stuff.

Def griefy. I can't say 100% I wouldn't do it if I could lol but it's def griefy. Like if you had 500 gold on you and you turned the corner into some MAs would you be like welp gg or would you be like I can just drag this into the corner and it's gone. Takes some level of 'honor' to not, but then you get into the whole 'dey gonna take my shite' what is honor??? It's def not something that is 'hard' to do.

It's one of those things that's hard to find a solution for... people say to have the items stay on you for 5min in some 'fake space' but it seems like SV would have trouble w/ that.

Ichorous

May 28, 2020
He's saying, and I don't disagree... to see 'this shit is gonna go south so I'm gonna delete what I have of worth just so you can't have it' nya nya. Before you can hit em.

I think I've done it before, even. Not in 2 yet :p But it is def arguably exploits as is. I mean in BETA I was fighting some dude at JC and he turned the corner and had deleted some of the loot I knew he had cuz he took it from my friend lol. So I mean they fought, he got around the corner and he kited long enough to start deleting stuff.

Def griefy. I can't say 100% I wouldn't do it if I could lol but it's def griefy. Like if you had 500 gold on you and you turned the corner into some MAs would you be like welp gg or would you be like I can just drag this into the corner and it's gone. Takes some level of 'honor' to not, but then you get into the whole 'dey gonna take my shite' what is honor??? It's def not something that is 'hard' to do.

It's one of those things that's hard to find a solution for... people say to have the items stay on you for 5min in some 'fake space' but it seems like SV would have trouble w/ that.
I see. Obviously that's a situation that a computer program would never recognize. There would need to be some objective event that triggers the program to disable item deletion, and I can't think of anything other than getting hit. Maybe the solution is that there is no manually deleting any items ever. Instead, you can only drop them into a bag on the ground, and they disappear after a set period of time.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
It's quite simple and functional system. You can delete any items anytime anywhere UNLESS you receive damage. Wanna loot something? then damage them before they realize you want to loot them. Quite straightforward if you ask me.

The real shit problematic thats not being addressed by SV at all is that you can't put stolen items on a horse. Which could be understandable till certain degree, specially considering stole items time is shorter than the criminal status, which makes it a little more acceptable.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I see. Obviously that's a situation that a computer program would never recognize. There would need to be some objective event that triggers the program to disable item deletion, and I can't think of anything other than getting hit. Maybe the solution is that there is no manually deleting any items ever. Instead, you can only drop them into a bag on the ground, and they disappear after a set period of time.

yea dude said albion has a system where it remembers what you deleted and if you die w/ in 5 minutes or something it's still there, but I don't think SV has the capacity for that because whenever you'd sub a ticket before it'd be like STAY RIGHT WHERE YOU ARE. haha. But yea I agree w/ dropping shit, the only downside of that is lagging the world, but you can already drop loot en masse, do it all the time at the crafting table, so it's hard to see how it would matter.

D

Deleted member 44

I agree that this needs to be minutes and not seconds. Like Tzone said, combat banking needs to be gone too.

Additionally, blue loot needs to be able to be deleted and moved into bags. It's insane to me that I kill someone, get a MC/Standing loss but I have to fear looting him as it might make me overweight and die. Really ass backwards system in a "full loot PvP game".

Tzone

May 16, 2021
If you think gankers risk anything, please don't talk as you clearly don't know what you're saying.

But being as we both know that won't stop you, go off king, this should be fun.
why you keep saying gankers? Like why you keep making excuses for your poor decisions that costed you some bone tissue gear.