May 28, 2020
Scotland
www.mortalonlinemap.info
I'm worried about MO2 release for the following reasons :
  • Launching within the first month of New World release
  • Launching into early access with a box fee and subscription
  • Launching without any housing or guild keep end-game content
  • Launching with the server issues we saw in the last stress test battle
The wording of release doesn't matter. For an MMO, no more wipes is release. This will be the big one and I think MO2's amazing potential will be hurt

Slyy

May 28, 2020
Scotland
www.mortalonlinemap.info
New World won't last forever but it will keep a significant amount of MO's target audience busy for 2-3 months. By christmas a bunch of those players will be looking for something similar and new. Launching into early access with a box fee and subscription is almost unheard of and will not go down well - seems very aggressive which will mean people expect a lot of content which is not there yet. The big one for me however is launching without housing or guild keeps - people who would of got hooked and invested will not, and many of those new to MO will certainly get bored before their free month is up.

Finally, the server performance during the last stress test battle at Meduli simply was not acceptable for a full loot game. Unable to retrieve items or bank them etc, damage lagging behind then coming all at once, guards going crazy and constant server crashes with rollbacks which are causing dupes. Yeah everyone was in 1 place but release I expect will be very similar at the start.

There was a massive amount of eyes on MO2 the first stress test, same will happen October 26th. There won't be as much attention on the game for any future milestones, thats just how it goes and nothing personal to MO2.

Please delay release and give the game the extra 2months+ that it needs to be a massive success

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
Yeah I agree.
I mean more time will get better reviews when more stuff is polished and a little more content is ingame.
Than the press and the steam reviews and the overhaul opinion of the game would be better.

I hope that they delay it a lot longer. But on the other hand I want to play persistance too.

But I think delaying and fixing stuff is more healthy.
I hope they delay it even further.

Cddizzym

Aug 28, 2021
The wording of release doesn't matter. For an MMO, no more wipes is release. This will be the big one and I think MO2's amazing potential will be hurt

Agree 100%, I will not be that happy with current content as a full paid game and sub. Nothing to do on end game.

Krogar

Sep 4, 2021
I agree, ive been whining about this ever since henrik mentioned it will get released after persistance. Releasing housing in persistance carries way more risk to both the players and the reputation. We all know that new features tend to be buggy, sometimes even unusable. Release housing before persistance and let the playerbase test it out

Reactions: Fang and Speznat

Hogordin

Feb 13, 2021

Absolutely agree.
MO2 doesn't currently fulfill the minimum standards that are needed for a game to ask box+sub in 2021. Plain and simple.
I understand everything that Hen says about money, payrolls, investors etc but one horrific launch will be enough for "game over"!
Do not risk it!

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
@Slyy , I can't find anything to disagree with in your post, and very little to add:
  • Lots of folks seem to quit a game around the 60 day mark; anecdotally, it's true. That's a good time after the launch of another game in your niche to fish for them.

• Veterinary Skill isn't in, yet, and it's sort of foundational for Beast Masters, who'd have to be Mages to heal their Pets without it available-- only for some of them to wish later they weren't Mages-- as @Tzone pointed out.

• Of all the things that players looking to purchase the game will mind no matter what, I believe they will mind a delay until Christmas time least of all the alternatives.
    • Bonus? It's the time for Krampos Bucchus (if he's still remembered in Tindrem) and the Embers of Caerus Festival. Iif Star Vault could put something pertinent to that into Mortal Online 2 in time, it would help to make up for some amount of other content that still wasn't there, yet.
Laylah's W Sig by Rathius_X-Clacks-Overhead GNU Terry Pratchett.png

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
A in-the-middle resolution could be, hit persistence and delay sub, or give it a half EA price and full sub. That if you cant avoid persistent steam release.
I was gonna suggest this as well. Just make the game buy to play and charge a sub later down the road.

I'm not sure if that's an option for them, but its something to consider.

I do think the game should be buy to play with an optional sub (like BDO, ESO, etc) that unlocks crafting, larger bank/inventory space(cut current space in half) etc. Its proven that people are more willing to spend money if its their idea. And I honestly think it would make more money for SV overall since more people would play the game. But anyway this is kinda off topic of the thread, so apologies.

sta8hszont

Jul 13, 2020
I was gonna suggest this as well. Just make the game buy to play and charge a sub later down the road.

I'm not sure if that's an option for them, but its something to consider.

I do think the game should be buy to play with an optional sub (like BDO, ESO, etc) that unlocks crafting, larger bank/inventory space(cut current space in half) etc. Its proven that people are more willing to spend money if its their idea. And I honestly think it would make more money for SV overall since more people would play the game. But anyway this is kinda off topic of the thread, so apologies.

hmm. then we ll get cries for the game being pay2win and I dont want that to be added to the bad reviews. There must be another way. Lets be honest they dont have any more time to postpone it, or so I think. If so do release, do it with no sub till the game is stable and maybe have TC and Housing, optional for me, I d focus more in bugs and balance. Like one more step between beta and persistence, like no wipes but a period of grace with no subscription fees.

Reactions: Kuthara
Apr 11, 2021
Yeah as excited as I am for persistence I can't disagree with any of you. The pvp aspect only takes the game so far. I've talked to many of the new players during stress test that said they love the game but are hesitant to get it and play because they enjoy the pve stuff alot more and it seems like you can only do so much in that aspect. The hard truth is we need those casual players also to keep the game having a good pop and with what alot of them have seen during the stress test they think that this is really all the game has. It needs more to cater to them and keep them logging in without the constant crashes.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
I don't care about missing features and want to start end of October. The date had been published at several places. And, sorry, it really doesn't matter of players would start some month after persistence. In the long history of MO1 we had so many starting and leaving guilds . Some guilds had been ruling the world for one or two years before they went away, and other guilds came after them with new players and ruled again very large areas. MO2 will stay for many years and develop further and further. Just counting at the beginning is too short thinking.

Northern Rooster

Apr 7, 2021
Definitely agree. I think rushing persistence/release will cause problems for MO2 being relatively barebones.

With the way audiences react these days SV could be shooting themselves in the foot with bad publicity before some of the main features of the game are even in yet.

Reactions: Speznat
Status
Not open for further replies.