Default Keybindings prevent Players to get good in Combat !

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
I introduced at least 30 new players to the combat mechanics and everyone without exception told me, that the default settings prevented them to be able to compete in Combat and that the default Keybindings are very bad !

Walking on Strg is very bad. It is used to cancel an attack, but you can´t press spint at the same time !

Overhead on V in really bad !

It is not even possible to press v and right mouse to perform an overhead block ...

That make no sense.

Put Interact on F
Selfcast on R
Last Target on T
Overhead on Q
Walking on E

This way you can sprint while doing your attacks/moves !

You can press alt + right mouse and Q + right mouse to make an Overhead block or a mid Bock.
You can press alt + left mouse to do thrust attack and Q + left mouse to do an Overheadstrike.

This way you prevent getting imput errors.

I recommended that setting to a lot of new players, and all said that they can now do moves, that they could not do before, and that the default Keybindings are very bad. They prevented them to be succesfull in combat !

Last edited:

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
I always change mine and it is a hassle, but I would not like them to be set the way you are asking for them to be set either.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
First thing I do each new patch is rebind keybinds. I have Q/E for Thrust/Overhead. Q actually still functions as self-case while also being Thrust so that's nice, I haven't bound a self-cast key because of that.

I bumped the GUI interaction key up to ` and recast last spell on Tab.

P is paperdoll AKA character sheet again and [ is pet instead.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
or just suggest more potential to edit keybinds, not change the defaults.

I did that in 2 threads.

More Freedom in the keybinding Options have already be confirmed. That we will eb able to bind the different Blocking directions on different keys.