Decrease stamina cost and increase damage for melee weapons.

zers

Aug 4, 2021
As people get better and better the TTK for melee is steadily increasing. Everyone and their mother is able to parry with ease. For some reason SV also gave mages the opportunity to parry which means mages are unkillable in a 1v1 (unless you're in koto or some shitter guild). Good footfighters that reroll mage are able to parry 3 or more footfighters at the same time with ease. Meanwhile mages spells are unblockable AND ignore armor.

Many noobs often say "but mages can barely kill someone without losing all mana" which is completely ignorant and disregarding the value of using corrupt and lesser heal. With lesser heal healing for 22+ and costing next to no mana. Combine that with the insanely slow TTK for footfighters and you make enemy footfighters useless since the resources a footfighter has to spend to deal 22 dmg is a lot more than the insignificant mana cost of the heal. Also people completely ignore the fact that stamina is essentially the bottleneck for footfighters. Without stamina you are just an even easier target for mages.

Recently they made heavier armor more viable which made armor with more resistances used more frequently. This was just a nerf for footfighters since this made the TTK even slower and since mages ignore armor it just made mages even better. It's an absolute joke. As a footfighter you can barely kill someone running in a straight line because you will need so many swings that you will run out of stamina before you are able to kill even 1 guy. It's an absolute joke. Don't even get me started if the opponent has 2 hands and are able to block. Good luck killing anyone with a stamina bar. Meanwhile mages don't need to use nearly as much stamina because they are ranged and doesn't need to close the distance like melees need to and most importantly they dont need to use 80 stamina to deal 20 damage.

They need to decrease the stamina cost and increase the damage for melee weapons to make the TTK faster and give footfighters the opportunity to play the game. At the moment there is no reason to play anything other than mounted or mage.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Some of these people that say mages arent good I swear are playing with track pads when I see their gameplay.

The skill floor is just so low that anyone can do it. I dont even play with armor, I see no point to wear it. Just use a shield, and kill players in full steel.
Its been extremely strong since it was introduced and they are still going to buff it. They need someone on the design team thats good at the game who can tell them how the game really plays out in PvP.

Reactions: Ingwar Keogh

Ingwar Keogh

Mar 25, 2021
Mages are very strong at the moment and with new schools they will be become even stronger. I am afraid that after release this game will be mage vs mage. There will be shield spells soon and what will footfighters get ? There should armours infreasing spell resist.
Somebody can say increase Psy. Yes I have psy 70 but still magic resist is not even 50%, and mages can parry 100% of my dmg my even with the crappy dagger. Where is the logic ?

Reactions: Kynyante and Tzone

zers

Aug 4, 2021
Some of these people that say mages arent good I swear are playing with track pads when I see their gameplay.

The skill floor is just so low that anyone can do it. I dont even play with armor, I see no point to wear it. Just use a shield, and kill players in full steel.
Its been extremely strong since it was introduced and they are still going to buff it. They need someone on the design team thats good at the game who can tell them how the game really plays out in PvP.

Yeah that's another thing. Mages are so cheap compared to melee it's insane.

bubbles

Jul 1, 2020
  • Free armor weight before mana penalty changed from 2kg to 4kg.
  • Slightly increased damage on spurt, outburst and lightning spells.
  • Max concentration skill now gives a total of 60% chance to avoid spells getting interrupted.
Delete your footfighters

Tzone

May 16, 2021
  • Free armor weight before mana penalty changed from 2kg to 4kg.
  • Slightly increased damage on spurt, outburst and lightning spells.
  • Max concentration skill now gives a total of 60% chance to avoid spells getting interrupted.
Delete your footfighters
Already did lol. Imma be outbursting kids for +30s now lol. What a joke of game balance. If I can see your name you take 30 damage now. Playing archer I cant do 30 damage against armor and I actually have to have skill to land hits at 4000 range.

The armore weight change was OK but they need to nerf mana regen a bit when they add dedicated mage armor. I will still not be wearing armor most of the time.

The max con change is as stupid as you can be and just shows they dont play the game. The only counter to mage as a FF is to hug them to prevent them from channeling. Now I can just turn around face a tree or wall and channel then turn around with a Tlash on a already fulmed and tlashed player that is one hit from being a loot bag.

Making the easiest class more rewarding and less risky. Also RNG resist/concentration is dumb design for "skill based PvP" game. But its actually a RP game and not a PvP game.

Reactions: cerqo

Tzone

May 16, 2021
You need to get some veela footies to push with you. I dunno why you'd 1v1 a mage, if a mage is parrying they aren't healing and may as well be KD'd and why wouldn't you just pepper them with arrows lol.

time for people to unroll their thurkalls. lol. It's like resident evil, dudes getting shot up trying to zombie to the mages. Seriously, I assume you are really good at the game ( I try to assume that about people who talk about combat), do you really think a mage could 1v1 a foot fighter if the foot fighter had decent speed?

But look another problem that ties back to BROKEN PARRY SYSTEM. ahem. SOONER OR LATER YOU ALL WILL UNDERSTAND THE HORROR.
I play mage, I win. The other people in this thread are also some of the top PvPers in the game too.

We arent having a issue with knowing how to play the game. Its just that 95% of the playerbase are just really bad at the game and say things like buff mage.

zers

Aug 4, 2021
You need to get some veela footies to push with you. I dunno why you'd 1v1 a mage, if a mage is parrying they aren't healing and may as well be KD'd and why wouldn't you just pepper them with arrows lol.

time for people to unroll their thurkalls. lol. It's like resident evil, dudes getting shot up trying to zombie to the mages. Seriously, I assume you are really good at the game ( I try to assume that about people who talk about combat), do you really think a mage could 1v1 a foot fighter if the foot fighter had decent speed?

But look another problem that ties back to BROKEN PARRY SYSTEM. ahem. SOONER OR LATER YOU ALL WILL UNDERSTAND THE HORROR.

Yes, the mage can just kite while parrying to somewhere they can play terrain etc. Get peels from teammates. Many different plays and scenarios

Also you can't just be forced to send 3 guys after every mage. That's not balanced.

LordMega

Dec 2, 2020
I made a thread a little while back asking for higher stam regen in combat mode, but recently Henrik said on stream that it doesn't seem to be something they're interested in doing (increasing stam or stam regen). So this is where we're at.

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
i remember killing the best mages in 10 seconds on mo1.. now they are better than me in blocking attacks, jumping on a rock and tlashing me like nothing. Using a bow doesnt help much bcause corrupt makes u disorient the aim..

Reactions: Ingwar Keogh

Piet

May 28, 2020
TTK is high in a 1v1. The game isn't balanced around 1v1.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
holy... im loosing faith for real, do they listen to the wrong people? this could be the reason why the melee combat is totally broken and limited and ECU overpowered without the availability of anti-magic armor materials.
they think people pick melee fighters because magic is too weak or smth (they look on the pickrate datas too) but in reality most players want to play foot fighters.

instead of nerfing ECU magic dmg by -50% to make room for the other upcoming magic schools who are not high-range-HITSCAN and giving PvE AI negative PSY... they break the balance for the 10% playerbase which will indirectly suffer when all warriors leave the game and they have no one to kill anymore beside BONE enjoyers.

all you need is a 4-5 player dex mage squad to delete everyone on sight without skill involved if they figure out that low sensitivy (10%-20%) and VOIP is the key.
100 warriors cant kill you if they are not super close to you but 4-5 long-range-hitscan-mages with 5 reagents in their bag and leather armor delete everyone on sight without the possibility that the victim can protect against it (no magic dmg mitigating armor material/slot or movement).

after release people play for min/max killing and not only for evening fun and the steam release will bring alot of mages, this is when the game will die on rage.

im not against strong PvP mages BUT skill and balance must be involved in a game where non-magic players are the backbone of the community, playerbase and economy.
i really hope this is just for the beta and they tune down every ECU dmg spell to half of its current dmg output, not only to make room for the new skill based dmg spells and schools.

Last edited:

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
holy... im loosing faith for real, do they listen to the wrong people? this could be the reason why the melee combat is totally broken and limited and ECU overpowered without the availability of anti-magic armor materials.
they think people pick melee fighters because magic is too weak or smth (they look on the pickrate datas too) but in reality most players want to play foot fighters.

instead of nerfing ECU magic dmg by -50% to make room for the other upcoming magic schools who are not high-range-HITSCAN and giving PvE AI negative PSY... they break the balance for the 10% playerbase which will indirectly suffer when all warriors leave the game and they have no one to kill anymore beside BONE enjoyers.

all you need is a 4-5 player dex mage squad to delete everyone on sight without skill involved if they figure out that low sensitivy (10%-20%) and VOIP is the key.
100 warriors cant kill you if they are not super close to you but 4-5 long-range-hitscan-mages with 5 reagents in their bag and leather armor delete everyone on sight without the possibility that the victim can protect against it (no magic dmg mitigating armor material/slot or movement).

after release people play for min/max killing and not only for evening fun and the steam release will bring alot of mages, this is when the game will die on rage.

im not against strong PvP mages BUT skill and balance must be involved in a game where non-magic players are the backbone of the community, playerbase and economy.
i really hope this is just for the beta and they tune down every ECU dmg spell to half of its current dmg output, not only to make room for the new skill based dmg spells and schools.

Lmao, whitebears were literally unblockable for several MONTHS before that balancing was even considered. They still hit harder than any average player, especially considering you can block 99% of the hits from any average player.

Balance and SV are two things that have the most absurdly sad relationship that I've ever seen from any game so far.

I mean we are talking about a company here that added demon bats in MO1 that literally couldn't be touched by footfighters or mages, flying in the sky shooting ppl for 60s.

I really do not understand why SV has such a hard-on for all the literal braindead dogshit playstyles being absolutely broken in this game. Fatmages, mounteds, pets. Etc. It should be only logical that something like spells from a fatmage that can do 80s through OGHMIUM armor that's prolly gonna be worth well over 2k gold at the start of the game is literal dogshit balancing. Oh but wait, lets do the literal completely fucking opposite flip when it comes to DK's and justify them being completely fucking brokenly busted for years by the fact that the animal magnetism book was "rare" and cost a lot lmao.

Balancing in this game is a joke and has always been since MO1, sadly there doesn't seem to be much change in sight.

Btw, its clear that SV doesn't give a single fuck about PvP in this game being skillbased or competitive just based on their decisions. Have you seen any competitive PvP game balance around the most utter dogshit players in the game? Does league of legends balance the game mechanics around bronze and silver players? What about CSGO, Valorant, etc. World of Warcraft arena for sure gets balanced around the 1200 rating lmao.

Piet

May 28, 2020
That's clearly an over reaction to a slight mage change. shitty unused spells were buffed, who cares? 2 armor is literally like 2 damage difference it's nothing. The strongest buff was the range of the only damage spiritism spell by 10% and the mental focus buff. if your group is getting deleted by a mage only squad you're just bad simple as that except for I have barely seen any mages in the game much less a whole group of them. I don't think they needed a buff but that's just a silly reaction to it.

Last edited:

Tzone

May 16, 2021
That's clearly an over reaction to a slight mage change. shitty unused spells were buffed, who cares? 2 armor is literally like 2 damage difference it's nothing. The strongest buff was the range of the only damage spiritism spell by 10% and the mental focus buff. if your group is getting deleted by a mage only squad you're just bad simple as that except for I have barely seen any mages in the game much less a while group of them. I don't think they needed a buff but that's just a silly reaction to it.
I use outburts all the time it is very usefull and good. Lightings place was as a quick damage output when you are being melee'd on. You turn and block with the sheild on you back as you channel a spell to finish them off.

The point is that mages were already absolutely busted if the user had a pulse and played a FPS game in their life.

Outburst now does as much as a bow but faster and hitscan. If you see their name they take at least 30 damage. Look at what a bow player has to do in order to land a hit like that and then at 40 yards there is a good chance that the target will move unpredictably.

Mages already broken, we didnt need a buff we need a rework and nerf.

Piet

May 28, 2020
I use outburts all the time it is very usefull and good. Lightings place was as a quick damage output when you are being melee'd on. You turn and block with the sheild on you back as you channel a spell to finish them off.

The point is that mages were already absolutely busted if the user had a pulse and played a FPS game in their life.

Outburst now does as much as a bow but faster and hitscan. If you see their name they take at least 30 damage. Look at what a bow player has to do in order to land a hit like that and then at 40 yards there is a good chance that the target will move unpredictably.

Mages already broken, we didnt need a buff we need a rework and nerf.
I agree they didn't need the buff just Bernfred and the other guys huge posts about how 4-5 mages can take out any group easily was silly. I don't agree mages are busted though or more people would play them. They are support and can't really take people out as everyone loves to say they can.

zers

Aug 4, 2021
That's clearly an over reaction to a slight mage change. shitty unused spells were buffed, who cares? 2 armor is literally like 2 damage difference it's nothing. The strongest buff was the range of the only damage spiritism spell by 10% and the mental focus buff. if your group is getting deleted by a mage only squad you're just bad simple as that except for I have barely seen any mages in the game much less a while group of them. I don't think they needed a buff but that's just a silly reaction to it.

Mages were already OP before the buff. This patch just buffed them further.

You say " shitty unused spells were buffed " but outburst was one of the best spells in the game before the patch. Now it might even be the best.

Sorry bro. But if you base mages strength based on mages in Wardens it's obvious why you don't think they are OP.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
its not about these specific changes which are totally fine if you consider a broad ECU dmg nerf before release... its the fact that the game went in the opposite direction since the alpha of what i think would be the best way for MO2.
these changes are again more or less an indicator for a deeper problem.

Reactions: cerqo and Tzone