Death Rattle

How do you feel about the game?

• Total voters

C3ncio

Feb 5, 2022
I'm having tons of fun. Yes, the game needs LOT of work indeed, this is basically a beta and i still can't understand why they did this stupid rushed release that ruined the mood of a lot of people but the game, even with rough edges and missing parts, is already fun like hell.
If they keep polishing, fixing and adding content overtime i'm sold, that's the game i love.

Reactions: Amadman and CrgHck

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
So you want me to break down everything that was said in the initial post.

• --- Being worked on and it runs better than many games that cost way more. Get off Min-specs Sorry was that uncalled for?
  • ----- Again this is a known issue and I believe it is to keep all players on a level playing field. In MO1 it was not uncommon for the "1337" tier PVPers or try hards to delete the grass, and shadows and crank the gama all the way up so they can see in the dark and ignore foliage.
  • -----It is pretty colorful, sorry it isnt Nuruto Online or some other anime weeb game but it is more realistic in color pallet than most games. I spent a lot of time in the great out doors and there is lots of shades of brown, green and grey... not a lot of bright colors and when they are bright it is a sign of danger.
  • --Known issue they are slowly but surely trying to fix these issues. If you find them, instead of complaining about them stand in the location where it happens and file a bug report in game. They are tagged with the grid coordinates when you do that.
  • ---- Bugs again are mostly known if you find one report it dont bitch about it. Keybinds well what do you want? This isnt COD or Tarkov. You dont need a lot of keybinds.
  • ----It was also a necessary solution for a problem at hand, and Henrik did NOT want to do it. This was abundantly clear in his live stream when he announced they were doing it. Or would you rather be stuck sitting in a 12 hour queue?
  • The game still lacks regional servers. -----HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA No. The first MO didnt have regional servers and this one doesnt either. It is for several reasons but let me start by explaining cost as the first. Star Vault is using a hosting service out of the UK I believe this is costing them a lot less than if they were to contract a second or third service in the United States and Australia. Not to mention if there is an issue with one of those regional servers Star Vault will need some one with technical know how and authority to trouble shoot the issue. Which means 24 hour 7 days a week coverage. You are aware this is a sub 40 person company right?
  • ----- Bull shit. This tells me right here you dont know what you are talking about. Some of the best PVPers in MO1 were from the US, EU and AUS. I am personally based out of the US and my ping to the MO2 server is 96ms on average. My ping to MO1 servers was 120ms. The average human reaction time is not much better than that.
  • ----- Unfortunately that is the nature of PVP and melee combat in general. Both in game and in real life. If you find yourself outnumbered find a position where numbers work against them... Google Battle of Agincourt
  • Magic feels super dry, and extremely annoying to play against. (MO1 magic felt better.. and looked better.) The magic is identical to MO1.----- Not sure what youre talking about. They havent added the additional schools yet. They are coming.
  • ---- I agree with you on Mounted Combat being a bit underwhelming especially compared to MO1. But like all things I experienced this before and it will be tweaked and balanced and nerfed and adjusted time and time again. Just wait.
  • ----Well no offense but if you can do better, then do it. With that out of the way let me tell you why. This is because they dont have an in house artist or the money and time to create many in game assets. The Asset store that they got many of these things from is for that VERY reason. Yes some of them can use an adjustment but that is again I am sure on the list of things to do.
  • ---- MO1 Haven was not a distinct location... it was in the garden of Tindrem. This in itself lead to more issues than it solved. It added additional load on the server, it also caused issues for truly new players who were occasionally faced with experienced players who managed to glitch into Haven and decided to just destroy these newb. And the newby flag they came up with just lead to people exploiting it and using alt characters generated just to run stuff of high value.
  • ---- There was a saying in the early 2000s when the US army had their Army of One campaign.... "The Army of One is great till the Army of TWO show up." And to quote Stalin "Quantity has a quality on its own." This is more than just an adventure game it is a nation building game. Not everyone is going to be the hero.
  • ----- In MO1 there were few red priests, but red players could spawn at blue priests and suffer stat loss. This system was hated and most red players would just go to a red priest to avoid the stat loss. So they just cut out the stat loss. Simple solution, it isnt going to make everyone happy but you never will.
  • ----They got rid of a lot of the excess things that were not needed, in MO1 there was helm, shoulders, sleeves, gloves all left and right, and then legs and boots. So a total of 9 item slots or 9 additional things to craft and the database to keep track of. When most people used to just try to keep things as even as possible. It doesnt make much sense to have all of these excess stuff when you can streamline the system.
  • ----- There are more options in MO2 than there were in MO1. MO1 there was the flavor of the month. Be it the early days of the mercy dagger on the end of a 1 handed handle. Or the MC murder stick, of the gold or bleck 2 handed handle no head. To the later Polesword meta.
  • -- They are aware it is not finished (duh) but they are working on it. It is not a priority at this time. Is it great no.. but it can be.
  • ---Keeps were in at launch of MO1 and there was no sieging, hell we used to blow up houses with sledge hammer parties in MO1 that would last for a day or more.
  • --- This is the only problem that I agree with you on. Yes hackers are an issue, but if SV is being honest with us, and I have no reason to believe they arent. They are working on combating the issue. Problem is again, 30-40 employees...
  • --- Losing items suck... but everything in game can easily be replaced. Pets are the only real issue and even then, it is just time.
  • ----Unless you are a GM you have no idea what tools they do or do not have available to them.
  • ---Tell me a company that doesnt do this and I will show you a scam.
  • ---- Never played UO did you? It was 40$ for the game then a subscription fee monthly. Or played Multi-Player Battletech : Solaris VII which was a purchase price of 20 bucks, then a monthly sub fee of 7bucks then an hourly fee of .99c for the internet.

There you go.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Very bad & awful boomer take. @Hodo

I am Gen-X. You know he generation that time forgot. The generation that quit caring about your feelings and wasnt given awards just for showing up. The generation that had to endure the end of the cold war, the bloat of the national debt, the joys of crippling student debt, and the idiocy of the generations that came after us.

paxprobellum

Feb 5, 2022
I am Gen-X. You know he generation that time forgot. The generation that quit caring about your feelings and wasnt given awards just for showing up. The generation that had to endure the end of the cold war, the bloat of the national debt, the joys of crippling student debt, and the idiocy of the generations that came after us.

/r/nocontext

Reactions: Daikos

Backyard Employee

Oct 30, 2021

You're just driving my point further home.

A lot of what you said about my points are anecdotal ignorance.

Anyone who has played the first and now the second game long enough would see this.

For example. You're trying to say I don't know that their GM tools aren't robust? Weird. It's because Star Vault themselves said they weren't and even in the first game they were severely lacking.

I could go down your list and break down every point with actual information showing you that your wrong, but I know I'm not wrong.

Also. I've looked through your post history, you do this quite often. It's sad.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
yeah Henrik says that they dont have good GM tools and that they are working on getting them better ones which they kinda have over the pass couple of months. GMs tools is a man power allication thing so I personally would not fault them on not allocating a lot of dev time on GMs tools. Its very important but so is content and bug fixed.

You're just driving my point further home.

A lot of what you said about my points are anecdotal ignorance.

Anyone who has played the first and now the second game long enough would see this.

For example. You're trying to say I don't know that their GM tools aren't robust? Weird. It's because Star Vault themselves said they weren't and even in the first game they were severely lacking.

I could go down your list and break down every point with actual information showing you that your wrong, but I know I'm not wrong.

Also. I've looked through your post history, you do this quite often. It's sad.
Its ok your dont need to prove your self pretty much everyone has discounted hodo already.

lol I just skimmed his post a bit and the dude said average human reaction time is not much better then 96 or 120ms. like human reaction time as a reasoning for high ping not mattering.
like wtf, dude must be bad at every game he plays to not notice how ping matters. Explains why he doenst understand how FPS affects you playing the game. I cant with dude, he has to be trolling or something.

Backyard Employee

Oct 30, 2021
yeah Henrik says that they dont have good GM tools and that they are working on getting them better ones which they kinda have over the pass couple of months. GMs tools is a man power allication thing so I personally would not fault them on not allocating a lot of dev time on GMs tools. Its very important but so is content and bug fixed.

Its ok your dont need to prove your self pretty much everyone has discounted hodo already.

lol I just skimmed his post a bit and the dude said average human reaction time is not much better then 96 or 120ms. like human reaction time as a reasoning for high ping not mattering.
like wtf, dude must be bad at every game he plays to not notice how ping matters. Explains why he doenst understand how FPS affects you playing the game. I cant with dude, he has to be trolling or something.

Yeah it was weird trying to correlate human reaction speed to ping.

Man. I guess we all just enjoy playing games at 200 ping then, right? It's no different from 0 ping.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Idk I'm torn because this is a game I've tried really hard to love for a long time. But sometimes idk why I still play. Right now there's nothing really fun or exciting to do. PvP well there's nothing really worth fighting over. And most people just use 5g worth of crap. Good luck selling it. PvE is boring. Low respawn rates and no exciting loot. Crafting is probably the most solid part of the game but gets tedious fairly fast. Taming is fun but with all the bugs and mounted archers spending eight hours getting and leveling a pet just for it to be wrekt isn't really worth it

Reactions: Tloluvin

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
This game was even less ready for release than Hodo was.

I've read this comment like 5x and I finally laughed at it. Pretty hard. Hodo was an old Mofo1 dude, tho, he's been triggering people for a decade. I think everyone should be able to say what they want. But it's def worth noting that I did finally get 'tickled' by your comment.

At Arcane, man, it shouldn't always be about something to fight. There is a thrill to fighting in MO, just moving around and getting hit/hitting people. You don't even need to be good. Unless people have raw gold on them (which is not pvpers), it's usually just put it on if it's better or if not meh... I dunno. I'm not a huge PKer trying to make a living off of it, but if someone drops something I can use, you know, I use it. People prol don't wanna use good gear cuz mounted zerg meta and how squishy horses are, and once your horse is gone you are prol dead if they have magi, even if you have a long bow, no matter what you're wearing. In the places where people foot fight a lot, they prol wear good gear.

The fact that they nubbed out on the pvp thing is why they have 3k people on (counting those that are living in haven loool) on a Saturday night. They need to open up pvp and make people more mad. Competition is good when people are mad. It doesn't have to be toxic, but just being like awww shit I'm gearing up and going right back out... that's the level of devotion that needs to be there, and that's what leads to people making good gear, using good gear, etc, real fights, real content. They actually think people want MO to be more about PvE lol.

It's worth saying again: I spent most of my time in MO1 achieving just about everything EXCEPT pvp prowess, and it would have meant nothing if other people weren't getting griefed out of the game on the daily. I wouldn't have been able to stay motivated. When you say you dunno why you play it's because you have nothing driving you. What is supposed to drive you is ambition or revenge, something, you know? Crafters can help win wars, too, by supplying. Tamers, too. There just have to be people getting mad. SV seemed to want people to stop getting mad for fear they will quit the game. Well, it's like me on the forums or some of the other people, dudes quit then they come back a lot of the times, haha. They come back cuz they want that level of engagement. Everyone does it for a different reason, some people are really just spreading toxicity, some people probably are trying to bring order to the world, some are just having fun, testing themselves, etc... but I mean even w/o the launch thing, I think this game was handicapped. They tried too hard to cater to a pve crowd. Pve is just another resource. It's all players. Give players the tools. Stop holding them back. ACTION v SUPPRESSION. Do not suppress. Do not suppress!!

We have 3000~ (prol not, but let's assume) humans in this game, well probably when you count all time zones. You trying to tell me they can't make something happen? The only way they can't make something happen is if they are restricted. And SV is worried that 500 of them might quit. It's just like MO, it can be over in a flash, gotta make quick decisions. Nothing worse than a slow death.

adrelik

Feb 8, 2022
I've read this comment like 5x and I finally laughed at it. Pretty hard. Hodo was an old Mofo1 dude, tho, he's been triggering people for a decade. I think everyone should be able to say what they want. But it's def worth noting that I did finally get 'tickled' by your comment.

At Arcane, man, it shouldn't always be about something to fight. There is a thrill to fighting in MO, just moving around and getting hit/hitting people. You don't even need to be good. Unless people have raw gold on them (which is not pvpers), it's usually just put it on if it's better or if not meh... I dunno. I'm not a huge PKer trying to make a living off of it, but if someone drops something I can use, you know, I use it. People prol don't wanna use good gear cuz mounted zerg meta and how squishy horses are, and once your horse is gone you are prol dead if they have magi, even if you have a long bow, no matter what you're wearing. In the places where people foot fight a lot, they prol wear good gear.

The fact that they nubbed out on the pvp thing is why they have 3k people on (counting those that are living in haven loool) on a Saturday night. They need to open up pvp and make people more mad. Competition is good when people are mad. It doesn't have to be toxic, but just being like awww shit I'm gearing up and going right back out... that's the level of devotion that needs to be there, and that's what leads to people making good gear, using good gear, etc, real fights, real content. They actually think people want MO to be more about PvE lol.

It's worth saying again: I spent most of my time in MO1 achieving just about everything EXCEPT pvp prowess, and it would have meant nothing if other people weren't getting griefed out of the game on the daily. I wouldn't have been able to stay motivated. When you say you dunno why you play it's because you have nothing driving you. What is supposed to drive you is ambition or revenge, something, you know? Crafters can help win wars, too, by supplying. Tamers, too. There just have to be people getting mad. SV seemed to want people to stop getting mad for fear they will quit the game. Well, it's like me on the forums or some of the other people, dudes quit then they come back a lot of the times, haha. They come back cuz they want that level of engagement. Everyone does it for a different reason, some people are really just spreading toxicity, some people probably are trying to bring order to the world, some are just having fun, testing themselves, etc... but I mean even w/o the launch thing, I think this game was handicapped. They tried too hard to cater to a pve crowd. Pve is just another resource. It's all players. Give players the tools. Stop holding them back. ACTION v SUPPRESSION. Do not suppress. Do not suppress!!

We have 3000~ (prol not, but let's assume) humans in this game, well probably when you count all time zones. You trying to tell me they can't make something happen? The only way they can't make something happen is if they are restricted. And SV is worried that 500 of them might quit. It's just like MO, it can be over in a flash, gotta make quick decisions. Nothing worse than a slow death.

You touched upon some good points here. PvP/fights need to drive the game. Players need to be in the mindset of finding a fight, winning/losing and regearing and finding another one. This constant PvP is what will drive the game from both a player fun point of view and the economy/crafting side.

MO2RIP

Feb 9, 2022
I'm playing until they start charging that full price triple A 15$ monthly sub. Then it's MO1 all over again with people only coming back for big expansions like TC.

CrgHck

Jan 27, 2022
Stockholm
I'm playing until they start charging that full price triple A 15$ monthly sub. Then it's MO1 all over again with people only coming back for big expansions like TC.
well yeah its AAA pricing but no AAA company makes a game like this so not really comparable imho

Kuthara

Jan 4, 2021
While there is a huge amount of tripe in here, from the same people that have been complaining about the game since the start of beta (Why are you still here?) There are a few valid points.

My main issues with the game at the moment is that the beta felt more alive. We engaged on a almost daily basis in fights ranging from 5v5 right up to 100+ v 100+ and for the vast majority of the time it ran smooth as butter.

The largest fight we have been in since release is probably around 40 v 40 and it was a slide show. Even smaller fights deteriate into laggy messes. That is if you can find them. I am not sure if everyone is just hiding on alt servers or if the population figures are fudged but there is just no one around. I stick to main 99% of my play time unless there is a nasty queue of over 3-400 and I just can not find groups out there looking for fights.

There just seemed to be more activity in beta.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
My main issues with the game at the moment is that the beta felt more alive.

I feel the same way (and have said so multiple times); I WONDER WHY. Let us ponder :p Howcuz having 800 people or w/e had more action than now? I'd look at repsys, MC sys. I mean, we were dueling without duel and I don't recall anyone ever getting locked out of town. People played differently, too, cuz beta, but still. SV needs to really look at the 'death arc' and try to understand why it happened. I mean there are many patch notes to comb, and I didn't even start playing beta til I bought after the free week + release pushback. Beta was FUN. This CAN be fun, but it is undeniably less interesting than beta, and that's a BIG PROBLEM.

Backyard Employee

Oct 30, 2021

Makes me wonder if they'll charge it to all players who have played since launch, or after they put it into effect. I feel like that'll have a sway on specific people.

well yeah its AAA pricing but no AAA company makes a game like this so not really comparable imho

I mean. This doesn't make much sense, can we not compare games and companies to see differences and similarities, good and bad?

While there is a huge amount of tripe in here, from the same people that have been complaining about the game since the start of beta (Why are you still here?) There are a few valid points.

My main issues with the game at the moment is that the beta felt more alive. We engaged on a almost daily basis in fights ranging from 5v5 right up to 100+ v 100+ and for the vast majority of the time it ran smooth as butter.

The largest fight we have been in since release is probably around 40 v 40 and it was a slide show. Even smaller fights deteriate into laggy messes. That is if you can find them. I am not sure if everyone is just hiding on alt servers or if the population figures are fudged but there is just no one around. I stick to main 99% of my play time unless there is a nasty queue of over 3-400 and I just can not find groups out there looking for fights.

A lot of people who "complain", which I disagree with and would rather call it give criticism, typically have been playing from the start and more often then not are just expressing their passion towards the game. People haven't left because they want things to change for the better. But beyond that..

Yes. Sharding fixed the server issues, but in my eyes it was a door leading to new problems fixing an issue that could of been prevented long before it even happened. This was one of the many faults Classic WoW had when it launched, and sharding was one of those things no matter how ""temporary"" it was - it hurt the game substantially.

The beta felt more active, and genuinely more fun. When the game full-launched, it just seemed the game actually got worse in a lot of aspects.

So the game is actually worse than the beta? Wow.

Unironically, yes.

Reactions: Bloodterst