Current Issues with Pet System

Philthie

Sep 13, 2020
I have to say this thread eventually delivered. I was starting to think the forums were a bit boring.

agui

May 31, 2020
Now that i wanted to nominate you to the position of public relations of my guild ... i see in you the calm and intelligence of a great embassador to peacefully deal with multiple relations between guilds, internal disputes, idea discussion and to fix serveral other problems along the way.

Ok apoligize acccepted

• Love
Reactions: Serverus

Bladeer01

Aug 1, 2021
Why do you need the game to hand hold you more? I'm being genuinely curious if it's that hard to target one of the mobs and hit your "attack x" hotkey? I understand that some people are not pros, but literally every other play style requires you to decide your target...why should BM not have to do the same?

let's put it the other way around , i'm doing whatever you want , then ppl attack me , 2 cqc and a long range fighter , the long range hit me first , pet go attack him , the guy just run around while i fight in cqc , and need to reassign target ; not so good right ?

as for hand holding , everyone is happy to not have to click every 3 seconde to hit a rock or a tree right ?
just realism

• Love
Reactions: Serverus

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
let's put it the other way around , i'm doing whatever you want , then ppl attack me , 2 cqc and a long range fighter , the long range hit me first , pet go attack him , the guy just run around while i fight in cqc , and need to reassign target ; not so good right ?

I'm having a hard time following this, but regardless I think even in the middle of battle a BM should be able to reassign their pet's target, if you let your pet get too far from you because you sent it at the ranged fighter so you can't reassign it that is on you. I will not be able to agree with adding a button that adds a whole other crutch to the BM play style.

as for hand holding , everyone is happy to not have to click every 3 seconde to hit a rock or a tree right ?
just realism

There is a huge difference between QoL of a gathering action and a combat action, so I think this is a bad comparison. I've said it a couple of times now, but why should BM be the only play style that doesn't have to pick their target when doing damage to an enemy (npc or otherwise)?

Bladeer01

Aug 1, 2021
I'm having a hard time following this, but regardless I think even in the middle of battle a BM should be able to reassign their pet's target, if you let your pet get too far from you because you sent it at the ranged fighter so you can't reassign it that is on you. I will not be able to agree with adding a button that adds a whole other crutch to the BM play style.

There is a huge difference between QoL of a gathering action and a combat action, so I think this is a bad comparison. I've said it a couple of times now, but why should BM be the only play style that doesn't have to pick their target when doing damage to an enemy (npc or otherwise)?

i dont say you shouldn't be able to reassign target , just saying that in a one vs multiple situation it become necessary to assign target like now ;
defense mode would only be useful in 1v1 or 1 v pve ; and frankly that's the same as the pet follow / pet stop etc

Reactions: Kelzyr

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
i dont say you shouldn't be able to reassign target , just saying that in a one vs multiple situation it become necessary to assign target like now ;
defense mode would only be useful in 1v1 or 1 v pve ; and frankly that's the same as the pet follow / pet stop etc

I understand now. Chances are they'll probably add it.

G McB

Sep 17, 2021
Basically just like world of warcraft. Have pet auto attack so you can semi afk

G McB

Sep 17, 2021
i never played wow but hey , you know pet in mo are fragile right ^^

1000hp is not fragile lol

well.... more like 650hp - 850hps depending on the creature if its anything like it used to be.

I'd like to see a screenshot of a max level white bears hps currently actually. Anyone got one? Even a brown bear would be interesting to see since we don't have Molvas or Minotaurs. Yet....

Last edited:

Serverus

May 28, 2020
Moh’ki
1000hp is not fragile lol

well.... more like 650hp - 850hps depending on the creature if its anything like it used to be.

I'd like to see a screenshot of a max level white bears hps currently actually. Anyone got one? Even a brown bear would be interesting to see since we don't have Molvas or Minotaurs. Yet....
The issue with your argument about white bears is not every tamer/beastmaster has them. They are rare spawns like Jotun horses. Rpkers camp them and they are highly coveted. There is no point going after them right now. Just like every skilled fighter does not go after the meta builds, armor, weapons...etc, not every beastermaster goes after the meta pets. The majority of players have brown bears, direwolves, taur dogs and pets that are more abundant in the realm. These pets are very fragile and they have normal HP from 300-600 at 125 level. So the idea that pets need to be nerfed is ridiculous and detrimental to the BM playstyle.