Criminals need to have actual punishments for playing as criminals.

Tiberius

Mar 31, 2021
Criminals need to have actual punishments for playing as criminals. Being able to commit 5 murders is frankly retarded. This needs to be reduced to 2-3 and the number of points you get for murdering increased as well. I'm a PKer. All I do is kill people constantly. I want to feel like an actual criminal. I shouldn't be able to even get close to a non-criminal city without dying. And I should have a punishment. That's part of the immersion.

A lot of us want realism. Realism means being a criminal has repercussions. I play a criminal, but it doesn't even feel like it. I've killed and looted 15ish people today. All I had to do to get around it was run a few silly package missions and completely got around 15 murders. Guards don't even patrol nearby outside city paths/roads. Which is a basic thing lol. Nothing about being a criminal is actually hard.

When I die as a criminal in a blue area, I should go to jail. Give me fun mechanics to break out and stuff. Have guards patrol local roadways that I have to watch for when coming to kill and steal from people. Make the game more interesting.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 666, Vulpin and Sgr

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Yeah, the murder count system needs to be gone entirely, and the remnants absorbed into reputation. Afking to wait off kills is such a terribly thought out mechanic. And yeah the afk kicker helps but have they banned a single person for macroing yet? Because I've seen people state openly on these forums they would continue to do it despite the EULA forbidding it now.

Having a system that gives an advantage to macroers without actually banning said macroers is worse than having no rule at all.

Reactions: Bicorps

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
That's why I feel like they should just loosen the hell out of the flag/rep system because people are gonna be mad regardless, and at least "arpk" people and solos can handle their own biz then lol.

Tiberius

Mar 31, 2021
Absolutely not my friend. Mortal Online 1 was a failure because they allowed people to handle their own biz without regulations. I'm down for pvp anytime. I'm not interested in playing fucking RUST though.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Tiberius

Mar 31, 2021
A lot of us want realism. Realism means being a criminal has repercussions. I play a criminal, but it doesn't even feel like it. I've killed and looted 15ish people today. All I had to do to get around it was run a few silly package missions and completely got around 15 murders. Guards don't even patrol nearby outside city paths/roads. Which is a basic thing lol. Nothing about being a criminal is actually hard.

When I die as a criminal in a blue area, I should go to jail. Give me fun mechanics to break out and stuff. Have guards patrol local roadways that I have to watch for when coming to kill and steal from people. Make the game more interesting.

• Haha
Reactions: Sgr

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
Yeah, the murder count system needs to be gone entirely, and the remnants absorbed into reputation. Afking to wait off kills is such a terribly thought out mechanic. And yeah the afk kicker helps but have they banned a single person for macroing yet? Because I've seen people state openly on these forums they would continue to do it despite the EULA forbidding it now.

Having a system that gives an advantage to macroers without actually banning said macroers is worse than having no rule at all.
You don't need to be logged in for the timer to count down any more that was changed last patch with the red priest, but now murder counts basically are meaningless unless you kill 5+ people a day an get reported for everyone of those kills.

But ya a in game jailing mechanic would be interesting tbh but they'd have to add something productive you can do in them maybe a way to farm rep at a slow rate would be good.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
You don't need to be logged in for the timer to count down any more that was changed last patch with the red priest, but now murder counts basically are meaningless unless you kill 5+ people a day an get reported for everyone of those kills..

That isn't a bad mechanic then actually but yeah the values need to be adjusted. I'd say 2 a day up to 48 hours from your last login. That does favor people who play a lot less though. Reputation needing to be done through active play just makes it a better foundation to build a worthwhile system from.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Well from realism perspective, you're in a world where

1) The only thing that is punished is murder, and there are no laws to punish people doing stuff that makes you want to kill them. One reason for why most people throughout history didn't just kill eachother was that they could bring their grievances to the court, or at least to the lord.
2) People don't really die, they respawn after 5 seconds of hallucinogenic trip.

So, think of parcels as a community service - a perfectly ok punishment for being a murderer in a world that works like this.
And of course until we have them wardecs SV shouldn't even think about making punishments worse. Red priests change was already a bit too much.

Reactions: Rhias

Tzone

May 16, 2021
why no harsher punishments or people who die to PvP
Even if you AFK 24 hours a day its only 3 MCs you burn a day. So some people here think that killing 3 people in PvP a day is enough PvP content. Despite that you can get 10 MCs in a one medium size fight in 10 minutes.

Funny how all the consequences to make the game more "hardcore" also seem to line up in making the game punish winners for the losers. How about you stop making excuses for being bad and learn how to fight so you can make player made consequences. Instead of having the NPCs play the game for you.

Tiberius

Mar 31, 2021
why no harsher punishments or people who die to PvP
Even if you AFK 24 hours a day its only 3 MCs you burn a day. So some people here think that killing 3 people in PvP a day is enough PvP content. Despite that you can get 10 MCs in a one medium size fight in 10 minutes.

Funny how all the consequences to make the game more "hardcore" also seem to line up in making the game punish winners for the losers. How about you stop making excuses for being bad and learn how to fight so you can make player made consequences. Instead of having the NPCs play the game for you.

Funny how you supposed "hardcore pvpers" can't handle actual consequences, and just want everything for free constantly without actually putting in any effort. Play Red 24/7 like me, and then we'll talk. The game lacks depth currently.

• Haha
Reactions: Sgr and Vulpin

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
They had a jail system in Archeage that was kinda fun....the first two times, then it was just an annoying mechanic you had to deal with...

That said, if you only go to jail if you die near the guard zones it would be a great disincentive to pvp near the towns.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Funny how you supposed "hardcore pvpers" can't handle actual consequences, and just want everything for free constantly without actually putting in any effort. Play Red 24/7 like me, and then we'll talk. The game lacks depth currently.
All I see is that you don't want to have consequences for your selves. You want the game to fight your enemies for you.
You made a mistake and die because of it but still want the winner to lose somehow because you are salty about PvP.

Tiberius

Mar 31, 2021
All I see is that you don't want to have consequences for your selves. You want the game to fight your enemies for you.
You made a mistake and die because of it but still want the winner to lose somehow because you are salty about PvP.

You're misunderstanding me. I want the game to have more depth when playing a criminal like I am. I want the game to be harder for criminals to play. Instead of the current free for all the game is with no real consequences at all. It's not punishing anyone who wins, but if you lose, you face real conseqeuences.

Willow

Feb 17, 2022
Criminals need to have actual punishments for playing as criminals. Being able to commit 5 murders is frankly retarded. This needs to be reduced to 2-3 and the number of points you get for murdering increased as well. I'm a PKer. All I do is kill people constantly. I want to feel like an actual criminal. I shouldn't be able to even get close to a non-criminal city without dying. And I should have a punishment. That's part of the immersion.

I agree with you. I don't want to see the game end up like previous full loot PVP games and fail. These are meaningful steps to improve the game.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I agree with you. I don't want to see the game end up like previous full loot PVP games and fail. These are meaningful steps to improve the game.
You mean like highly popular rust?

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Absolutely not my friend. Mortal Online 1 was a failure because they allowed people to handle their own biz without regulations. I'm down for pvp anytime. I'm not interested in playing fucking RUST though.

reds couldnt even enter cities, were KoS flag and had stat loss. That's not letting people handle their own biz. It's actually closer now and still incredibly gimped.

Edit: at consequences, as a criminal... not a righteous white knight helpful cleanser but a douchebag, you generate aggro upon yourself, you get a bad rep. You have the same consequences that everyone else has, when you die you lose all your loot, except there are more people looking to kill you because there are more people you screwed over. Plus you're (or should be) always open pvp.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Everyone has a different reason and excuse for why mo1 failed.

Contorto

Feb 18, 2022
Everyone has a different reason and excuse for why mo1 failed.
MO 1 failed because it was filled with toxic people who just ran around trying to find exploits to grief people nothing more. There wasn't PVP it was how can I break the game so I can get away with ruining other players ability to play.

Reactions: Melhisedek

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
MO 1 failed because it was filled with toxic people who just ran around trying to find exploits to grief people nothing more. There wasn't PVP it was how can I break the game so I can get away with ruining other players ability to play.

Hahaha, that's the funniest shit I've seen yet. Yeah bro MO1 failed because of the players, you got it ALL figured out.

Reactions: Sgr and 666