Crafting Suggestions

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Balancing current MO1 system by making some of the materials more useful would be better and add more interesting options.Crafters should focus on getting access to better materials by cooperating with others than macroing minigames.

And finding better material combinations...

jbrewer

Jul 20, 2020
Wow, that looks like so much fun. I'd like to play crafting the whole day. :sick:
So it's OK for PvPers to spend the whole day sieging but it's not OK for crafter types to get a more in depth crafting system that rewards them for spending more time crafting? I don't think this game is for you..

Zbuciorn

Jun 3, 2020
And finding better material combinations...
yeap,materials should be the key factor for crafting that makes the local economy and politics part of it as an organic system.Minigames are too artificial and hard to implement.

Last edited:

Rhias

May 28, 2020
So it's OK for PvPers to spend the whole day sieging but it's not OK for crafter types to get a more in depth crafting system that rewards them for spending more time crafting? I don't think this game is for you..
In my opinion that mini game is a perfect example of how not do it. It's just clicking at the right time at the right position. I can't imagine anybody having fun doing this.
If it would be something like hit your weapons at certain spots to gain certain adavantages it would be even fun to explore. But that mini game is a total waste of time.

Reactions: Xunila

Zbuciorn

Jun 3, 2020
I agree with you as crafter that adding more depth to the professions could be needed just opposing minigames when there is so much to be done with working around material lores and their usefulness instead.

Last edited:

jbrewer

Jul 20, 2020
I agree with you as crafter that adding more depth to the professions could be needed just opposing minigames when there is some much to be done with working around material lores and their usefulness instead.
I mean these aren't mutually exclusive ideas. They could prioritize adding diversity to material lores but that doesn't mean they can't add minigames a few months afterwards.

Reactions: Zbuciorn

Rhias

May 28, 2020
In my opinion a minigame would need the follwing:
- macro proof, or at least hard e.g. via moving, unpredictable elements.
- no dully repetative tasks
- result should be affected in a logical, but also in the beginning unpredictable way, to add depth to the crafting / exploring of new recipes.
- result should be saveable, e.g. as a recipe. So you can craft the same item again, without needing to do the same thing over and over again. But you can of cause do the same minigames unlimited times, to create other recipes.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
if you call such brainless minigames "more deph in crafting" your lost man sry.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
Interesting.

I think we shouldn´t underestimate the power of timing based minigames like we had in extraction.

Some player perfected the art of timing their appliances, running around while they were going. Other we just standing there, fully loaded with materials, starring at the machine. The latter then complained and the timers got reduced, taking away the whole idea.

This could be applied to crafting as well. Have 10 sword pieces in the smithy heating up, while beating out a helmet, then picking the swords up and so on.

So it would be a bit more like cooking in the kitchen. A good crafter get the sauce and pasta ready at the same time.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
Interesting.

I think we shouldn´t underestimate the power of timing based minigames like we had in extraction.

Some player perfected the art of timing their appliances, running around while they were going. Other we just standing there, fully loaded with materials, starring at the machine. The latter then complained and the timers got reduced, taking away the whole idea.

This could be applied to crafting as well. Have 10 sword pieces in the smithy heating up, while beating out a helmet, then picking the swords up and so on.

So it would be a bit more like cooking in the kitchen. A good crafter get the sauce and pasta ready at the same time.
thats a very good idea sir. I Press "F" to pay respect.

but with same quality outcome, only if you leave the sword to long in there or forget them and only if hit to often on the sword than it should be less quality.

that would be perfect and immersive, and balanced.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
If ruining the economy means offering quality wares at affordable prices, that's just free market capitalism.

I only sold fully lored equipment. If no one liked it, no one would buy it, but my gold stockpile says otherwise:p..
I'm presuming you're posting fullgrain leather because thats what you made your terrible overpriced cultists sets out of. I think if Star Vault was reading this thread carefully you'll have proved either exactly why your idea is terrible through your own actions, or that there needs to be a system to report and blacklist crafters from posting on the AH, or both.

jbrewer

Jul 20, 2020
I'm presuming you're posting fullgrain leather because thats what you made your terrible overpriced cultists sets out of. I think if Star Vault was reading this thread carefully you'll have proved either exactly why your idea is terrible through your own actions, or that there needs to be a system to report and blacklist crafters from posting on the AH, or both.
No one's FORCING you to buy my wares. And if my stuff was overpriced, why was it all sold out?

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I don't think you understand the simple concept of competitive=/=forced..
Perhaps I was a bit unfair to you. Allow me to explain my position more clearly.

Tools for real businessman like Ibarruri, Ichorus, Yeonan etc should exist to make their crafting more specialized and unique, like a seal of authenticity.

When star vault creates a system that the economy is deal with the above via pm's, buy from predatory merchant A thats selling you full grain leather heat gear for 8g or, deal with predatory merchant B whos selling ironsilk for 40g. Then I believe it is on star vault to create a better economic system than MO 1, and you're suggestion of high specialization is harkening back on to MO 1 and my feedback for them is to do the opposite of what you're suggesting.

Or

create a blacklist and review system for the broker or some sort of alignment system for crafters based on their customer reviews.

And before you challenge me on the free market, can we acknowledge that no free markets exist on earth, we've always felt the need to say "Hey mr.business you're no longer allowed to take advantage of us in such and such way". You may know them as "regulations".

jbrewer

Jul 20, 2020
Perhaps I was a bit unfair to you. Allow me to explain my position more clearly.

Tools for real businessman like Ibarruri, Ichorus, Yeonan etc should exist to make their crafting more specialized and unique, like a seal of authenticity.

When star vault creates a system that the economy is deal with the above via pm's, buy from predatory merchant A thats selling you full grain leather heat gear for 8g or, deal with predatory merchant B whos selling ironsilk for 40g. Then I believe it is on star vault to create a better economic system than MO 1, and you're suggestion of high specialization is harkening back on to MO 1 and my feedback for them is to do the opposite of what you're suggesting.

Or

create a blacklist and review system for the broker or some sort of alignment system for crafters based on their customer reviews.

And before you challenge me on the free market, can we acknowledge that no free markets exist on earth, we've always felt the need to say "Hey mr.business you're no longer allowed to take advantage of us in such and such way". You may know them as "regulations".
Auction House regulations will just make the game more hand holdy carebear. If you didn't like the product you are buying, why did you buy it? The sliders and weight are information already given to you after all. You can't just buy something, REGRET it, then spam negative reviews. Also, what's stopping people from false reviewing their competitors to remove competition via blacklist?

KermyWormy

May 29, 2020
California
Auction House regulations will just make the game more hand holdy carebear. If you didn't like the product you are buying, why did you buy it? The sliders and weight are information already given to you after all. You can't just buy something, REGRET it, then spam negative reviews. Also, what's stopping people from false reviewing their competitors to remove competition via blacklist?
The underlying problem in my opinion is that noobs who didn't know any better would buy your crappy gear for way more than it was actually worth, since you were making it with materials that were basically trash...like fullgrain leather apparently. Which, don't get me wrong, that's totally within your rights to do, it's just kind of trashy to purposely take advantage of new players who don't know any better, and take this stance that you're some great crafter/tradesman or whatever, when you were kind of the Chinese knockoff of craftsmen.

But none of this is much of an issue when there are enough people crafting and selling gear via accessible tools like the auction house that a new player can look and see the properties and prices and tell the good stuff from the stuff made from literal garbage. When they have options to choose from, the problem of trash crafters kind of sorts itself out.

Why did you make such trash gear anyways? Did you play all that time and never learn how proper gear was made?

Reactions: Rhias and Teknique

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
a big part of the problem is the lack of any decent market tools. the broker in mo1 was a joke. allow people to sort by defense/offense values, whatever bars show in the broker and the bad gear is known for what it is pretty quickly. if there was no way to be self-sufficient and most people had to rely on the broker or similar to get their gears, then just normal market forces will keep prices in line. noobs buying trash gear because they didnt know any better is a problem that mostly solves itself.

-barcode

• Love

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I didn't buy it, its a straw man argument. Some people bought it out of necessity or ignorance. Also you basically are saying they should've known better, they're noobs so thats not reasonable. The rest would be on star vault to make a balanced system, but like kermy said more clear market information would be beneficial, perhaps also including player notes about the quality of the item.

Also the free market is working. There's a reason you don't have a reputable business relative to the people I mentioned above and its due to nothing but your personal choices. But you do still have A market ripping people off and i'd like to see that go. I believe you have this market due to the high specialization you're suggesting.

The deposit system on the broker was also a huge part of the problem.

Last edited:

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
a big part of the problem is the lack of any decent market tools. the broker in mo1 was a joke. allow people to sort by defense/offense values, whatever bars show in the broker and the bad gear is known for what it is pretty quickly. if there was no way to be self-sufficient and most people had to rely on the broker or similar to get their gears, then just normal market forces will keep prices in line. noobs buying trash gear because they didnt know any better is a problem that mostly solves itself.

-barcode
Something strange happened in MO 1. In MO 1 nearly all of the crafters were basically predators. I think the only people more guilty than the player killers are the crafters. For some reason the ethical crafters were so few. In terms of people that put stuff on the broker I can only think of a few, Xunila sold quality bows, aloyssius (which was kbear?) sold decent horses at good prices, maybe you'd get a somewhat decent lyk from grimskull.

Far better was dealing with forum business like ichor or yeonan.

The knowledge that these items were junk wasn't enough when all crafters were colluding to sell trash for high prices.