Consequences for Murder

Torden

May 29, 2020
Reputation system in towns is good imo. However, murder counts is pretty irrelevant after someone has a house (Especially seeing as how sieging isn't possible in the near future). So really, there is not much dissuading people from murdering.

I recommend a system where, depending on your murder counts, you have a timer for reviving at priests in game. All priests. Including 'red' priests.

You can get resurrected by fellow guildmates who are spiritists, but in doing so they accept some of your sin and they get a single murder count themselves.

So this is the scenario. Lets say you have 10 murder counts and you die. You go to a priest and he says to go away as you're a foul spirit. You must wait a set amount of time based on these murder counts (Lets just say its 20 minutes per murder count past 5) So you'd have to wait 100 minutes. OR, you go to your guildmate and get resurrected, and they receive a murder count for resurrecting you. Priests inside keeps and other housing could work similarly, but the wait penalty may be less time as you've clearly purchased the service of that priest. But there should be a mechanic in game to make it difficult resurrecting an evil soul.

Thoughts? Inputs?

Thank you,

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
- you don't have access brokers
- you don't have access to stables
- you don't have access to crusher, refining over, or press
- you don't have access to utility vendor or magic vendor or grocery vendor or whtever vendor

I would happily trade all of that for stat loss. This is a pvp game and having to wait 100 minutes for pvp is a trash idea. Especially since we don't have proper war declarations and if some big guild is hostile to you, you may never kill anyone but your enemies and still go negative.

Kashikis

Feb 26, 2021
I like the fact there there is additional punishment for murdercounts as right now there is little to no actual consequences. I think 20 per murdercount is a bit extreme for my tastes maybe 5 minutes per count or less. But letting spiritists or guild priests res you to avoid this is a nice touch to make it not so punishing and bringing additional importance to those who take that skill.

Reactions: Torden

Torden

May 29, 2020
- you don't have access to utility vendor or magic vendor or grocery vendor or whtever vendor

I would happily trade all of that for stat loss. This is a pvp game and having to wait 100 minutes for pvp is a trash idea. Especially since we don't have proper war declarations and if some big guild is hostile to you, you may never kill anyone but your enemies and still go negative.
You can still enter towns with high enough rep if you don't murder in the area....
You do have access to player stables.....
You do have access to player crusher/refining/etc. Will have all this accessible when building housing....
And again, you can still enter town as a murderer if you have high enough reputation....

So, your point?

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
You can still enter towns with high enough rep if you don't murder in the area....
You do have access to player crusher/refining/etc. Will have all this accessible when building housing....
And again, you can still enter town as a murderer if you have high enough reputation....

So, your point?
There are no player stables. Crusher/refining are NOT available in player houses either, you'd have to pay a visit to GK/Kran - both controlled by people who don't like strangers - with full bags of resources and stand there for good 30 minutes in the middle of PK territory. And "high enough reputation" gan quickly go negative before you notice.

I maybe killed an innocent once in my 750 hours and felt guilty afterwards, yet i am constantly on the edge. Sometimes people simply can't participate in PvP and have to watch their guildmates rekt because if they do anything they'll be kicked from town and nobody wants that.

Reactions: Tzone

Tzone

May 16, 2021

So, your point?
Wait till you get a murder count because you need to defend your self from a ganker.

The system is set up to favor bad players like you who couldnt survive outside of towns. Not for us PvPers.

Reactions: Finnley

Torden

May 29, 2020
There are no player stables. Crusher/refining are NOT available in player houses either, you'd have to pay a visit to GK/Kran - both controlled by people who don't like strangers - with full bags of resources and stand there for good 30 minutes in the middle of PK territory. And "high enough reputation" gan quickly go negative before you notice.

I maybe killed an innocent once in my 750 hours and felt guilty afterwards, yet i am constantly on the edge. Sometimes people simply can't participate in PvP and have to watch their guildmates rekt because if they do anything they'll be kicked from town and nobody wants that.
This is implying of course that houses are set up as intended (With crushers/refiners/brokers/etc) so you dont need towns at all. I should have specified that.

However, it should be noted that the majority of people with murder counts, are absolutely the murderer's. Not innocent people defending themselves.

Torden

May 29, 2020
Wait till you get a murder count because you need to defend your self from a ganker.

The system is set up to favor bad players like you who couldnt survive outside of towns. Not for us PvPers.
'Defending yourself from a ganker' implies you were attacked first which would make them grey.... please enlighten me how you're 'defending yourself' when you are the one with a murder count.....

Tzone

May 16, 2021
'Defending yourself from a ganker' implies you were attacked first which would make them grey.... please enlighten me how you're 'defending yourself' when you are the one with a murder count.....
Thats not how it ends up happening, you will just end up being killed if you dont preemptively defend your self. Come back to the forums when you have some actual in game experience to share with us.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
I'm sorry but you probably need to actually play the game for more than what queue boss allowed you so far to start making suggestions. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Torden

May 29, 2020
I'm sorry but you probably need to actually play the game for more than what queue boss allowed you so far to start making suggestions. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.
Played since 2012 buddy, but k. Make a valid counterpoint to my suggestion instead of 'u DoNt kNoW BoUt Da gAmE'

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021

This, like not accessing towns is not enough punishment...

SilentPony

Nov 27, 2021
Murder is pretty much the only form of PvP currently. Why are people always trying to find ways to make PvP unplayable? How about giving murderers bonuses for actually playing the game? Like you go to town and sell the heads of people you murdered for gold and reputation gain.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
You can be a murderer yet still enter towns....Also the waiting 100 minutes was a suggested time I threw out. It was not a set in stone, double down, digging the trench hill to die on....

Well its clear murdercounts don't mean nothing but the privilege of accessing a blue priest or not.

Murderers can still access towns yeah but at expense of farming standing, which is time consuming.

Im really against adding arbitrary punishment-timesink mechanics, having to wait ingame for something to happen so you can keep playing has to be the most retrograde thing to add into a game.

Like i prefer the team to invest into tools for players to generate their own justice" rather than these half baked "solutions" for privating certain players from accessing the game itself.

The law system requires tweaks and more complexity but definitely not more dumbass timesink punishment mechanics. There is a reason in MO1 these kind of things that were implemented were almost completly bypassed by other mechanics and it was a way for SV and the community to accept that type of content does not work in Mortal's universe.

i just keep seeing this need of certain people to implement these arbitrary ideas into the game, strong limitations and time hardbrakes. This kind of things go against the nature of the game and people need to start thinking outside of the themepark steam library type of games.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2022

Torden

May 29, 2020
Well its clear murdercounts don't mean nothing but the privilege of accessing a blue priest or not.

Murderers can still access towns yeah but at expense of farming standing, which is time consuming.

Im really against adding arbitrary punishment-timesink mechanics, having to wait ingame for something to happen so you can keep playing has to be the most retrograde thing to add into a game.

Like i prefer the team to invest into tools for players to generate their own justice" rather than these half baked "solutions" for privating certain players from accessing the game itself.

The law system requires tweaks and more complexity but definitely not more dumbass timesink punishment mechanics. There is a reason in MO1 these kind of things that were implemented were almost completly bypassed by other mechanics and it was a way for SV and the community to accept that type of content does not work in Mortal's universe.

i just keep seeing this need of certain people to implement these arbitrary ideas into the game, strong limitations and time hardbrakes. This kind of things go against the nature of the game and people need to start thinking outside the of the themepark steam library type of games.
Would not say its 'Arbitrary' at all. It is an idea that makes sense. Just because you disagree with a suggestion does not make that suggestion 'Arbitrary'. But currently, there is really not much incentive to NOT murder. I believe there is definitely reasons to not grief in town via the reputation system, but this is specifically for murdering out of town. This isn't pvp online. its an MMO. Henrik has said himself multiple times that this game is much more. If someone doesn't want to fight you and is forced into defending themselves and you take shit from their corpse, you shouldn't have complete free reign to do so. chickens should come home to roost, and that is a risk you take.

Life should not be easy for a murderer

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I really still dislike this murderer term.

I mean people call open pvp sandbox the wild west, but in the wild west people had duels or shoot outs or whatever, but shit wasn't just crazy all the time. There was some purpose. There just needs to be some way to separate a bandit from someone who is fighting. Not saying both aren't legit playstyles, but they should have different outcomes and punishments. Unfort, it's really hard to program that into a system.

Someday, when we can log into the game we'll get it all figured out.

Reactions: Kashikis and Torden