Co-opting the MO1 Wiki to use for MO2?

Should we take over the existing MO1 wiki or use a new one?

• Use the existing MO1 wiki

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Make a new one from scratch

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
(Re-creating this thread since I think my post about this was locked due to necro'ing an old thread)

What do people think about just co-opting the MO1 wiki and converting it to be for MO2?

Mortal Online Wiki | Fandom

It already shows up as the top result on Google when you search for "mortal online 2 wiki", and has a lot of useful stuff like lore information and content that still applies to MO2. Also I personally would have a much easier time updating an existing Wiki rather than starting fully from scratch. My understanding is MO1 will be shut down on launch (in less than a month) so I'm guessing it wouldn't be used much past that point.

What made me get back on this was this wonderful Bakti map made my a user on Reddit. This type of stuff NEEDS to be in a wiki, not just buried in a reddit post.

(3) Bakti village | I might make more maps but I need some feedback. : MortalOnline (reddit.com)

If we do decide to update the MO1 wiki, is there any due diligence we should/person we should check with that created that one?

I think getting a wiki stood up prior to release is essential, as there is so much still that game doesn't tell you and people will immediately google for a wiki when they get lost, and I'm happy to start contributing, just starting one all my myself from scratch is a big ask.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
It already shows up as the top result on Google when you search for "mortal online 2 wiki", and has a lot of useful stuff like lore information and content that still applies to MO2.
Probably the most important consideration is the first one you mention.

Also, the content that does not apply to MO* any longer can be retained as history for those who want to look it up (wikis excel at keeping histories of changes, after all).

Reactions: Nefnate

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
Probably the most important consideration is the first one you mention.

Also, the content that does not apply to MO* any longer can be retained as history for those who want to look it up (wikis excel at keeping histories of changes, after all).
This. Convert away and store the old data in some dedicated back pages :D