Changes to swimming with last patch. EDIT

Malmsteen

Jul 29, 2022
Hi, my character can no longer surface while swimming. I wear 16.85 kg of armor. My swimming is maxed including diving, resistance swimming, and crawling. Two things happened before I noticed this change: the patch, and I also took the Alvarin swimming clade "Naiad". Before I could hold space bar and easily surface while submerged. Now holding space bar does nothing and I remain at the bottom of the water. None of my skills or equipped armor have changed. Only the patch, and the fact that I took the Naiad clade. I am tempted to reset my clades to see if the Naiad clade is what caused this, but I am going to wait for a dev response first before doing this.

EDIT:
I have done some further testing and I was wrong. The reason my ability to surface changed was due to my inventory weight. There appears to be thresholds where your equipped armor weight + inventory weight determines whether or not you can surface and also surface while moving forward, and how fast you can do these things.

Last edited:

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
That is more or less what happens to me before the patch, I jump into the water with 15kg of loot in my inventory plus 7kg of armour equipped. I sink instantly and no amount of attempts to resurface will keep me from drowning.

Probably working as intended.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Malmsteen

Jul 29, 2022
That is more or less what happens to me before the patch, I jump into the water with 15kg of loot in my inventory plus 7kg of armour equipped. I sink instantly and no amount of attempts to resurface will keep me from drowning.

Probably working as intended.
Is your diving, resistance, crawling maxed?

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Is your diving, resistance, crawling maxed?
I think my swimming is maxed, not sure about the other child skills. But having played MO1 for 8 years prior to MO2, I kind of know what SV may be trying to go for here when it comes to swimming.

Of course, MO1 was different in that regard, but maybe check with @Robmo or @Sebastian Persson if the change is intended?

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
Of course, MO1 was different in that regard, but maybe check with @Robmo or @Sebastian Persson if the change is intended?
Better still, send @Robmo to check with Seb / other Devils:

030119-1024x639.jpeg

That's his job.​

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I'm gonna lite derail here re:swimming. I think swimming needs work. I think it should be more useful. Again: I hearken back to Beta Naiad. I dunno how many of you guys tried that out, but JEEZ. Even at 50 it was insane. I really think there should be a skill that allows you to swim like that. Imagine jumping out of the water and then ganking someone then just fishing away lol. That's working as intended, that's flavor.

Swimming now I would say is most affected by armor wt. Due to my almost drowning testing. I have not drowned yet in MO2! superreal. But it's hard to climb out of the water. Just another grab ass w/ NO BRIDGES and horses that are afraid of a tiny river.

edit: anyway imo they nerfed the shit out of Naiad into just stam n breath or something, so might as well unspec it.

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
I don't think this was an intended change, the server changes changed alot of things we had to correct. This may be one of those things. I am informing the Devs to take a look.