Changes and Additions for more viable diverse builds.

Poruko

Dec 24, 2022
Hello , big fun of MO2 and MO1, I love the game so far and I feel like it will be really amazing once everything from MO1 will be implemented in the new game.

But I would love to see some changes and some additions, first and foremost to the way spellcasting works, its nearly impossible to do pve as a pure spellcaster without the use of pets or summons and that not so fun, It makes the game impossible to play pve as a mage without spending points in Domestication skills and many ppl including my self don't want to play mage/dominator or can't afford necromancy at the moment. Spell casting should be more mobile (casting while moving with a small speed debuff) or if that can't happen at least easier with 1 free hand (casting without the need to take off the weapon). That's for magic.

Now an other thing that would be amazing, interesting and could create an opening for new playstyles would be additional dex oriented skills , like dodge, rolls, rushing sprint or in general a good way for lightweighted fighters to spec in something more in character and gain a way to have extra perks while playing that said playstyle. Right now being lightweight is only a plus if you spec in magic, but assassin and rogue play style builds should be a thing, those skills should be ofc primary skills, not free, but they should exist for those who want to play a more rogue oriented style on foot while having new tools to be viable.

Those are my thoughts on those matters :)

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
If it wasn't in MO1 it wont be in MO2, but yeah not going to happen, but i almost agree that it would probably be broken if you could run and cast at the same time

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
A normal game dev company would expand on it's original implementation of combat in another intallment of the series.

Sv? Not so much.

Reactions: Doom and Gloom

Poruko

Dec 24, 2022
A normal game dev company would expand on it's original implementation of combat in another intallment of the series.

Sv? Not so much.
I thought so too but with the new beastmastery the dev team shows clearly that want to expand on new things and ideas, thats very encouraging. I hope they do add new agility playstyle options.

If it wasn't in MO1 it wont be in MO2, but yeah not going to happen, but i almost agree that it would probably be broken if you could run and cast at the same time

As for magic I know moving or not putting down a onehanded weapon while casting may break the already existing combat balance but that's not so bad, new balance can be established to counter balance such changes, if pve for mages wasn't so lame I wouldn't ask for such a change but for real its really bad. On foot casting for pve is impossible.

Poruko

Dec 24, 2022
Also directional dodge was a thing in MO1 , just not as well developed as I would hope to, if per say they add the same system but with new beautiful animations , a primary skill that creates and expands a dodge window while the action is activated and a debuff that slows down said dodge and makes the window much smaller depending the current armor weight and the extensive bag weight if any, then it would be the perfect option for a rogue like playstyle.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
pve in general is pretty lame, usually get on horse, if archer circle around enemy and shoot, if mage do strange lines and shoot, if melee, why?

Reactions: Doom and Gloom

Poruko

Dec 24, 2022
Yeah, in general mounted or beastmaster is easy pve, somewhat ok if on foot tanky , then everything else feels lacking hard when on foot.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Yeah, in general mounted or beastmaster is easy pve, somewhat ok if on foot tanky , then everything else feels lacking hard when on foot.

I can blow through a bandit camp on my footie pretty easily. Same for Risar camps. In some cases its easier, because you can do consistent DPS as a melee fighter.

Poruko

Dec 24, 2022
I can blow through a bandit camp on my footie pretty easily. Same for Risar camps. In some cases its easier, because you can do consistent DPS as a melee fighter.
Still impossible for a foot mage to pull off, even on foot fighters you need to be invested on heavy armors to do so. My main 2 problems with the game right now are foot mages inability to pve and the lack of rogue agility style skill options.
I want to be able to play foot mage pve without being a must to be a tamer/dominator/necromancer and I want to be able to build a true agile dagger rogue, with skills complimenting such a style adding agile options to the table. Right now we have movement speed and jumping and thats it...

Last edited:

Poruko

Dec 24, 2022
using pets in pve is a waste of time and gold
Not really , i tried pure mage pve and it was impossible, when I added dominate and domestication skills even having some fresh dire wolfs made pve a piece of cake, even with the lamest pets you just become pve viable as mage without lossing any time and gold as you said, what makes you viable is the aggro swamping between you and a pet, because otherwise you are stuck casting unable to move or parry while getting heavy blows by any npc that gets aggroed. My problem is I don't want to be a freaking dominator or necromancer to be able to pve as a foot mage... lol

Last edited:

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
would be nice a new magic school (easy to get similiar to ecu scrolls) to help in pve and pvp, cast in movement and release like ecunemical, 5 second spell hold before release instead 20sec ecu one. but little damage to players ..around 15-25 on 10psy toons, but 100% damage power to creatures. magic atm hits too much on warriors, i mean 50-70 damage is like hitting people with messing axes ahah. less damage but faster would be cooler, and the fact to cast in movement gives new pure wizards a chance to fight in pve.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Still impossible for a foot mage to pull off, even on foot fighters you need to be invested on heavy armors to do so. My main 2 problems with the game right now are foot mages inability to pve and the lack of rogue agility style skill options.
I want to be able to play foot mage pve without being a must to be a tamer/dominator/necromancer and I want to be able to build a true agile dagger rogue, with skills complimenting such a style adding agile options to the table. Right now we have movement speed and jumping and thats it...
I am not saying that it is great but it is possible to be a foot mage. Even in PVE right now. But you have to be a specific race, Alvarin. You have to be lean at the minimum, bulging at the largest. You can generally fit 2 magic schools easily on a dex mage build, Necromancy and Ecuminical are the common two. But I have seen spiritism and ecu fit. You dont need to be a tamer or dominator, or a dagger mage to do it. Is it easy, hell no, but it is possible. Unless you are bulging you will struggle with mana and you will spend more time kiting around then actually casting.

The problem with foot mages is there is absolutely ZERO crowd control spells. You have no way of slowing anything down or limiting movement of anything moving to attack you.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Mage is balanced in this game to be a group class. Which is good or bad depending on how you play. Just by design its going to suck at solo pve. And a big overhaul isnt going to happen. So theres no simple change they can make that will make mages good at pve and not broken in pvp.

My advice for any mage players, if you don't need the clade gift xp, just do anything else to make money. There's tons of ways to get gold that isn't direct pve. Gathering, extraction, buy and transport books, etc...

If you do need glade gift xp, and only play solo, switch to a hybrid to farm mobs. Or just run parcels. When you have enough clade gifts go back to full mage.

If you are in a group just heal team mates farming you steal tons of clade gift xp.

Doom and Gloom

Mar 12, 2022
Mage is balanced in this game to be a group class. Which is good or bad depending on how you play. Just by design its going to suck at solo pve. And a big overhaul isnt going to happen. So theres no simple change they can make that will make mages good at pve and not broken in pvp.

My advice for any mage players, if you don't need the clade gift xp, just do anything else to make money. There's tons of ways to get gold that isn't direct pve. Gathering, extraction, buy and transport books, etc...

If you do need glade gift xp, and only play solo, switch to a hybrid to farm mobs. Or just run parcels. When you have enough clade gifts go back to full mage.

If you are in a group just heal team mates farming you steal tons of clade gift xp.
Kind sounds like you are saying, if you are a mage, don't, which I agree with.

Poruko

Dec 24, 2022
There is no need for a huge overhaul, just spending primary points for the possibility to cast on the move (or to cast without putting your weapon down) is almost balanced by it self because you will have to sacrifice 90-100 primary point for such an option meaning you wont be able to spend them on something else. Purre mages shouldn't be excluded from solo pve...

Last edited:

Poruko

Dec 24, 2022
There is no need for a huge overhaul, just spending primary points for the possibility to cast on the move (or to cast without putting your weapon down) is almost balanced by it self because you will have to sacrifice 90-100 primary point for such an option meaning you want be able to spend them on something else and in the slightest chance it breaks the balance you can make it cut a percentage of your inflicted damage depending how much time while casting you spend moving around (or in case of we go with the weapon out combo just a slower casting speed or again lower damage)... Mages shouldn't be excluded from solo pve...

Poruko

Dec 24, 2022
Or they could add more simple utility spells that could help a mage do pve, like slow, fear, force field to parry and things like that.