Can We Give Horses More Stamina?

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Yo I actually did do a ride and such. Ran parcels. It's awful! I can really put the idea into words better now, I think.

I am not advocating for any changes to armor, except maybe more advantages to light armor.

The problem is you have 3rd speed which is NOT THAT FAST and 2nd speed which is SLOW and regens SLOW. Then you have 4th speed.

My thoughts would be this: leave second the trot that it is, but let it regain stam a lot faster, make 3rd into a near infinite travel speed, and have 4th be for people who are really trying to make moves and maybe INCREASE the cost of stam for that, So, add some level of skill play into it as well. But definitely the drain v speed in 3rd on most horses, even deserts... deserts w/o armor are barely ok lol vs how long you have to trot to regen even 70-100 is unbelievable. It's like 3 minutes lol.

Edit: Or make stam regen less quickly at breakpoints like 80-70-50-30 etc.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
The real solution to the map being too big is to make it smaller. Especially the right half of the map. Its literal aids. Just ghosting down the never ending mountain road from MK is insane.

I dont know what you're talking about I spent a little over 30min traveling from Meduli to the far east coast of Myrland. It isnt exactly huge.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I dont know what you're talking about I spent a little over 30min traveling from Meduli to the far east coast of Myrland. It isnt exactly huge.

even tho like I said I was lolololol massively OP when they put the horse speed on like MEGAMAX, then it was all good. Of course, it can't stay that way, but it can at least give us a bit less time trotting and more time running. I ran some parcels for 30 min. 30 min is not a long time. 1 leeg gm ish, 1 nba online game ish... but when you are fuckin slogging on a mount stamming up, it seems longer. I think that's the main idea of the post.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
even tho like I said I was lolololol massively OP when they put the horse speed on like MEGAMAX, then it was all good. Of course, it can't stay that way, but it can at least give us a bit less time trotting and more time running. I ran some parcels for 30 min. 30 min is not a long time. 1 leeg gm ish, 1 nba online game ish... but when you are fuckin slogging on a mount stamming up, it seems longer. I think that's the main idea of the post.

I would like to see the weight on the horse effect stam more. If you dont have much on the horse and you dont weigh much the horse doesnt burn that much stamina. But load a horse down with bags, armor and a 200kg person in armor that horse is going to wear out pretty quickly.