Can We Give Horses More Stamina?

Ichorous

May 28, 2020
Traveling between towns takes forever and it's pretty boring. Maybe that's intended?

I realize this may not be possible due to infantry vs cavalry balance considerations, but could we maybe get horses like twice as much stamina or double the speed of their stamina recovery?

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
They really messed up horses, basically putting them on tiers with no advantages for anything. Jungles used to be light so they could go 2nd speed pretty fast and not lose stam. The whole horse experience has fallen so far. It's good that OP MOUNTED isn't killing everything (kinda wack, def, when everyone has a copy of the same op mounts,) but where horses are is definitely not acceptable. There should DEF be a FAST RECOVERY horse breed. I thought Jungle would be but they just have less stam overall hehhh.

Traveling horses should def be a priority because in 1 we had some good ones. The ability to choose what you wanted from it was really nice.

A desert does pretty well, tho in terms of moving around. Everything else is trash.

Def mount diversity (and type!! GIVES US BACK DONK/LYK/MOLVA!!) is important for a game like MO, but...

Reactions: Jatix

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Multi passenger mounts are a must. Foot builds should be able to just hop on the back of an allied horse and chill. For one because it's a huge buff to foot builds. For another, because some players get sick of having to ride everywhere WAY faster than others. And the ones that get sick faster tend to be leaving the game faster.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
I'm ok with horses' stamina, but being a 100% footie i lose a horse in almost every pvp encounter, even those that i win. It really sucks when you're hauling 5 stacks of whatever and then lose your horse after a PvP that you've won, and the closest horse spawn in miles away and you may not even have taming.

We need DONKEYS, lots of DONKEYS everywhere, DONKEYS that aren't good for PvP and are slower than horses but don't require any taming to tame.

Please, SV. Donkeys. We need em.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
They really messed up horses, basically putting them on tiers with no advantages for anything. Jungles used to be light so they could go 2nd speed pretty fast and not lose stam. The whole horse experience has fallen so far. It's good that OP MOUNTED isn't killing everything (kinda wack, def, when everyone has a copy of the same op mounts,) but where horses are is definitely not acceptable. There should DEF be a FAST RECOVERY horse breed. I thought Jungle would be but they just have less stam overall hehhh.

Traveling horses should def be a priority because in 1 we had some good ones. The ability to choose what you wanted from it was really nice.

A desert does pretty well, tho in terms of moving around. Everything else is trash.

Def mount diversity (and type!! GIVES US BACK DONK/LYK/MOLVA!!) is important for a game like MO, but...

The issues are simple. We dont have the attributes the old MO1 mount system had available to it. And two.... we dont have all of the mounts.

The horses grade are simple.

1 - Desert horse.
Speed is king, and it has over 280 health and is the fastest horse by a fair amount. Along with its 1100 stamina pool it can cover huge areas in short amount of time.

2- Steppe horse.
Second fastest horse in the game, also the second highest health pool in game at 297 health. This with the most stamina pool available at 1200 it is capable of going further than any horse in the game, but due to it being almost 15% slower than a Desert horse not quite as far.

3- Jungle horse.
All around average horse, low health pool around 270, low stamina at 1000, low speed but not as low as others, really more like the Toyota Corolla of horses.

4- Mongrel horse.
This one is a truly average horse, more health than a Jungle, slower than a Jungle but not by much, more stamina than a Jungle at 1050. The Mongrel is one of the most practically impractical horses in game. They are often considered cheap throwaway horses and in many cases they are.

5- Jotun horse.
This is the worst horse in the game. While it has the highest health pool at 335 and a damage reduction of about 5% naturally. It is the slowest horse in the game. It has the highest stamina pool at 1300 but it is unable to use that pool because of its slow speed. It actually goes less distance than a desert horse at speed 3 on a full stamina bar and takes longer to do it.

At least in Mortal Online 1 each horse had advantages and disadvantages to them. Like the desert horse while fast struggled to carry 3.5 stacks of anything. While the Juton could easily carry 5-6 stacks making it a great pack horse. And honestly I am glad we dont have bull horses yet, they are so unbalanced that it wouldnt even be fun to deal with the 450 hit point monsters that they were. A horse with the most hit points, the second most stamina at 1250, and with the second highest speed, yeah they werent broken at all.

Raknor

Sep 14, 2021
Hyllspeia
The only horse that is in the right place is the Mongrel horse. This is because it is trash like it is supposed to be.

Would like to see things like a quicker turn radius for jungle horses. Different cargo capacities for all of them.

Jotuns just need so much love that I don't even know what to do to them. That high stamina is useless since not only the is horse so slow it depletes the stamina without moving that much but also the stamina regen is so slow you're forced to 1 step it to regain significant amounts. It is a glorified donkey with a niche use case (e.g. have them in your keep for a sortie against enemies outside? no other point for a horse that can't travel but is bulky that I can think of).

I also find it funny that the best horses are the most common horses. But that is SV balancing logic for ya "hey lets make these Jotuns only spawn in 3 places so they're rare... and then lets make them trash. Meanwhile the 2nd best horse in the game should be available at every turn"

Last edited:
Reactions: Banespike

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
The ideal solution to travel is to shrink the map. Which wouldn't have any issues seeing that its pretty much empty.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
I'm ok with horses' stamina, but being a 100% footie i lose a horse in almost every pvp encounter, even those that i win. It really sucks when you're hauling 5 stacks of whatever and then lose your horse after a PvP that you've won, and the closest horse spawn in miles away and you may not even have taming.

We need DONKEYS, lots of DONKEYS everywhere, DONKEYS that aren't good for PvP and are slower than horses but don't require any taming to tame.

Please, SV. Donkeys. We need em.
Alt idea, I wish a player could carry several stacks no mount. It bugs me that you HAVE to have a horse to carry literally anything.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Alt idea, I wish a player could carry several stacks no mount. It bugs me that you HAVE to have a horse to carry literally anything.

Ok I would love to see you walk a few miles with 500kg of stuff on your back. I would like to see you carry 500kg for any length of time.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Ok I would love to see you walk a few miles with 500kg of stuff on your back. I would like to see you carry 500kg for any length of time.
Game isnt realistic. Like how my guy with no backpack can instantly switch to having a poleaxe on his back from a bow, then switch to a mace and a shield. Wheres this shit coming from? Oh my magic backpack I'm not visibly wearing that also has the leather from some kids horse I skinned, a dogs fur, several walking dead heads, a few hundred longbow arrows, my extra sword, a massive tower shield over half my height, etc.

So they might aswell make it so you can actually carry materials. Forced reliance on mounts that die wicked easily is bad game design. You can win the fight but if your mount is dead you cant carry any actual materials because weight. But you can carry infinite shit as long as its technically under the weight, even though it would never fit in a backpack. So theres already some magic going on.

Also while I'm shitting on realism. You can walk up to a priest, kill yourself, resurrect seconds later, and skin your dead corpse and make robes out of your skin and a sword out of your bones. So the last thing I care about is that a stack of granum is too heavy and needs a horse. If people wanted the game to be realistic having stuff in your horse bags would slow the mount down. But that would play like garbage so nobody wants that.

• Haha
Reactions: Bicorps

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Game isnt realistic. Like how my guy with no backpack can instantly switch to having a poleaxe on his back from a bow, then switch to a mace and a shield. Wheres this shit coming from? Oh my magic backpack I'm not visibly wearing that also has the leather from some kids horse I skinned, a dogs fur, several walking dead heads, a few hundred longbow arrows, my extra sword, a massive tower shield over half my height, etc.

So they might aswell make it so you can actually carry materials. Forced reliance on mounts that die wicked easily is bad game design. You can win the fight but if your mount is dead you cant carry any actual materials because weight. But you can carry infinite shit as long as its technically under the weight, even though it would never fit in a backpack. So theres already some magic going on.

Also while I'm shitting on realism. You can walk up to a priest, kill yourself, resurrect seconds later, and skin your dead corpse and make robes out of your skin and a sword out of your bones. So the last thing I care about is that a stack of granum is too heavy and needs a horse. If people wanted the game to be realistic having stuff in your horse bags would slow the mount down. But that would play like garbage so nobody wants that.

It bothers me we dont have back packs either, but the same token I also have issues with any equipment slowing down horses but having zero effect on a player on foot. I mean you put a 4kg bag on a horse and it slows down by 3%... I put 4kg on a player with zero skills and they are uneffected by it.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Traveling between towns takes forever and it's pretty boring. Maybe that's intended?

I realize this may not be possible due to infantry vs cavalry balance considerations, but could we maybe get horses like twice as much stamina or double the speed of their stamina recovery?
I definitely agree, the map is obsene big and travelling can turn out to be really time consuming and unrewarding.
Higher stam pool would make extended travelling times have less resting time and making it way less time consuming.

It would be really good they added features to make the game less tedious and time consumming for a change.

And since they would be tweaking mounts i'd give naked horses a small speed buff for making escaping a more viable scenary against armored horses.

I'd also vouch for increasing base piercing armor stat for all horses by 10-15% and either reduce casting time for mounted mages or make em turn while casting cuz mounted mages are a joke against MAs, and lets not even mention MC.

The whole mounted scenary need a few minor changes for balance conflict just to get it to a ground level, right now it's bad, i don't have a clue why MAs havent been nerfed already it's a no brainer.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
The real solution to the map being too big is to make it smaller. Especially the right half of the map. Its literal aids. Just ghosting down the never ending mountain road from MK is insane.

D

Deleted member 44

I'm fine with the stamina tbh. What I would like to see is if they remove the speed penalty from armors and then revert the speed change back to when it was over 1000. They also need to increase the resource usage and defensive stats of the armor by 1.5x.

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
They can keep the map but just build it. Build it so that it goes into areas and then traveling area to area should be a big trip. However, you should be able to chill in your area. Even if they built up areas like TIN--KRAN, DESERT, GK MOUNTAINS, and JUNGLE and built them up to be interesting... unique creatures, pickables, POIs, ability to get good rep within the area.

I'm fine with the stamina tbh. What I would like to see is if they remove the speed penalty from armors and then revert the speed change back to when it was over 1000. They also need to increase the resource usage and defensive stats of the armor by 1.5x.

I almost agree, in some ways... Well, no. I disagree with removing the speed, imo that's bad. When stuff was going 1000+ I was like LOLOLOL, but back then there was a distinct diff between light and heavy armors. There needs to be more work on the stat array of most mounts assuming they work like MO. IIRC MO1 had some near infinite stam in 3rd gear mounts. All these samey mounts are the problem. 1-125, same stats, zzz.

I think AT LEAST they should make horses stats related to their level, at least give them like 5-6 different levels of 'goodness' as they level. There should be battle horses, courier horses, etc. That balance got kinda skewed when they changed the speed. If you can't just hit the jets and get away from someone in heavy armor in light armor, then you are BBQ.

But yea traveling the map is cool, and I do think stam options should be better. When a horse is in 2nd, it's slow, esp w/ armor on. It's not TOO SLOW. I mean, I don't go to GK haha, but duli to bakti, that whole area, I spend a lot of time going thru there.

You know all this rambling and the answer is prol as simple as he said, just make it regen faster. stam regens way too slow!! I'm a ride to 70 stam, regen person... so I know this.

Last edited:

ashshfsjhkdkk

Mar 21, 2022
This is actually a pretty good idea to decrease travel time and issues with the map size. They should increase the horses speed by 25% AND decrease the stam drain or increase the regen rate.

Bicorps

Jun 27, 2020
They cant increase speed .. server can barely keep up with the actual speed. Map is simply too big... like I said day1(I was wrong apparently).

all they had to do is to keep another continent on the side(that u can also spawn from haven) if they had too much population on launch.(hosted on another server)

At this point I feel like we should just let it go ... its like beating a stillborn horse.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
They cant increase speed .. server can barely keep up with the actual speed. Map is simply too big... like I said day1(I was wrong apparently).

all they had to do is to keep another continent on the side(that u can also spawn from haven) if they had too much population on launch.(hosted on another server)

At this point I feel like we should just let it go ... its like beating a stillborn horse.

hey hey... I am just trying to play again. Game's good, only gonna get better. Get ready for NEXT PATCH!! :D

and once again, just do stam. I should post a vid of watching the stam tick back up in 2nd. WHAT A JOKE. It's like counting to 1000 or 1200. I don't think anything needs to change but that.