bug or feature?

Grasthard

Nov 21, 2020
Okinawa
I am asking here as well because I could not get clear answers on discord.

the fact that you cannot logout on a horse in the wild, making the horse stay behind and die when you log back in (even few minutes to 1h later): is this currently a bug or a specific game design choice?

I am asking because it is the main issue which prevent me from logging in game recently. sometimes I need to log out of the game suddenly because of IRL necessities. in those cases there is no way to get to a stable in resonable time.

I know this is mostly a "casual" problem, but I think I am not the only one which can consistently play for 2+ hours every session. yes, some days I can play 5+ hours, but sometimes I just would like to log in and do some hunting/travelling in a bit of playtime. having the horse dying on you every time you log out in the wild, given the size of the map, makes it really frustrating.

Reactions: Rorry

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
It’s very annoying indeed. Wasn’t like this in MO1 so I hope it’s a bug. Hope it gets fixed soon.as it stands I don’t go out exploring much unless I have hours to play.
has anyone tried abandoning horse before logging out? Does the horse stay where you abandon it? Are you able to re tame it if you log back in later?

Reactions: Grasthard

Morwen

Mar 18, 2021
At some point you could logout with the horse on beta, so looks like a bug?