Votes: 18 66.7%
  • no

Votes: 9 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
that's a poor strawman argument ... who told you i couldn't spin my mouse or write a macro?
I just look at the future in the case this stays as it is ... and it is sad to look at ...
just look at reaction people who want to learn the game have when they realize this is melee pvp! (yes a good part of pvp is small scale) link is above.
not to mention all the motion sickness people will just bail out immediately ...
Show me a video of you playing normally and I’ll tell you if you’re capable of the aim required to do a spin and have it be meaningful. I could probably determine it just from you fighting a bandit

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I got a chance to watch the clip, and actually yes they need to bring back the REAL turn cap.

the problem was the avg mortal is player is so dong it could never work because they will be completely paralyzed.

It might not look like much on my screen, but you can see my opponents are hardly able to move.

This is how it should be though

Tzone

May 16, 2021
oh yes you can with macro/scripts
Use a macro to spin and you wont hit any player the is competent. They will just move out of the way since the macro doesnt also aim for you.

Whats even your issue if you claim its not having the skill to counter a easy to counter spin?

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
The hardware argument is fallacious. Sure you can do a 360 with a macro but it’s no substitute for natural ability and you can’t do the swing morphs with macros.

playing at super high dpi would be more detrimental than helpful as well.

as for making it a mechanic it’s rather binary. Either you can spin to some degree like now and people will complain or you can’t move and people will complain.
The precision required to get that “right” would be astronimical and that would only be right for the people who cry about spins in games and not for the quiet majority
I think you're a bit too bias here.

With a press of a single mouse button I have a friend who alters his DPI on the fly, so that in short moments where he needs to aim quickly or spin (or counter something like Turn Speed Cap) he can, before tapping the same button and going back to normal - so the macro/hardware is not fallacious - by the same notion that when the game is dark, people look to Gamma Settings.

As for 'making it a mechanic' I do not mean scrapping it and reinstating the literal ability to spin, I mean more simply, acknowledge that it exists and help form the combat around it, instead of leaving it in a grey area that let's people like us debate. Give it a 'home', so to speak.

It would not be so drastic as you say, spinning to some degree or not being able to move. They already have shown they can easily implement and alter a turn cap - which means they can generally monitor your characters positioning and movement. It would be as simple as watching for rotation: If player rotates more than 400degrees in X seconds, get debuff - with rotation defined as movement in a single direction (so that small movements left and right do not add up).

Reactions: Gulith

Gulith

Apr 5, 2021
Use a macro to spin and you wont hit any player the is competent. They will just move out of the way since the macro doesnt also aim for you.
if you don't know what you are talking about, why do you try to answer?
Do you understand script can be made to be organic?
Do you understand you are still able to orient and adjust your orientation while the script would be running?
Do you understand its timing would be perfectly calibrated, to include feint and random change swing?
and it will have fastest possible 100% execution with flakestone/jadeite/cronite katanas ...

Whats even your issue if you claim its not having the skill to counter a easy to counter spin?
your are still stuck on your strawman ...
when did i say the problem was about skill requirement?
this is just practice ... i mean even a full time mounted archer can learn it!
it's about its dumbness, especially if it goes full core meta!
visual dumbness, and logical dumbness ...
parry ping pong is already terrible, there is no need to add bullcrap over it ... both need to be addressed!
i understand the parrying system makes it a requirement to do bullshit like that, but that's not a reason to leave it all in that poor state, that will repel of lot of new players ... and not because of skill ...

Piet

May 28, 2020
And when you have cornered someone almost out of stam, one hit away, who will moonwalking&parry you for 30 seconds -> teamfight beyblade becomes the right move.
no one is talking about chasing someone and spinhit his back ...
no one is talking about blind spins during confusion ...
And what happens when the teamfight is down to 1v1 or 1v2?
-> teamfight beyblade becomes the right move.

i agree something needs to be done about parrying too.

people are just repeating over and over "this is not a teamfight tactic" : that's the only reason why it is not used in teamfights ... people just blindly follow the meta dictatorship.
used at the right moment in teamfights, and it's decisive, if you can finish off someone out of stam moonwalking&parrying instead of getting parried for 30 seconds, then you do it.
no one is talking about spamming spins in teamfights.
when spinmoves will become a second nature for people, then it will be used in any situation where it's pertinent : even in teamfights.

ah! i always forget your name ... i remember it's useless to talk sense into you ...
That's not the case. You can't use it on people who are moving much just sitting and blocking and if you use it in a team fight somehow still then you will be hitting your friends.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
just fix some animations (spear/pole default stance, stab and rightswing; maybe some other weapons too), and you wont have a problem with turning around.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Mortal Online is a lot of things, a skill based game it is not 99% of the time. Anyone that tries to make it seem like one is kind of cringe ngl. Absolutely nothing fair about fights in this game, but that's the beauty of the game really

tinklepee

Mar 3, 2021
When your weapon is drawn the game should set your mouse dpi according to armor weight-- 2000 for unarmored, 1200 light armor, 600 medium, and 300 for heavy.

Reactions: Gulith
Status
Not open for further replies.