Better Container Loot and More Mob Variety in Dungeons

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Dungeon crawling is one of the highlights of MO2 for me, but two things make it not as fun as I would have liked.

For one thing, I find that the loot in boxes, urns and chests are often very miniscule or otherwise useless. I find a lot of torches, a bunch of cuprum coins, or some Ecumenical scroll which I already have.

I think SV should put in more interesting and more valuable loot in the containers, like more types of vendor jewellery, gems and such. Maybe even very rare chance of a high-end item.

This will entice players of every skill level to come down to dungeons just to try their luck at obtaining these rare loot. As it is right now, I think a lot of maxed skill players come to dungeons like Fabernum sewers just to grind clade points or to look for pvp action.

The other thing I think would make dungeons more interesting is to have more variety of mobs inhabiting the dungeons. I get that dungeons like Fab sewers are meant to be more accessible to everyone, but that doesn't mean that it can't have more mob variety.

Instead of just scoundrel after scoundrel everywhere, why not have the fresh walking dead, giant spiders, deranged mages, and mini-bosses thrown into the mix? Even better, have it so that creatures that don't like each other may fight each other, or gang up on the player if they see them as a bigger threat.

I think these two changes would make dungeons even better.

Last edited:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Game is weird. Other day I was traveling about and killed some cougars, and then a fresh walking dead dynamic spawned in the middle of nowhere. It's like ok. haha.

I really want a TOWER, man. Can we get ONE legit tower or big castle with mobs in it? I think dungeons/farm spots should have secret entrances that smaller groups or solos can enter and either farm or harass. They should all have multiple exits. TBH, I wouldn't mind it if there was a huge catacombs under the MO map that you could use to travel.

The loot sux but if you pump it too much, people will just be camping it. I like keys or the idea of specs that let you get things. I mean if they just put shit on raw roll based on a skill like 'treasure hunting,' and you could only do it once every x amount of time, that would be cool.

I really feel the narrow nature of MO is holding it back. The best thing it has going for it is world, and yet the world is pretty jank in some ways. Def want under the GY stuff, tired of scoundrels as well. What if you go into a room and find some corrupt regular guards and have to fight them? :eek: There are many options.

There are big problems, too, but I mean fixing those things seems easier. I'm sure SV doesn't want more towers because of 'dimensional aggro.' That's probably why they make deep caves etc. Still, it could be as simple as making the mobs not aggro until A. you hit them or B. you step on an area that triggers them to be 'awakened' by moving up a floor or whatever.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
I agree second Level for Graveyards with Skepetons wearing swords, Liches + a small Necro Boss ?
Sewers could ahve some Veteran Bandits in some rooms. We could need Tribe rats with clubs.
Sator Dungeon could need Elementalism Guards, the Bulls and so on like in MO1.
Elementalism RIsars would be cool. Monsters that cast projectiles.
Necro Dungeon could have more different undead Pets.
Some different Minotaurs would be cool aswell.

For better Loot i recommend a black Market like in Albion.
so that the loot from the dungeons does not compete with the crafters and ruin their business. This would allow the game to have much more interesting loot drops, if the loot from Monsters got crafted by players.

The black market in Albion rummages through the broker's database and the number and types of items in the monster's loot pool. Most of these items are crafted by players in Albion. When many players are selling Risar Tungsteel Dagger and there are hardly any in the loot pool, the black market offers the crafters more money than they would get in the broker. If 5 Tungsteel daggers were sold to the black market NPC, he would destroy 3 of the 5 Tungsteeldaggers and add the 2 remaining daggers to the monsters' loot pool. These could then be refined with 1-2 magic stats and drop as unidentified items. Then the dungeon runs would be much more fun. The black market would have to be in a red city.

Last edited:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
For better Loot i recommend a black Market like in Albion.

This is really the problem. There should be a high level mob near a lot of places, even if it's just a few dudes in the midst of weaker mobs. It gives strong people a reason to hang out around nubby stuff (MO has this idea to separate, but I don't think it's right,) and it gives weak people something to worry about (not aggroing them) or possibly take a chance and see if they can get the W. The mob variety is a much more serious issue. Even taking loot out of the equation, there just isn't a lot of content meant for small groups. Everything I can do w/ 2 in MO that's not like dotting a troll or some other tanky MA mob, I can do almost as easily w/ 1 and get 100% gains.

Having more caster mobs, having mobs peel, I mean they can't be that complex of a command. In 2k (basketball) they have advanced coach commands you can issue. Haha, haven't really messed w/ it too much, but you can do situational IF-THEN. It could be a situational IF mage is x health mobs switch to the last person who hit the mage. Then we could get magi that HEAL EACH OTHER proper :eek: Create bandit/humanoid groups that give good enough loot + all come at once.

Bandit bowman is potent. That kite they do is raw cheese tho. But ranged mobs are muahhh. Ranged non charge mobs. They could build some really tough combos of just bandits, the thing is they have to make the loot drop FROM the bandits, not some PoI, and it needs to be consistently decent (but not good enough for strong groups,) and possibly good. Like you should be able to pull a gold trink from bandits. Bandits and the-like are very under-used. Like I said, caster mobs. Dunno if we are ready for sator bowmen and casters risars... but maybe it's time? Risar casts a flame strike for 15 dmg then it's out of mana :eek: