• axe

• pole axe

• spear

• other ?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bladeer01

Aug 1, 2021
so , question is in the title

what is for you the best close quarter combat weapons type for pve ; please argument you point of view and explain :)

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Face hugging? Dagger. If you manage to get someone stuck up against a wall and start your stabbing frenzy, unless they have a dagger themselves its incredibly hard for them to do anything but parry or get handle hits.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Axe is best DPS for PvE. Daggers are all around bad. Anything you can do with a dagger a spear does but with also a longer range.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
Depending on what pve, some monsters are easier in cc with a spear than with a sword. It heavily depends on what youfighting against.
But in MO1 one of the most fitting for most monsters was the spear.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
I remember using daggers to solo farm mino's back in mo1. But I did have a really strange build back then... Knockdown resistance, Heavy armor and pilfering lol. I was the rustler.

In PVE you can probably make anything work as long as it deals damage.

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
Personally, I find anything with reach annoying. Too many handle hits because of awkward hitboxes and erratic mob movement.

I like Swords, both 1h and 2h. After that, axes, then spears - each with the shortest handles available.

Swords are mostly blade and easiest to land, IMO. On top of having all four swing directions do damage.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Well you can't face hug with a spear, so I guess the dagger beats it there.
You can face hug with a spear. The sprea can be inside of the other players body and you still get hits.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I wanted to do daggers, but I might try a shield w/ them. Dunno what the stam would be. Someone suggested shields cuz I think parrying is WACK, and I was like heh, but w/ a dagger hmm. They made 'hand' hits with daggers. If you could move around people and stab them without them center blocking everything, it would be cool. But yea it's good pressure. Also yea the sword you can hug inside, too. I wonder, cuz I'm not a spear user, if a spear can really face hug like a sword. cuz you can straight up encircle someone and hit them with / swing. TING!

But I do agree that Axe was always fun for pve. Now that most mobs other than like bandits and such can run you down, a lot of weps aren't as viable (I used to kite everything and sword them cuz everything moved more or less like a zombie... now the main idea vs a lot of mobs is just parry and hit back, and at that point, having a heavy wep is OK.

I dunno if I'd recommend Daggers for PVE but I need more exp, I need a dagger, too! I need a WS dagger, have 130 dex :eek: wtb
No reason to have a shield except for arrows but even then movement is the better fix for that. Shields cost extra stam when you use a weapon with it.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Yep and I'm pretty sure they add to armor weight. I'm trying not to cheese, but I got epic jump, that might have to be the one cheese I start doing.
It doesnt add armor weight. I most of the time only use a shield on my mage to not have armor weight.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
nice! Dude it would be worth it then tbh. lol. I mean how much stam are we talking... with a freaking dagger?

unless it massively screws your animations, but again... with a dagger.
Daggers tend to use more stam then spears in PvP at least. And then shield adds more to it. I feel its like double the stam.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Shield does give you equipment hits and covers your back when you are running away. If you are already using a dagger might as well try a shield, its basically free and don't need any skills. 🤷‍♂️

Belegar

Oct 16, 2021
Face hugging? Dagger. If you manage to get someone stuck up against a wall and start your stabbing frenzy, unless they have a dagger themselves its incredibly hard for them to do anything but parry or get handle hits.

You are going to facehug a Minotaur??

• Haha
Reactions: Nefnate