Best Foot Archery Build?

cuervo de sombra

Apr 12, 2021
A lot of discussion about this one since it seems that foot archery is even viable with a Alvarin with their +20 Strength Bows clade. I was curious as I know everyone plays Ogh for archery. I also see a lot of people choosing Humans and Thur for foot archery. Now in your opinion what do you find to be the best foot archer?

Lashaniqua

May 28, 2020
38 veela veela imo. you get 90 str but for bows you can use 110. marginally faster than the footfighters so if you play around their stamina you can get pretty easy kills

Weathermore

Apr 5, 2021
Defiitely Alvarin. Veela, shoot for max strength. But dex isn't great at the moment, so until that's changed I wouldn't necessarily recommend it.

Og with 87 dex and max strength is still great. Or Thursar is good too. You won't have a ton of movement speed difference.

Human I think makes one of the worst foot archers overall.

cuervo de sombra

Apr 12, 2021
38 veela veela imo. you get 90 str but for bows you can use 110. marginally faster than the footfighters so if you play around their stamina you can get pretty easy kills

Just to be sure I'm correct here age 38 not 23. Because I only see Strength 90 on age 23 after age Clade.

May 28, 2020
Can you really kite someone who is just focused on going after you with archery as Veela?

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
I need to log in to test on his character for sure, but at least with my friends test vs mine, my thur gets way better stam than my friend does on his sheev, both using bottom str shortbows for best stam.

To anyone who doesnt know, the way bow stam worked in mo1, is that for your strength theres a best stam strength req bow. Going below that doesnt help. higher str builds have a higher best stam str req.

In mo2, it seems like higher str characters have a better stam at their best stam bow than weaker builds. My thur gets better shortbow stam than my friends sheev, even though he doesnt get better stam from using a weaker bow (so the bows are within both of our best stam str req's). I havent tested this in a while, so it could be changed. But because of this I'd never roll alvarin foot archer.

Also if you cna stand in the back and shoot you can use way higher str bows for noticeable increase in max hit as thur/ogh. I'd vote thur over ogh because more speed and better foot fighter if needed.

Reactions: Waalan

Lashaniqua

May 28, 2020
Can you really kite someone who is just focused on going after you with archery as Veela?
ive won quite a few 1v1s using a shortbow for stamina conservation and once they are regaining stam just unload. costs nothing to draw it back basically
i have 350 stam but just bait their weapon swings and drain them. pop shots if they try to regain stam, but thats semi abusing a bunch of clade gifts like standing still u regain more stam and the speed buff.

cuervo de sombra

Apr 12, 2021
Thank you for everyone's input btw!
ive won quite a few 1v1s using a shortbow for stamina conservation and once they are regaining stam just unload. costs nothing to draw it back basically
i have 350 stam but just bait their weapon swings and drain them. pop shots if they try to regain stam, but thats semi abusing a bunch of clade gifts like standing still u regain more stam and the speed buff.

Impressive! So as long as the strength is 90 because Age 38 doesn't give me 90 Strength. Only age 23 does.

grilo

Aug 12, 2020
Thank you for everyone's input btw!

Impressive! So as long as the strength is 90 because Age 38 doesn't give me 90 Strength. Only age 23 does.
Its because the moment you get in the game Theres a clade gift That removes heavier penalties from age... He is giving you a build That assumes you Will take That perk... And honestly its a pretty good one

cuervo de sombra

Apr 12, 2021
Its because the moment you get in the game Theres a clade gift That removes heavier penalties from age... He is giving you a build That assumes you Will take That perk... And honestly its a pretty good one

Just realized that yes this is the other build that gives you 90 Strength. Also realized this is a good build if you want to go full range combat with magic. I'm going to try it out! Thank you Lashaniqua!