bandage mechanic, make pvp great again

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
I would like to share my pvp experience with you and understand your opinion.

I like pvp a lot, but I also like to venture alone in search of action and luck, but when it happens to fight more enemies even quite scarce, I find it really difficult to distance myself and heal myself with bandages. on most occasions you end up parrying and running out of stamina and dying. the mechanics of the bandages favors the group with more people, benefiting the attackers. in so many fights I can't even use a single bandage before I die( if there isn't a mage ready to heal). MO1 had this advantage, you could use the bandage and block immediately without those 5 seconds where you can't do anything. obviously the waiting time to bandage was longer.

I would like to be able to heal and parry immediately with the disadvantage of waiting longer for another bandage rather than not being able to use them at all.
i think it will make the game more dynamic and funny, helping people in minority.

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
they added that fancy healing animation without thinking thats a pvp game. In small scale fights bandaging = DIE or let die your friends.

For Sure

Jun 25, 2021
I would like to share my pvp experience with you and understand your opinion.

I like pvp a lot, but I also like to venture alone in search of action and luck, but when it happens to fight more enemies even quite scarce, I find it really difficult to distance myself and heal myself with bandages. on most occasions you end up parrying and running out of stamina and dying. the mechanics of the bandages favors the group with more people, benefiting the attackers. in so many fights I can't even use a single bandage before I die( if there isn't a mage ready to heal). MO1 had this advantage, you could use the bandage and block immediately without those 5 seconds where you can't do anything. obviously the waiting time to bandage was longer.

I would like to be able to heal and parry immediately with the disadvantage of waiting longer for another bandage rather than not being able to use them at all.
i think it will make the game more dynamic and funny, helping people in minority.
You missed the crack pipe days when 1vx was possible. Then a bunch of bad players cried, and it got nerfed to the ground. Imagine being mad that you couldn't 1v4 somebody lol.

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
Bandaging is rarely done in most fights which make the use of it hilarious, especially if going against a mage. There should of never been an animation for it.

The most it should of done is put your weapon away then pull it back out after it had started.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
The most it should of done is put your weapon away then pull it back out after it had started.

Lol, no.

Fights need more danger, not be a fps version of WoW arena heal fest.

Bandages are fine where they are. Change how magic healing work instead.

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
You
Bandaging is rarely done in most fights which make the use of it hilarious, especially if going against a mage. There should of never been an animation for it.

Indeed.. Everything that slows down the pvp is bad, its the same when you try to fight some mounteds.. Pop bandage and get free hits.

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
Lol, no.

Fights need more danger, not be a fps version of WoW arena heal fest.

Bandages are fine where they are. Change how magic healing work instead.
Never played Mo1? We are not talking about insta heals from bandags, but the ability to parry or attack after 1 second u poped the bandags. U get hit anyway probably and heals get nerf eventually.. But at least gives you the chance to parry.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
You missed the crack pipe days when 1vx was possible. Then a bunch of bad players cried, and it got nerfed to the ground. Imagine being mad that you couldn't 1v4 somebody lol.

4v1? You still can if you separate. We get shrekt by one or two dudes all the time in Bakti. haha. We learnin' tho.

also:

on most occasions you end up parrying and running out of stamina and dying.

^ rip, lucky you can parry. U died. Stop it with these anti-zerg mechanics. If you are fighting multi people 1. Separate them. 2. IF they are tight, use your epic gamer skills to use their bodies to make them hit each other. It's not failsafe and yea magic does make it harder... but... it is a game. A body is a body, goin thru the rye. More people = better. You can't take that away without fucking up the game, and they have already fucked it up enough trying. STOP.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Never played Mo1? We are not talking about insta heals from bandags, but the ability to parry or attack after 1 second u poped the bandags. U get hit anyway probably and heals get nerf eventually.. But at least gives you the chance to parry.
You say that as if that is a good mechanic.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
One more thing, gonna quote mirt here, get ready @oykd , who was saying this in MO1 re: zergs and beating zergs. People were just utterly trash, the new guys like Bakti new players + me haha or + maybe whoever else is stupid enough to give up their gear, are still getting bodied. People just have a level of general knowledge of how to not get scraped out.

But yea I know you dudes played MO1 and I know (assume) you guys were really good (?), the same stuff still works except y'know normalization, magic, and parry... BUT WAIT, didn't they put that stuff in as anti zerg to make the game more skill based :eek:!!!

I'd argue most people aren't gonna whine about getting beaten by one guy because they don't wanna cop to it. lol. I can tell people ez where they fucked up if they are getting ready to whine, too. People whine too much. DO NOT ENGAGE the zerg... run run run... then if someone gets a little bloodlust, scrape them out, don't loot, then run run run, repeat. Hold up gotta move on to the is kiting possible thread and then I'm going to smash a concrete block w/ my head.

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
One more thing, gonna quote mirt here, get ready @oykd , who was saying this in MO1 re: zergs and beating zergs. People were just utterly trash, the new guys like Bakti new players + me haha or + maybe whoever else is stupid enough to give up their gear, are still getting bodied. People just have a level of general knowledge of how to not get scraped out.

But yea I know you dudes played MO1 and I know (assume) you guys were really good (?), the same stuff still works except y'know normalization, magic, and parry... BUT WAIT, didn't they put that stuff in as anti zerg to make the game more skill based :eek:!!!

I'd argue most people aren't gonna whine about getting beaten by one guy because they don't wanna cop to it. lol. I can tell people ez where they fucked up if they are getting ready to whine, too. People whine too much. DO NOT ENGAGE the zerg... run run run... then if someone gets a little bloodlust, scrape them out, don't loot, then run run run, repeat. Hold up gotta move on to the is kiting possible thread and then I'm going to smash a concrete block w/ my head.
?

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Yes, Stam is already bad. And yes, no healing animation and slower cd is better than faster cd and animation 5 sec.
Nah, just makes it into a frustrating and sad looking "gotcha" heal.

I'd rather they get a proper handle of things rather than doing band aid additions that will look and feel like dog shit.

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
Nah, just makes it into a frustrating and sad looking "gotcha" heal.

I'd rather they get a proper handle of things rather than doing band aid additions that will look and feel like dog shit.
Yes, bcause moving hands like macarena in mid fight looks nice. when u try to bandage its a death sentence. 5 seconds in a fight feels to much imho

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Yes, bcause moving hands like macarena in mid fight looks nice. when u try to bandage its a death sentence. 5 seconds in a fight feels to much imho
Probably you shouldn't do it mid fight but it works fine when kiting.

Kameyo

Aug 14, 2020
In MO1 guys could bandage over and over in duels if you were out of weapon range you could easily get one off. In MO2 I see many hybrids who don't even have the skill because it's faster to just cast a heal.

It's easier for fighters to kill fighters but gives more advantage to mages and hybrids.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
super hack, surprise people in duels by running AT them and bandaging haha. Magic and parry are two sides to the same WACK coin. The problem w/ sustain is you guys think it favors individual skill, but I think you are looking at things the wrong way. I think more DMG favors individual skill. Friendly fire? Hurts more. Less time to burn someone down, one man of the zerg down. But people are thinking too 'self-centered' when they believe that sustaining isn't going to favor a zerg, more people that are harder to kill yessss.

Magic dmg is a bit high, but I think it's because people are fat? I dunno. It's still a bit high, but if you put that at about avg dmg. Instead of like 25s and such, like good weps hit harder. Slash absolutely smushes lite armor, etc. Then people are dropping faster. That means you can focus someone down quickly and get back out.

I don't understand why you guys wanna be bandaging w/ one hand and parrying w/ another and then think that's going to make the game favor you more. no, you're gonna have 30 people doing the same thing haha.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
30 people can already do equal to that by being covered or peeled by their group and have plenty of time to bandage.