bandage mechanic, make pvp great again

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

wat up haha.

Well a lot of top tier melee fighters are asking for it so why not. Its not like the devs are the expert in mo2 combat. I dont really see any top tier PvPers saying the current bandage is great, its either indifferent or against the current status quo.

I dunno, man, can we just fix the other parts first then see what's up? haha. You can't fix everything at once. Anything that is + sustain atm is a bad look no matter how it might favor someone individually. Maybe there are people who would hugely benefit from the system being changed, but it's still a self heal. One thing we can agree on FOR SURE, that everyone is saying is that Magic is OP, but we really need to go in and do the knowledge as to WHY that is. If you look at all of the dynamics causing that (And it's not just raw dmg) then fix those, then we can re-look at bandages, but self heals man, they aren't supposed to carry you. Again @ bdo... self heals are super aids. Dudes on the ground w/ their infi pots getting extra heals when they are on their back. Bandage system is nice because you need to space. If you can't space u ded. The IDEA of bandages and how they work is very sound, IMO, but I can't say it's all perfect... however, I can say for a fact that changing stuff like that as it is... that is changing them before we address more core issues... will just make the game more fucky.

PS: @ face popping bandages, you CAN as soon as someone target switches and run into the battle while you are wrapping your arm and have your wep out in time to fight.

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
It's not like it takes a ton of skill to gain enough room to bandage. I can gain enough room on a 25 dex character when outnumbered even and I suck at the game. It's just a bad habit to insta bandage when you shouldn't. Once you get rid of that habit and you start punishing people who do it you can use it to take out people when you're outnumbered more than anything.

I'd really have to see a video of this.

Genuinely.

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
Another thing I have to add, if you're somehow juking people at 400 combat speed (25 dex, the fastest you can be is an alvarin + clades) which is 19 combat speed slower then a Thursar Kallard, you're either fighting in some huge groups where people can sometimes straight up ignore you, new players are your opponents, or your genuinely teleporting around from bad latency.

I just... REALLY don't buy that. So I think I'm gonna have to take the see it to believe it path on that one.

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
I have already suggested reverting bandages to work like they did in MO1 and also crackpipes. For the exact same reasons. But shit players will always complain and try to push the game in an utter trash direction. Kind of like how absolute trash players kept saying that pets, mounted and fatmages were perfectly fine.

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
I have already suggested reverting bandages to work like they did in MO1 and also crackpipes. For the exact same reasons. But shit players will always complain and try to push the game in an utter trash direction. Kind of like how absolute trash players kept saying that pets, mounted and fatmages were perfectly fine.

Listen to the dentist, he knows what's up.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Sounds exactly like the opposite of what has always happened.

Reactions: Najwalaylah