Are you concerned about the infrequency of updates?

Are you concerned about the infrequency of updates?

• Total voters

Soothsayer

Nov 12, 2020
After a ton of attention I realize the team is hard at work making changes, but look at the forums, the discord, and twitch. I honestly don't understand how there is not at least a small amount of communication on a daily basis after getting the biggest hype in Mortal Online history.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Release schedule is fine but they need to THINK about the order they are releasing things. For instance, if the next update doesn't come with horse armor, to be frank, don't fucking bother Starvault. Mounted combat is useless until we get tankier mounts and mount armor. Nobody is going to charge into enemy ranks on a horse that will die before it reaches the enemy in small group PvP.

So if you need to delay it do it right, then DO IT RIGHT, or wait until you can. Stop implementing half-assed mechanics that don't work without the interaction of other systems that aren't in-game yet. If you gave us bull horses that use the steppe horse skin but have more bull-horse stats and a set of temporary mid-tier vendor mount armor (like you did with bows) we can throw on it, we could start to test mounted combat SOMEWHAT properly at least.

Last edited:

GoldenGecko

Mar 14, 2021
I'd like to see starvaults picture of how each system is interconnected. I was surprised when I first logged into the stress test, and found that crafting was in game but they hadn't finished the markets in each city. Same with taming. Why put taming in the game if I can't sell the animals and horses I collect.

It seems me that in a sandbox MMO you build the crafting, economy, and trading as a basis to support your combat system.

StreamerLord

Dec 2, 2020
It will be years before this game resembles anything close to a finished product. Or has the majority of the features the old game had.

Moebius

Nov 29, 2020
You guys are huffing copium fumes to the point you sound like your constant pursual of some kind of logic from SV is just funny given the context and the people in the community still.

You guys know that game that came before MO2? Yeah, the updates on there were so far apart and sporadic with little to no dialogue going out about what was being done and when questions or concerns were raised SV ignored them.

But so many times since MO2 has 'come out' people have high lighted many issues regarding the old design of some things like trying to force players to once again play on a single server when it clearly effects people's playstyles even though people will just eat it up that it doesn't. Or the fact half the game is stitched together unreal engine store assets. Has anyone noticed how combat still sucks and we were promised new additions to it yet they never came?

The game is downright boring, it's going to cost a sub plus a buy to play fee which is going to deter a lot of people and compared to the old mo1 system of accounts and character slots this is done to get more money out of players.

Not to mention, I have a feeling SV even though they delayed back in December - will release mo2 much earlier then what's smart and make people pay once again a ridiculous price for an unfinished product.

There are so many game breaking bugs in the game both known and unknown, and more than likely some waiting to be created in the future.

But all I have ever seen on the forums, discord, and ingame is how vehemently people will accuse players or defend the game tooth and nail.

MO2 is such a dead on arrival title. A lot of the popular streamers, even though MO2 isn't their preferred game or genre, saw right through a lot of the issues or don't even know the history of Star Vault or played long enough to truly begin understanding all the big problems.

MO2 at best will be a game that will get a lot of attention in release because nothing else is out right now and I think it will go to

TL;DR

MO2 was a chance to start over, and it was squandered on making bad decisions for a foundation for a game.

1. Payment model is outdated, and honestly laughable given the product won't be finished. (Buy-to-play and a sub fee.)
2. Single server forcing players to deal with latency issues.
3. Terrible combat. More linear then MO1 combat.
4. Skill ceiling lowered dramatically.
5. Speed being normalized has made the game more casualized.
6. Crafting carries nearly the same if not identical values from MO1. Meaning no new theory crafting.
7. Many in-game assets are bought and poorly stitched and dropped in. Resulting in towns not resembling their original looks, buggy, and unoptimized.
8. AI is horrible.
9. Updates are not on time or clear.
10. Promises of features being removed, fixed, or revamped never come. Is only said to keep people 'hooked. (Combat changes).
11. The community holds too much sway through voicing in a vocal minority in regards to actions taken. Which causes a lot of un-needed changes.

I could list more but I don't see this game going anywhere. Not to mention some of the reasons would be considered 'rule breaking' so throw censorship being used at inappropriate times. I know someone out there will read it and say to themselves "good stop complaining and leave." Way ahead of you honestly. Don't think I'll ever touch this game again unless a complete 180 plus 20 miracles happened.

Don't think I can give the game the effort or time for such a boring, trivial, teeth grinder of a game.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
It's served as a platform to bring together one of the coolest groups of people we've ever lead. I hope to enjoy this game with them for many years to come. But if the game falls through / is dead on arrival we'll pick somewhere else to go as a group.

I don't think many people in this community are dumb enough to believe this game is immune to failure and I'm personally not predicting it will ever be more than a niche MMO. But your guild being gone is doing nothing but make this game better and your constant raging is quite amusing. Bye Felicia.

Lenny

Dec 11, 2020
You guys are huffing copium fumes to the point you sound like your constant pursual of some kind of logic from SV is just funny given the context and the people in the community still.

You guys know that game that came before MO2? Yeah, the updates on there were so far apart and sporadic with little to no dialogue going out about what was being done and when questions or concerns were raised SV ignored them.

But so many times since MO2 has 'come out' people have high lighted many issues regarding the old design of some things like trying to force players to once again play on a single server when it clearly effects people's playstyles even though people will just eat it up that it doesn't. Or the fact half the game is stitched together unreal engine store assets. Has anyone noticed how combat still sucks and we were promised new additions to it yet they never came?

The game is downright boring, it's going to cost a sub plus a buy to play fee which is going to deter a lot of people and compared to the old mo1 system of accounts and character slots this is done to get more money out of players.

Not to mention, I have a feeling SV even though they delayed back in December - will release mo2 much earlier then what's smart and make people pay once again a ridiculous price for an unfinished product.

There are so many game breaking bugs in the game both known and unknown, and more than likely some waiting to be created in the future.

But all I have ever seen on the forums, discord, and ingame is how vehemently people will accuse players or defend the game tooth and nail.

MO2 is such a dead on arrival title. A lot of the popular streamers, even though MO2 isn't their preferred game or genre, saw right through a lot of the issues or don't even know the history of Star Vault or played long enough to truly begin understanding all the big problems.

MO2 at best will be a game that will get a lot of attention in release because nothing else is out right now and I think it will go to

TL;DR

MO2 was a chance to start over, and it was squandered on making bad decisions for a foundation for a game.

1. Payment model is outdated, and honestly laughable given the product won't be finished. (Buy-to-play and a sub fee.)
6. Crafting carries nearly the same if not identical values from MO1. Meaning no new theory crafting.
7. Many in-game assets are bought and poorly stitched and dropped in. Resulting in towns not resembling their original looks, buggy, and unoptimized.
8. AI is horrible.
10. Promises of features being removed, fixed, or revamped never come. Is only said to keep people 'hooked. (Combat changes).
11. The community holds too much sway through voicing in a vocal minority in regards to actions taken. Which causes a lot of un-needed changes.

I could list more but I don't see this game going anywhere. Not to mention some of the reasons would be considered 'rule breaking' so throw censorship being used at inappropriate times. I know someone out there will read it and say to themselves "good stop complaining and leave." Way ahead of you honestly. Don't think I'll ever touch this game again unless a complete 180 plus 20 miracles happened.

Don't think I can give the game the effort or time for such a boring, trivial, teeth grinder of a game.

I am not commenting on your other points because im not sure how my opinion overall is for them, but atleast for your first point i know.

I dont really see an issue there. Its a monetisation decision that comes with its down and upsides.
No monetisation System in any regards is perfect for each player and there expectations, but with a sub fee you basically now beforehand that you can play the whole game and its content without any other paywalls or "convenience quality of life bullshit".

The Buy-to-play price is arguable, because SV doesnt have the reputation that other studios have to demand such high barrier of entry with a Buy-in followed with a sub fee (e.g. Blizzard, Amazon or what else)

Also, lets give SV the benefit of the doubt, that they will release MO2 and its monetisation in a finished product with the systems implemented are consistent with each other.
I played MO1 for a long time (since steam release) and i know their update schedule and communication problems to the players, but currently with MO2 and what they have done communicating, through the website and Henriks streams, i am not worried a bit.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Stop implementing half-assed mechanics
This is a big one. Before we were even able to play MO2 alpha, I remember talking to the devs and they were saying they learned from their mistakes in MO1 and when building MO2 systems would be tested and polished before moving on to new ones. This clearly hasn't been the case and is one of the biggest things I'm concerned with.

We have so many half assed mechanics in the game right now. We don't even have all the CLADE gifts. HOW!? How did they not sit down and come up with them all and put them in the game when they built the system?

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
I'm more concerned about the closed beta turning into Star Citizen's alpha development cycle where they keep making new features and remaking existing ones with no end in sight.

We already missed two launch dates due to feature incompleteness and lack of polish. As of late, SV seems to have gone silent and the only update I've seen so far is the updated roadmap and occasional tweet.

While we all appreciate SV taking their time to get the game ready for persistent state, a part of me is also uneasy about them taking ever longer to reach that point.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blitz

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
This is a big one. Before we were even able to play MO2 alpha, I remember talking to the devs and they were saying they learned from their mistakes in MO1 and when building MO2 systems would be tested and polished before moving on to new ones. This clearly hasn't been the case and is one of the biggest things I'm concerned with.

We have so many half assed mechanics in the game right now. We don't even have all the CLADE gifts. HOW!? How did they not sit down and come up with them all and put them in the game when they built the system?

Yeah that would be amazing. Push their entire roadmap back 2 weeks and do a map that is pure polish of existing systems. Get all the clades in for proper balance testing. All the horse types and some basic horse equipment (Armor!!!) for testing of mounted combat. And do some serious damn work on the flagging system which continues to be one of the worst features of MO2. And I don't care what it takes. Find a way that mount pathing doesn't make it so you are looking back every 10 seconds to ensure a pet that's as fast or faster than you isn't hung up on a freaking pebble.

Listen SV, if a pet can run significantly faster than me, and I have to look back to check it's still there at ANY point on a journey, and I didn't jump off a freaking cliff at some point. You're wrong. Your system is bad. Fix it. Leading a second horse behind my original horse should not slow down my entire damn group if I have the CC points to control 2 horses. It's called a freaking lead-rope. Give me a mechanic that works as well as technology freaking cave-men had available to them.

Last edited:

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
We already missed two launch dates due to feature incompleteness and lack of polish. As of late, SV seems to have gone silent and the only update I've seen so far is the updated roadmap and occasional tweet.

While we all appreciate SV taking their time to get the game ready for persistent state, a part of me is also uneasy about them taking ever longer to reach that point.

Agree, the activity in the game went down very much not only after the end of the stress test but also because of missing updates and especially because of the missing date of persistence. Many players in my guild (including myself) stopped playing or are starting the game for a few hours per week. Everybody is waiting for the next interesting patch which is in my opinion the end of June patch with bosses and a new dungeon. The market broker and the new logout system will be tested (but are no reason to play the game for more than one hour) and most of the other stuff is just nice to see or to explore for a few hours.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Mounted melee would be huge to me if it came with mount armor and bull horses. If all we have available is unarmored steppe horses, yeah it's a total gimmick I'll be bored of by day 2. We can test some stuff but there isn't even a real PvP viable role to begin mastering. Mounted Hybrid is one roles I'm seriously interested in testing but I'm probably just going to be filling spreadsheets with the nitty gritty details since actually using it isn't an option if (as it sounds to be the case) armor and tankier mounts won't be ready.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Voted no on the poll. Over all they are doing much better than in the past if you consider all channels.

The forums on the other hand do seem to be like a redheaded step child and could use alot of love.

Seb and Henrik still go weeks (if not months) without visiting the forums. We are pretty much just arguing with each other for no reason if there is never anyone here to read our feedback and suggestions.

I often dont even bother posting suggestions and feedback on the forums currently because I feel it will not be heard by anyone and I am just wasting my time.

Also, The whole its official so we can not post it on the forums statement really does not hold water when their official twitter and facebook accounts are posting info pretty regular.

But no one is here to read about this so, I am mostly just bitching to bitch I guess.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
The sad part is that none of these problems would matter much to me if fights were fun.
I don't know why anyone who plays for pvp and lives anywhere west of the east coast in North America would bother to play in the state combat is in. Any beginner from the EU can just twitch his camara a bit and become unblockable. And anyone else will teleport and stutter when you fight them. I have no idea why it is so much worse than it was in earlier beta, but it doesn't seem to even be being worked on.
That is on top of how stupidly slow swings and movements are, which was supposed to fix the other problems and didn't, but are still in place.

Qik

Jun 2, 2020

TL;DR

8. AI is horrible.

I'll see you at persistence bub.

Morwen

Mar 18, 2021
I dont care much about the updates on beta. To be fair we arent paying any sub and game is still on development.

After release it will be interesting how they keep the hype on the game but I doubt they can speed up the patches.

SV should really differentiate between fixes patches and content patches and dont try to bring all of them together.

Now we are waiting for a "content" patch that for example might also fix fabernum guards (hypothetically) . So if that was the case why we have to wait one month for guards fix if they had the fix ready weeks ago?

Reactions: Putzin

SoftHater

Mar 16, 2021
Hot place full of hate.
Actually I'm by far more concerned about quality and contents of updates than the infrequency of them.
At this point I was expecting to have a glimpse of a full game experience (hoping that it isn't what we are playing now, or i'm/we're doomed).

Patch after patch I experienced a growing derail from what were my hopes and dreams about the game.
Maybe it was just me building card castles above clouds by misunderstanding SV's proposal once again,
maybe it's SV adjusting their game to the new players boosting in latest months,
or maybe it's just SV doing once again what they did with MO1.

My hopes are still alive, but now they are buried under my card castle's rubble and I'm carefully avoiding to feed them.

Reactions: Rorry

[AF]Tyrone

Dec 17, 2020
The sad part is that none of these problems would matter much to me if fights were fun.
I don't know why anyone who plays for pvp and lives anywhere west of the east coast in North America would bother to play in the state combat is in. Any beginner from the EU can just twitch his camara a bit and become unblockable. And anyone else will teleport and stutter when you fight them. I have no idea why it is so much worse than it was in earlier beta.
It was explained multiple times to the community at large that slowing down the game would not improve the gameplay for west coast or other high ping players. It is worse now precisely because the swings and movement are slower, because the low ping player isn't desynced but the high ping player is. Often times I will take damage from euro players before they've even swung on my screen.

Lag fighting is the only way for high ping players to compete.

Reactions: Rorry