Answer the question; What is the number 1. reason the Mortal population is declining? A homework assignment for all Mortal enjoyers.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I dont really understand what you suggested, but I know it won't increase the population. Im willing to be my account that my conclusion is correct, the game will not grow until a solo player is competitive in the day-to-day gameplay.

Not a single person has responded with how many of their videos from the assignment were solo perspectives in PVP MMO's that are considered MO2's competitiors.

Spoilers: An overwhelming majority of the most popular videos of PVP gameplay from Mortals competitors are all from a solo perspective. With a few small groups and large groups sprinkled in. I think it represents the overall player demographic in the genre excellently. Mortal has excluded the largest player demographic, it cannot possibly succeed under those circumstances.

dude if I could put my PoV against yours for gain in any way, I would do it haha. You have to know that just by me being me. I'd take your acct and sell it to the Russians.

That being said, what you said makes no sense; "I don't understand, but it won't work."

What can be both look at and make our observations and see who has the better ability to digest / interpret information and solve problems?

I understand what you are getting at, but I don't think you understand the scope of things. I appreciate that you come back with new angles, and I definitely have way more wild ideas than other people, but some I keep suggesting, like the society thing. A solo player should be able to do much. They can, especially when the game is dead. The more people you add to the game, the less solos are going to be able to do. That's an easy assumption, right? 3 people competing for resources, what happens, generally 2 join and 1 loses haha. There need to be more things to do. Having a social hierarchy within each town doesn't seem too complex to be understood. Inject resources into towns--> let people have roles and make money from those roles OUTSIDE of the farming loop. People will have roles within the town like wep crafter, militia, just citizen... much like now except it will actually be a game mechanic and they will be able to benefit with in game gold so they can continue to do their thing but not have to farm to stay afloat. It's 'another dimension' to quote the beastie boys.

I'm not thinking about how to bring players into the game, though, I am thinking of how to make the game deeper and give people more ways to involve themselves (the same thing you are doing except from a different vantage point;) I believe people will join the game when it is good.

I'm not being obtuse but if you think searching 40 YT vids is gonna give you some solution to fix the game, I dunno what to say haha. Even you, understanding that the game has give each player a chance to fit in... not as a solo, but give them a role that cannot be gated by others, even if it involves other people, have not posed any solution for how to make this happen. You have come up with things that might allow solo people to fight outside of the broader structure of the game, but then it's not MO.

The game has no depth. Even if it was unfriendly to solos, it could still be more popular. I agree with you that a player needs the most possible options to be involved, though, if they are willing to put in the work, and that's why stuff like society makes sense. It's a huge step toward making the game more dynamic.

They must create the environment for things to happen. When things happen, people will play the game. That's my theory. They are creating a safe zone farming game which only a few players (most of MO pop + people who make solo vids of them griefing those people haha) want. It's flawed from the core. It's not going to change, so in my opinion, 'options' must be added. Not dungeons, but totally different things.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
That is why I present evidence with my arguments. Evidence that people can use to correlate my claim that the solo playing demographic is the largest pool and including them in your game is mandatory.

yo post what you are even claiming / suggesting changes in the OP, what evidence you presented, and what it proves haha. Legit.

You got a lot of the steps right, but you are missing some. I think you're misleading yourself.

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
dude if I could put my PoV against yours for gain in any way, I would do it haha. You have to know that just by me being me. I'd take your acct and sell it to the Russians.

That being said, what you said makes no sense; "I don't understand, but it won't work."

What can be both look at and make our observations and see who has the better ability to digest / interpret information and solve problems?

I understand what you are getting at, but I don't think you understand the scope of things. I appreciate that you come back with new angles, and I definitely have way more wild ideas than other people, but some I keep suggesting, like the society thing. A solo player should be able to do much. They can, especially when the game is dead. The more people you add to the game, the less solos are going to be able to do. That's an easy assumption, right? 3 people competing for resources, what happens, generally 2 join and 1 loses haha. There need to be more things to do. Having a social hierarchy within each town doesn't seem too complex to be understood. Inject resources into towns--> let people have roles and make money from those roles OUTSIDE of the farming loop. People will have roles within the town like wep crafter, militia, just citizen... much like now except it will actually be a game mechanic and they will be able to benefit with in game gold so they can continue to do their thing but not have to farm to stay afloat. It's 'another dimension' to quote the beastie boys.

I'm not thinking about how to bring players into the game, though, I am thinking of how to make the game deeper and give people more ways to involve themselves (the same thing you are doing except from a different vantage point;) I believe people will join the game when it is good.

I'm not being obtuse but if you think searching 40 YT vids is gonna give you some solution to fix the game, I dunno what to say haha. Even you, understanding that the game has give each player a chance to fit in... not as a solo, but give them a role that cannot be gated by others, even if it involves other people, have not posed any solution for how to make this happen. You have come up with things that might allow solo people to fight outside of the broader structure of the game, but then it's not MO.

The game has no depth. Even if it was unfriendly to solos, it could still be more popular. I agree with you that a player needs the most possible options to be involved, though, if they are willing to put in the work, and that's why stuff like society makes sense. It's a huge step toward making the game more dynamic.

They must create the environment for things to happen. When things happen, people will play the game. That's my theory. They are creating a safe zone farming game which only a few players (most of MO pop + people who make solo vids of them griefing those people haha) want. It's flawed from the core. It's not going to change, so in my opinion, 'options' must be added. Not dungeons, but totally different things.
You miss the point entirely i'm afraid. Who are you going to "build a town" with if there's no other solo people around. You need the basic conditions met in order for emergent gameplay to occur. And that is a really solid and fun solo experience first and foremost. The group gameplay and politics can grow out of this ecosystem then on the base of a solid solo loop so it extends it and doesn't need to come into conflict with group mechanics.

Reactions: CherryKush

manure

May 7, 2022
Want population ? Easy... do this :

1 - Give pets Stamina so they wont chase someone infinitely

2 - Make it so that once a PK kills someone, he stays permanently GRAY to that person, freely attackable anywhere, until he is killed by him. This will make it easier for the victims to take their revenge and will stop the complaints about PKs working reputation and not being punished.

3 - Remove guard towers and every single guard from OUTSIDE towns. Leave guards only inside town area. And give them LINE OF SIGHT.

4 - Add thievery, for christ sake. It is a MUST for immersion.

5 - Add board games on taverns and several things to do while inside town like competition, arena fights with prizes, horse races, chicken fights, etc.

6 - Add SHIPS and interesting stuff on the sea

7 - Add chariots and random NPCs with "weak" guards moving between towns so that players can raid them, or even use them as protection while they travel.

8 - Add lockpicking and buried treasure chests

9 - Add red guards to kill blue players on Kranesh, Cave Camp, Gaul kor and Jungle camp. Only reds should be able to use these towns.

10 - Add harsh penalties to ress killing. Or make it so that you cant be attacked after ressing for like 30 seconds. That gives time for you at least start running, instead of waiting for the god damn ress animation while someone is hitting your head.

Do these 10 steps and you have a game with 10k players daily.

fartbox

Apr 29, 2023
yo post what you are even claiming / suggesting changes in the OP, what evidence you presented, and what it proves haha. Legit.

You got a lot of the steps right, but you are missing some. I think you're misleading yourself.
I dont have the resources to conduct a proper case study among. That would be a job for someone like Jonah or Nazori MMOPVPVE variety streamers who have a community of over 1000 players that enjoy this very specific niche genre.

However we can draw conclusions just from social media and population metrics. The MMOPVPVE genre is very small and it gets even smaller when you condense it down to sandbox and loot on player kill. We arrive at 3 other games besides Mortal that have a population of over 1000; OSRS, Albion and EVE; Ravendawn might possibly become a consideration in the future as well as they are fielding the idea of high risk servers with inventory drop.

What we find when we look at the specific genre:

We find OSRS has the highest population, in fact it has more then the other 3 games combined.
We find OSRS to be the most solo oriented game mechanics.
We find Albion has the second highest population
We find Albion has the second most solo oriented game mechanics.
We find the solo content within Albion to be the most populated area in the game. Mists
We find the social media between all games strongly favors solo POV for genuine PVP game footage.

I'm sure i'm forgetting some but I feel this is evidence and I feel it strongly supports my argument.

Reactions: Gnidex

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
You miss the point entirely i'm afraid. Who are you going to "build a town" with if there's no other solo people around. You need the basic conditions met in order for emergent gameplay to occur. And that is a really solid and fun solo experience first and foremost. The group gameplay and politics can grow out of this ecosystem then on the base of a solid solo loop so it extends it and doesn't need to come into conflict with group mechanics.

Disagree. lol. The players are already there in town, but there isn't a separate system to reward them and govern them. There is a whole system governing how people interact/gain OUTSIDE of town, but I am saying on some 'duh' level, there should be one inside of town. This also opens up the possibility of regional conflicts, also not supported by the 'system,' but the whole idea of rep was kind of leaning that way.

Dude has a stack + of gold. I'm not missing any points; that's for sure. You might disagree with what I am saying tho, fair enough.

Peace

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I dont have the resources to conduct a proper case study among. That would be a job for someone like Jonah or Nazori MMOPVPVE variety streamers who have a community of over 1000 players that enjoy this very specific niche genre.

However we can draw conclusions just from social media and population metrics. The MMOPVPVE genre is very small and it gets even smaller when you condense it down to sandbox and loot on player kill. We arrive at 3 other games besides Mortal that have a population of over 1000; OSRS, Albion and EVE; Ravendawn might possibly become a consideration in the future as well as they are fielding the idea of high risk servers with inventory drop.

What we find when we look at the specific genre:

We find OSRS has the highest population, in fact it has more then the other 3 games combined.
We find OSRS to be the most solo oriented game mechanics.
We find Albion has the second highest population
We find Albion has the second most solo oriented game mechanics.
We find the solo content within Albion to be the most populated area in the game. Mists
We find the social media between all games strongly favors solo POV for genuine PVP game footage.

I'm sure i'm forgetting some but I feel this is evidence and I feel it strongly supports my argument.

Dude I'm sorry. I have been irritated lately. I support you in your suggestions, but I do think you should offer an actual suggestion. Everyone is waiting for 'that suggestion' that is gonna offer better solo content. I think that people just need to be able to fit in to the larger system more easily, opposed to go pure solo. Even the solo vids are usually of people who are in big guilds or were, but they are just derping now because they are bored or all their friends quit.

I will say no more. I do wanna talk about society in a thread at some point. Already did it on reddit, but I don't have the energy to do it here. Sorry for derailing and sorry for being snappy. Life ey.

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
Disagree. lol. The players are already there in town, but there isn't a separate system to reward them and govern them. There is a whole system governing how people interact/gain OUTSIDE of town, but I am saying on some 'duh' level, there should be one inside of town. This also opens up the possibility of regional conflicts, also not supported by the 'system,' but the whole idea of rep was kind of leaning that way.

Dude has a stack + of gold. I'm not missing any points; that's for sure. You might disagree with what I am saying tho, fair enough.

Peace
You don't need systems for people's militias or whatever you want your goalposts set at this time. You need dudes ingame wanting to do shit. The solo experience in MO is piss poor mainly because the game doesn't offer escape mechanics like Eve and Albion do (the guards are a lazy and failed attempt...the resource distribution isn't even nearly close to danger levels so it's pointless). The only real escape mechanic in MO is seeing people from afar and hoping they don't have anyone that can intercept you.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Solo player experience is a massive and very valid reason, however the game is nearly incomplete in all aspects.

The only accurate answer to this question is "bad design".

More specifically? every single thing about it

fartbox

Apr 29, 2023
Dude I'm sorry. I have been irritated lately. I support you in your suggestions, but I do think you should offer an actual suggestion. Everyone is waiting for 'that suggestion' that is gonna offer better solo content. I think that people just need to be able to fit in to the larger system more easily, opposed to go pure solo. Even the solo vids are usually of people who are in big guilds or were, but they are just derping now because they are bored or all their friends quit.

I will say no more. I do wanna talk about society in a thread at some point. Already did it on reddit, but I don't have the energy to do it here. Sorry for derailing and sorry for being snappy. Life ey.
I've already suggested this in previous posts. You can approach open world PVP in a number of ways to encourage solo play.

1. Combat mechanics and abilities that prioritize small aoes, that do not damage the player using them.
2. Disengage/intel - Think EVE or teleportation in OSRS, these are mechanics that allow you to pick your fights or disengage unfavorable fights.
3. Hard capping areas of the game to 1v1, 2v2.

All of mortals competitors incorporate all 3 of these.

Last edited:

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
I've already suggested this in previous posts. You can approach open world PVP in a number of ways to encourage solo play.

1. Combat mechanics and abilities that prioritize small aoes, that do not damage the player using them.
2. Disengage/intel - Think EVE or teleportation in OSRS, these are mechanics that allow you to pick your fights or disengage unfavorable fights.
3. Hard capping areas of the game to 1v1, 2v2.

All of mortals competitors incorporate all 3 of these.
I agree that the game needs to be more solo and small scale friendly but disagree on some of your implementations.

1. Remaking the combat as a moba clone with first person will most likely not work and will alienate the players who enjoy the FPS aspect, while MOBA players wont like first person in any shape or form. Instead its better to bake in ways to attack multiple target with the existing combat, like adding Mordhau style cleaving for example.
2. This is needed but it has to be somewhat skill based not a get out of jail free card. In a way MO2 has regressed on this aspect as kiting was alot more viable on MO1 as a way to run away from zergs or string em out to later kill them 1 by 1. Basically you would use less stam outside combat mode so the fleeing player had the advantage, but you still needed to calculate the distance correctly when disengaging so you didnt give up a free stickyback. I guess some players cried to Henrik that there was too much endless chasing and he didnt add it to the new game.
3. Thats gonna be a no from me dawg, if I want arranged 1v1s I'll just go duel at Fab.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
You don't need systems for people's militias or whatever you want your goalposts set at this time. You need dudes ingame wanting to do shit. The solo experience in MO is piss poor mainly because the game doesn't offer escape mechanics like Eve and Albion do (the guards are a lazy and failed attempt...the resource distribution isn't even nearly close to danger levels so it's pointless). The only real escape mechanic in MO is seeing people from afar and hoping they don't have anyone that can intercept you.
I'll write it now in celebration of the new patch. Think big.

Teleportation etc is trash. (
) lol. That's how I feel about escape mechanics.

Fartbox, like I said, I apologize for my tone. I remember what you said before. I just don't think it's right. I think the way you fix things in a game like this is by fixing the things around it. All of the changes around the game led to this style of game play, so the base mechanics could lead to the style of game play that we want. MO1 wasn't 'what we want' in its entirety, but it was different enough to prove you can adjust the game.

W/ a veela, assuming not fighting veelas ( and even if in some cases if you are smarter about how you use your stuff) , you have a great escape mechanic. It's arguable that is in fact a trash mechanic. There are so many ways elves can outrun people. Buffs, base speed, combat jump, resting pulse (adds up if you use it right.)

That's why I said if you wanna do solo roam, learn to play an elf. You will get out of a lot more stuff than you think. However, you're right in that it doesn't fix the problems or make the game good.

fartbox

Apr 29, 2023
That's why I said if you wanna do solo roam, learn to play an elf. You will get out of a lot more stuff than you think. However, you're right in that it doesn't fix the problems or make the game good.

I have several thousand of hours in the game, six figures of wealth and i left with a murder count over 1000. I played an elf. It's immediately neutral against another elf. The chances of an enemy team having an elf are almost 100%. You run, they chase, you can't turn on them at any point because they have "the boys" behind and TTK is long enough to survive until they get reinforcements.

Look i'm gonna be really frank here. Alot of people in this thread, don't want change. That's fine. Mortal doesn't need to convince you to play, you're already playing. You're one of the 1400 or so concurrent players today. Which I will remind you is not even one runescape sever worth of players (they have hundreds).

The game is at a crossroads. It can listen to people like you an el perro and continue to limp along with mediocre numbers until eventually a modern open world PVP game is released that does cater to solo players at which point I expect the MO2 population to crater under 500. Because at the end of the day, people who play these games follow the action. If there's more action in another game then they will go there.

Fortunately for Mortal there is no modern competition as of now, so until there is it will maintain its 1000 or so regular players with its short burst to 1500 or so on patches . For PVP MMO's with risk vs reward mindsets and with loot on death you have slim options. Of those options three are 2d sidescrollers which ironically are still the most popular. And the last one is a non interactive spreadsheet simulator. I expect this to change quickly, especially with AI driving development for small teams. If Mortal cannot adapt to the market before then it will succumb fully to superior products with superior ecosystems.

I witnessed this with DFUW and Archeage. The game died overnight (From 800 or so active daily to less then 200), despite Archeage also eventually dying. But people follow the action, it's really that simple. And DFUW was a superior game to MO2, at least from the perspective of a casual or solo player being competitive in the game. Though it was not superior in end-game loops. MO2 has some decent end game content loops, I have to give credit where credit is due.

Mortal should be trying to convince Bob from accounting to play the game. Not El'perro. El'perro is going to follow the action. And Just like a poker game, if the fish doesn't sit then the game doesn't run. Mortal doesn't have many Bobs left.

Tick tock.

Attachments

• ghhgh.jpg
    ghhgh.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Look i'm gonna be really frank here.

This is why you drew my ire, to put it nicely. You definitely have a tone, but it doesn't make sense to me. There is a disconnect with what you think I (we?) are/am saying. I don't disagree with you. I did say in another post your argument is self defeating. You can't brag about your success and say the game isn't suited for you. You should know that haha.

You can do what you do, and you did. Cool.

It's not about 'not wanting change', but it's about core ideas that cannot change. I don't think it's out of the question that MO adds weird shit like escape mechanics, etc. Another world pvp. I actually suggested a portal world awhile ago, but looking back that's a bad idea imo. The thing is, you DO have to think outside of the box, but you have to stay within the framework of the game. Otherwise you are cutting into the 'open world pvp part.' Think about it, fewer rules, more people, there isn't much HONOR in MO. Best you can do is shame people in local chat when they zerg you.

It's like Haven, when you say 'this is a problem, let's fix it,' oh but we don't have a solution. Oh, well, instanced tutorial island it is! It's like guard stacking. It's just not good for what this game is aiming for.

I'm not arguing with a lot of your points, but I'm saying come with a suggestion that is actually feasible. Some of the stuff like getting zerged is just bound to happen, though, sometimes. Life is tough for a solo. People are solo for a reason, their choice. There are def niches for solos, but the game play is zerg oriented in a lot of cases. I heavily disagree with that, and I have been a solo, too, since mo1 haha so I mean... I think you feel when people say nah to your idea that they are 'not wanting change.' That's not true.

I've been looking at shit and trying to figure out solutions for a very long time, even without playing the game. The game as it is seems to satisfy you a lot more than it satisfied me, think about that.

The reason they haven't fixed the problem is that they don't have a solution. The reason no such game exists is because the idea is not there. I believe the idea can be reached. I actually spend time thinking about sandboxes, tbh haha. I would like to know I had something to do with them getting it right. Not SV, but the whole vindicating the open world full loot pvp sandbox. It's on my bucket list, no shit.

I'm not your enemy. I just want you to remember the game is open world. If you restrict that, you end up with bullshit that, while it might be fun, it isn't the whole reason people are playing the game in the first place.

Also: "Mortal should be trying to convince Bob from accounting to play the game. Not El'perro. El'perro is going to follow the action. And Just like a poker game, if the fish doesn't sit then the game doesn't run. Mortal doesn't have many Bobs left." That is incorrect from the standpoint you are using it. IF you take into account the extremely underdeveloped social side of the game, maybe that's true, but if Bob from accounting is playing FPS, how does he differ from Perro? Dude stuck around. A lot of people get scraped out in MO. You stuck around, too. Thousands of hours. There is going to be attrition.

I still believe if the game was MORE brutal and faster paced that it would be better.

TLDR: Fair fight and open world are hard to reconcile. A lot of MO's problems have stemmed from trying to fix that dissonance. And wow, the game is more zergy than ever, imo.

Anyway, bob from accounting can have the time of his life, he just has to tag Koto haha. You know? I feel like in a lot of ways you don't. I think there is a level of what I am saying that is lost, which immensely frustrates me, because I think you mean well.

I agree on that being one of the biggest problems. Unfort, it's not something you can just fix. Removing GY pvp, etc, was bad for the game because it hurt solos the most. A lot of solos are 'griefers.' OK. They have less attention span. People should be able to gear up and go outside and start stirring shit up. That's the ultimate level of action you are gonna get in an open world game, then the world bends around it. You have to adapt to the world, somewhat, because that is what is creating the whole scenario that you are enjoying.

TLDR 2: I believe MO players are seeking CHAOS. Unknown variables. That is just called action by some people. If you try to shoe-horn fair fights, it's gonna mess with that and take away from the game. I refuse to believe that you want a different game than the one we want haha.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I have several thousand of hours in the game, six figures of wealth and i left with a murder count over 1000. I played an elf. It's immediately neutral against another elf. The chances of an enemy team having an elf are almost 100%. You run, they chase, you can't turn on them at any point because they have "the boys" behind and TTK is long enough to survive until they get reinforcements.

Look i'm gonna be really frank here. Alot of people in this thread, don't want change. That's fine. Mortal doesn't need to convince you to play, you're already playing. You're one of the 1400 or so concurrent players today. Which I will remind you is not even one runescape sever worth of players (they have hundreds).

The game is at a crossroads. It can listen to people like you an el perro and continue to limp along with mediocre numbers until eventually a modern open world PVP game is released that does cater to solo players at which point I expect the MO2 population to crater under 500. Because at the end of the day, people who play these games follow the action. If there's more action in another game then they will go there.

Fortunately for Mortal there is no modern competition as of now, so until there is it will maintain its 1000 or so regular players with its short burst to 1500 or so on patches . For PVP MMO's with risk vs reward mindsets and with loot on death you have slim options. Of those options three are 2d sidescrollers which ironically are still the most popular. And the last one is a non interactive spreadsheet simulator. I expect this to change quickly, especially with AI driving development for small teams. If Mortal cannot adapt to the market before then it will succumb fully to superior products with superior ecosystems.

I witnessed this with DFUW and Archeage. The game died overnight (From 800 or so active daily to less then 200), despite Archeage also eventually dying. But people follow the action, it's really that simple. And DFUW was a superior game to MO2, at least from the perspective of a casual or solo player being competitive in the game. Though it was not superior in end-game loops. MO2 has some decent end game content loops, I have to give credit where credit is due.

Mortal should be trying to convince Bob from accounting to play the game. Not El'perro. El'perro is going to follow the action. And Just like a poker game, if the fish doesn't sit then the game doesn't run. Mortal doesn't have many Bobs left.

Tick tock.
Ah, yes. The age old argument that all video games need to do to be successful is regress to the mean ad infinitum. Eventually the game will be so exciting that you can play it with your monitor off!

Using MO2 to make this argument is silly. When the game is so bad in so many aspects. "Of these 1000 variables, its the one that I say it is". Now if you're a super genius like myself thats reasonable, but for everyone else? No

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
When the game is so bad in so many aspects.

It's like people say about sports: it's intangibles. The game is intangibly bad. Even if the stuff was fixed, it is, as you said awhile ago, and I probably said in one way or another, 'soulless.' Some of that has to do with the people who are playing, but somehow it lost what MO1 had.

I just wish the pop was ready for drastic change. I saw they removed TC guards from non guard towers, then they put them back on banks the day after. It's like oookay. I can't imagine what kind of situation / person whining led to that happening so fast.

I guess fartbox is right in one way, they need to choose. Right now it's an unpopular game that doesn't have uniqueness. If they aren't going to make it unique, maybe they should just fully mmo-ify it.

I say these things because I logged in on an alt after the 2nd char patch and I've played a little. Encountered some bugs that weren't in UE4, but mainly I just don't have any desire; I like some of the changes, but I can't get over feeling WHY. I legit was like y'know... I might like Black Desert better than MO2. That's crazy shit. It's like (not to offend anyone lool) walking down the street and being like holy shit I think I like dudes?? But, I am just confused a lot about what the deal is with MO2, even tho they satisfied all of my prereqs (steam sub, 2nd char.)

A Nave that isn't burning isn't Nave. It's too compartmentalized.

I'd love to help @SV. But yakno.

Super geniuses have feelings, too.

Reactions: Teknique

Philocypher

Nov 26, 2023
All other MMOs thrive by enticing cooperation.

They incentivize being nice to strangers.

When you have a reason to be nice to strangers, you have opportunities to make friends. An MMO's community is people logging into a game and doing shared activities with their friends.

What does MO2 incentivize the players to do when they happen upon each other? I win when you lose.

Every day, someone loses, logs off, and never logs back on. That's why the population is dwindling.

We'll never see solid population growth until real criminal justice makes it into the game.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
I'll write it now in celebration of the new patch. Think big.

Teleportation etc is trash. (
) lol. That's how I feel about escape mechanics.

Fartbox, like I said, I apologize for my tone. I remember what you said before. I just don't think it's right. I think the way you fix things in a game like this is by fixing the things around it. All of the changes around the game led to this style of game play, so the base mechanics could lead to the style of game play that we want. MO1 wasn't 'what we want' in its entirety, but it was different enough to prove you can adjust the game.

W/ a veela, assuming not fighting veelas ( and even if in some cases if you are smarter about how you use your stuff) , you have a great escape mechanic. It's arguable that is in fact a trash mechanic. There are so many ways elves can outrun people. Buffs, base speed, combat jump, resting pulse (adds up if you use it right.)

Until you find a tamer with a bear or terrorbird, then you might as well drop loot.

Tick tock.
Funny that you say this, the game already lost me a few months ago. Played a bit solo after UE5 very casually since I barely have time to play games atm and cant devote time to guilds. The experience is awful even if you are already a veteran: try roaming to a guild village? on top of the zerg you get guards on you... same for trying to find pvp near towns with the new towers. Even in the complete wilderness you get fking outlaws spawning on your ass. Everywhere you go theres NPCs interrupting fights.

The only place you can get decent pvp for a solo is in Fab graveyard or sewers... thats if you dont find a tamer or zerg. And it gets boring after a while, the only thing left is 1v1 duels in fab square with shit FPS....

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Until you find a tamer with a bear or terrorbird, then you might as well drop loot.

Funny that you say this, the game already lost me a few months ago. Played a bit solo after UE5 very casually since I barely have time to play games atm and cant devote time to guilds. The experience is awful even if you are already a veteran: try roaming to a guild village? on top of the zerg you get guards on you... same for trying to find pvp near towns with the new towers. Even in the complete wilderness you get fking outlaws spawning on your ass. Everywhere you go theres NPCs interrupting fights.

The only place you can get decent pvp for a solo is in Fab graveyard or sewers... thats if you dont find a tamer or zerg. And it gets boring after a while, the only thing left is 1v1 duels in fab square with shit FPS....
Lmao the people who said what players really want is npcs that gang fuck you. Jesus mo2 alpha was an L