Alvarin buff ?

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
The extra mana clade gift that Alvarin got was amazing and shouldn't have been scrapped as fast as it was imo. It would have made current Alvarin hybrids actually decent.

Konrad

Feb 24, 2021
Ireland
The extra mana clade gift that Alvarin got was amazing and shouldn't have been scrapped as fast as it was imo. It would have made current Alvarin hybrids actually decent.
what current alvarin hybrids ? xD you cant be a decent hybrid as alvarin anymore, a 'paladin warrior' that can cast corrupt and purify at most that can maybe heal for 15hp like 2 or 3 times and than have 0 mana lmao, nevermind the INT changes but you just can't because alvarins don't get enough stat points for this to work efficiently as well, again... you better off playing a human build for this

Reactions: Vergil

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
what current alvarin hybrids ? xD you cant be a decent hybrid as alvarin anymore, a 'paladin warrior' that can cast corrupt and purify at most that can maybe heal for 15hp like 2 or 3 times and than have 0 mana lmao, nevermind the INT changes but you just can't because alvarins don't get enough stat points for this to work efficiently as well, again... you better off playing a human build for this
Oh trust me, I'm aware. I'm that guy that made a suggestion thread for the Int change and got my main build since I started playing MO become obsolete.

It was the last time I make a suggestion thread seeing how incompetent SV balances things. They were shown multiple suggestions on how to change Int, and they hit the easy button regardless of the impact that only nerfed hybrids and buffed fatmages lmfao.

Reactions: Vergil and Konrad

KermyWormy

May 29, 2020
California
Oh trust me, I'm aware. I'm that guy that made a suggestion thread for the Int change and got my main build since I started playing MO become obsolete.

It was the last time I make a suggestion thread seeing how incompetent SV balances things. They were shown multiple suggestions on how to change Int, and they hit the easy button regardless of the impact that only nerfed hybrids and buffed fatmages lmfao.
I think it has become increasingly more and more evident how badly they need a game systems designer to work hand in hand with every planned iteration being made to the game. Someone who understands math and numbers well enough to see both the small and big picture, and to help lead towards a pre-determined goal for the game.

Whatever SV's members strengths are individually, they are severely lacking in this area, and I don't mean that as a way to throw shade at anyone. It's just a fact of life that people have different strengths and weaknesses and differing skillsets and ways of looking at specific challenges and problems. For all the old complex systems that were cool, the outcomes were incomplete. Many weapon handles and heads and material combos...but only a few effective and useful. Same goes for Armor and cooking to some extent. The direction breeding went in MO without having drawbacks or limits led eventually to the uber horses etc...all of these could be avoided and made better if with someone whose job it is to develop these systems intelligently and with care for the short and long term goals of the game.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
I think it has become increasingly more and more evident how badly they need a game systems designer to work hand in hand with every planned iteration being made to the game. Someone who understands math and numbers well enough to see both the small and big picture, and to help lead towards a pre-determined goal for the game.

Whatever SV's members strengths are individually, they are severely lacking in this area, and I don't mean that as a way to throw shade at anyone. It's just a fact of life that people have different strengths and weaknesses and differing skillsets and ways of looking at specific challenges and problems. For all the old complex systems that were cool, the outcomes were incomplete. Many weapon handles and heads and material combos...but only a few effective and useful. Same goes for Armor and cooking to some extent. The direction breeding went in MO without having drawbacks or limits led eventually to the uber horses etc...all of these could be avoided and made better if with someone whose job it is to develop these systems intelligently and with care for the short and long term goals of the game.
I agree fully. Things in that department are looking exactly the same as MO1.

In my honest opinion...this was majority of the reason the game failed. I'm pretty sure Herius is still the one in charge of these things, but he can't do it alone or with whoever he may have been working with. MO1 is decade-old proof of that.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I just think they need to make DEX proc weakspots a lot more. Their is like almost never a weakspot, even with bows. I rather the system not be RNG oriented but its needed for Alv to have the damage it needs in some situations.

Fix Alvs Runner High ability, Its supposed to be a way to gain stam back while running/moving. I only experience I maybe a slight increase, (if any) when you are stationary.

I dont feel alvs are bad, just some of the system isnt working. One thing I would change is give a lil more bonus to the clades like archers arm, so the archer class can pull back decent bows.

Reactions: BleckCat

Konrad

Feb 24, 2021
Ireland
I just think they need to make DEX proc weakspots a lot more. Their is like almost never a weakspot, even with bows. I rather the system not be RNG oriented but its needed for Alv to have the damage it needs in some situations.

Fix Alvs Runner High ability, Its supposed to be a way to gain stam back while running/moving. I only experience I maybe a slight increase, (if any) when you are stationary.

I dont feel alvs are bad, just some of the system isnt working. One thing I would change is give a lil more bonus to the clades like archers arm, so the archer class can pull back decent bows.
In fairness why I created the post is simply alvarins get nothing as of right now. Getting some decent clade gifts for stamina, make the movement speed impactful and maybe something about those weakspots and I think alvarins could be decent, both mages and fighters, hybrids will still be non existant but oh well, we can't get everything lol I mean there is so many things that could improve this race to be impactful, increasing the hp slightly, damage by 1or2% max armor weight by 2 points so they can actually wear full set of steel, many things that could make alvarins better, but sticking to their 'role' stamina and speed are the main ones, because right now their speed isnt impactful and stamina is basicaly the worse in the game.

MeduliKaren

Apr 26, 2021
Alvarins don't need a buff. Sorry. They have their place, and its pretty solid atm. Just stop being a trashcan and letting a Thursar get in your face and then complain you can't get away when you're 3 shot for being lean, not in combat mode and wearing fullgrain leather or keeled scales, relying on the 'shield on the back' dog shit 'technique'.

Only thing that needs fixing is the fall damage clade not working, unless its supposed to be like that now with the new changes. Was pretty OP.

You give Alvarins too much speed and its all anyone will play. Speed is King in these games.

alvarin.jpg

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
You give Alvarins too much speed and its all anyone will play. Speed is King in these games.
Interesting. You saw a ton of Thursar in MO1. Its almost like some people preferred the HP, stamina, and damage bonus over the speed.

Reactions: Rorry

MeduliKaren

Apr 26, 2021
Interesting. You saw a ton of Thursar in MO1. Its almost like some people preferred the HP, stamina, and damage bonus over the speed.

That's fine man, give Alvarin 20 more speed, 30, 40? What's the right amount? I'll just sit around and laugh.

StreamerLord

Dec 2, 2020
Alvarin does not even have the thief clade bonus, Humans do. I would like to see them get a clade gift for thievery when that system comes out.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
That's fine man, give Alvarin 20 more speed, 30, 40? What's the right amount? I'll just sit around and laugh.
Well their recent buff gave them what....2? So your first suggestion is ten times that. That may give you an idea of how pathetic it was...

MeduliKaren

Apr 26, 2021
Well their recent buff gave them what....2? So your first suggestion is ten times that. That may give you an idea of how pathetic it was...
Well what is it then, what number do YOU think would be good? I didn't suggest anything, I was asking you what it should be.

I think it's fine as is.

Vergil

May 1, 2021

Couldn't agree more.
It really feels like SV should get a couple of game designers to be honest.

Fun should be number one priority in any game. Right now MO has potential from technical standpoint.
But like subjectively, game design-wise? I don't think SV even know what they're doing.

Don't want to offend anyone, since I really want to love the game. But right now that potential feels wasted.

A bunch of systems that sometimes are far and disconnected from each other being added by copypasting the same logic from the MO1.
Another portion does not exist, nor work, nor balanced at all, or plain became broken after "balance" changes.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Only thing that needs fixing is the fall damage clade not working, unless its supposed to be like that now with the new changes. Was pretty OP.

That clade is working for me. But both my accounts are bugged to where the +10 archery bonus clades dont work properly. But they work for other players with same build.

The clades that dont work properly for everyone but are supposed to be in game are the magic shield, and runners high.

I dont think they needed the small speed buff but Ill take it. The issue is that veela has some broken gifts. But so do most clades. Also Dex might need tweaking for weakspot chance.

[AF]Tyrone

Dec 17, 2020
Don't want to offend anyone, since I really want to love the game. But right now that potential feels wasted.
What happened is that SV once again got done in by their own beta testers. There were large chunks of the bitter vet player base demanding easy to acquire gear so they didn't have to play the game. Stress test rolls around, and surprise, SV didn't put any actual gameplay or gear grind in because thats not what the testers wanted. They just wanted RDM they just wanted to circle jerk duel in Fabernum.

The bugged out and barely functioning guard AI is a effect from that as well. When the guards got added into the game the beta outrage was intense since people couldn't duel anymore. SV just let this stay broken for the pvpers, who we now know(everyone knew) were mostly not legit, because they threatened to not play the beta if the guard AI functioned.

Last edited:
Reactions: Konrad

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Well what is it then, what number do YOU think would be good? I didn't suggest anything, I was asking you what it should be.

I think it's fine as is.
Idk man. I dont have access to the test server to sit there and tweak the numbers and find the right balance. Thats the game developers job, but they aren't doing that lol. Just a little give and take here to try to appease people.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Alvarin SHOULD hands down be the fastest race on foot. They have the lowest health in-game, and lowest damage bonus of any race. As others mentioned, Veela was always the fastest in MO1 and never was it considered thee go to race for anything but thieves and tamers. Thursar-Khurite was. A STRONG melee build that's also notably faster than others will always be the meta race. That does not exist. No melee build that is strong is also notably faster than other good melee builds.

As it stands Ohgmir are the strongest race in the game. Hands down. They have the absolute best damage to health trades in a head to head fight and shoot back for far more damage if an enemy tries to kite them at a range... while still being able to smoke a crack pipe.

Veela are not the worst race (Khurites are) and they never will be, because there is always value in being the absolute fastest. But they are not that amazing. Understand that the groups singing their praises live in GK, right next to the water, and run to the water every time they are at all low on health. Given most groups aren't specifically catered around GK fights only, that's a currently broken tactic that will largely die once bows and melee function underwater and they're no longer safe from the majority of opponents once they hit water. That tactic is also impossible to use anywhere you're not in ideal terrain for Veela with an easy safespot to escape to. I'd like to see how they'd do in say the steppe once mount armor makes it in trying to play that game.

But lets ask a few questions.

When you are defending your keep would you rather have Ohgmirs or Veela?

When you are defending your siege weapons and pushing through a wall breach would you rather have Ohgmirs or Veela?

When you are in the open field with cavalry you can't outrun on any foot build bearing down on you, would you rather have Ohgmirs or Veela?

When you're on the back of a horse would you rather play the higher bow and melee damage while also lighter Ohgmir, or Veela?

When you are fighting on the deck of a ship with little room to move, would you rather have Ohgmirs or Veela?

When you're defending your wagon moving trade goods and you can't just run away from every fight, would you rather have Ohgmirs or Veela?

Ohgmir are the strongest build in the game hands down. While their crack pipe does need a nerf I'd rather see other races brought up to their level rather than them brough down to everyone else's level. But as strong as they currently are, they will be MUCH, MUCH stronger when we have a lot of the promised features currently missing. Including the central focus of this game. Territorial control.

I would say 5-10% movespeed from their clades is entirely justified for veela. Closer to 5% if dex is made a more powerful damage stat but they retain their squishiness, closer to 10% if it's the only thing they get. It would make them much stronger harassers, but Ohgmir would still be better in most contexts TBH.

Last edited:

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
The other buff I think would be entirely justified is removing stam bonus from STR and doubling the stam bonus for DEX. That would be a pretty huge buff to dex builds. Particularly Alvarin and dex mages who both kind of need it. Ohgmir would suffer from it the most, which at this point is perfectly fine.

I'd do this in addition to my point I keep continually asserting: Dex needs to be made relevant to mounted builds in a big way.

You might actually be able to keep their movespeed pretty close to what it is though given how huge of a buff the stam would be.

Last edited:

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
I agree I would like to see other races brought up to Oghmir...instead of dumbing them all down to be even more identical. I think the crack pipe is cool, but other races need their versions. You have a 10 second cd pipe and 10 minute cd active for other races....which I can't understand how they came up with that balance decision.

But anyway, we really are beating a dead horse here. We've talked about this so many times and its just silence on SVs end. Some of the balance changes they do make are ones nobody asked for and they give no reasoning on why they did them.

Truth is, builds are bland and there arent many that actually feel different. Attributes don't have enough weight and the clade gifts are meh aside from the crack pipe. People talk about how all races are playable now in MO2, but with the balance decisions they went with...youre gonna see only one or two builds used for each role. With the combination of clade gifts, attributes, body weight, height, and hundreds of crafted gear choices....its really a shame we can nearly count the builds on one hand.