Allow option to outright turn off foliage for low end PCs

AmenGus

Mar 9, 2022
Anytime I go near jungle/colored forest/Jungle my pc comes to a grinding halt. Turning down the quality and render distance has helped greatly but it is still nearly unplayable when near these zones. An option to flat out turn off non physical foilage like grass and some bushes would be godsend in improving performance.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Sorry cheating is not allowed in this game, you sound poor maybe you should try buying a RTX 3090ti

Tzone

May 16, 2021
will i understand the problem , pvp with and without foliage would be horrible
untrue. we had grass off for ever and no one knew. its just turning off the procedural generated grass. no one is hiding behind ankle high grass.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Anytime I go near jungle/colored forest/Jungle my pc comes to a grinding halt. Turning down the quality and render distance has helped greatly but it is still nearly unplayable when near these zones. An option to flat out turn off non physical foilage like grass and some bushes would be godsend in improving performance.

What are you playing on? Even my old GPU in my PC can still plow through this game at 30-60fps with ease.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
What are you playing on? Even my old GPU in my PC can still plow through this game at 30-60fps with ease.
30-60 FPS is not competitive FPS. Like 60 is the minimum I would even attempt to say is playable. The amount you can perform better with 120 FPS compared to 60 FPS is like a knife though warm butter compared to cool butter.

30 FPS experienced gamers will notice the frames and how it holds them back compared to 60 FPS. I and many other dont even consider 30FPS as playable. You are just being held back so much by those frames.

And if your frames are not stable and go from 30-60 that is really bad. Having constant frame rate is very important to how well you perform. Its better to have a locked 60 frames compared to 60-80 frame rate. The changes in the frames will hurt your muscle memory and there is no constant baseline.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
30-60 FPS is not competitive FPS. Like 60 is the minimum I would even attempt to say is playable. The amount you can perform better with 120 FPS compared to 60 FPS is like a knife though warm butter compared to cool butter.

30 FPS experienced gamers will notice the frames and how it holds them back compared to 60 FPS. I and many other dont even consider 30FPS as playable. You are just being held back so much by those frames.

And if your frames are not stable and go from 30-60 that is really bad. Having constant frame rate is very important to how well you perform. Its better to have a locked 60 frames compared to 60-80 frame rate. The changes in the frames will hurt your muscle memory and there is no constant baseline.

Having played MO2 at both 120+ FPS and at 60FPS. As long as I dont have any dips in frame rates it doesnt matter if I am at 120 or 60. I play at 60 because my GPU doesnt have to work to keep a stable 60fps. I dont experience single digit lows and I dont have sudden spikes of 200fps then drops to 10. That is when you will notice the difference. If it is stable 60fps the whole time I will perform just as well as someone who is getting 120fps and lows of 10 if not better.

Bogler

Jul 6, 2020
I love inconsistency. Seeing the world in 140+ fps then heading to lesser town to be struck with 40-60fps living with the peasantry.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
I love inconsistency. Seeing the world in 140+ fps then heading to lesser town to be struck with 40-60fps living with the peasantry.
Then lock your frame rates on your GPU to 2x your monitor hertz.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Having played MO2 at both 120+ FPS and at 60FPS. As long as I dont have any dips in frame rates it doesnt matter if I am at 120 or 60. I play at 60 because my GPU doesnt have to work to keep a stable 60fps. I dont experience single digit lows and I dont have sudden spikes of 200fps then drops to 10. That is when you will notice the difference. If it is stable 60fps the whole time I will perform just as well as someone who is getting 120fps and lows of 10 if not better.
I do notice a clear difference and I can tell that I perform far better at 120 then 60 FPS. IDK how anyone can say it doesnt matter. There is a reason most pros are doing what they can to get higher frames because it does matter. Its 2022 we the studies have been done over and over and people know there is a difference between 60 FPS and 120 FPS. To me Its like a slideshow moving really fast compared to something that looks more like reality.

Even then there are people who struggle to get a solid 60 frames in this game. People say as long as you have stable frames then its fine at 30 or 40 but I dont see any setting to lock the game at 30 or 40. Only 60, 120, 144, and 240.

Why does it matter to other players if some players can turn off shadows and grass? Doenst affect your expedience so why argue against it?

Reactions: Bloodterst