Alchemy - what to expect?

Strutsekake

Sep 7, 2021
Hey, I dont have time to devote my character to be some kind of pvp fighter. So playing MO is going to be crafting for me.

Was thinking alchemy sounds exciting. But I get the impression that its limited to making healing potions, posion potions, purify, mana potions?

There is nothing like levitating potions, invisibility potions, turn-into-a-donkey - potion? U know, exciting and fun potions that would make alchemist a worthy class in its own. Not just making potions to sell to the warriors....

Last edited:
Reactions: Moored

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
Pvp fighter takes less time, just so you know.
I'm sure you're right, but then when you are a PvP fighter, you might not be as much of a master of your own time (unless you are Forever Alone in the game), while an Alchemist might choose his in-game work hours, as long as he's prepared to cumulatively spend plenty of them.
Was thinking alchemy sounds exciting. But I get the impression that its limited to making healing potions, posion potions, purify, mana potions?
I think it's accurate to say that Alchemy as seen previously in MO1 was limited to two classes of effects:
  • Making potions with some of the listed attributes of foods at that time (healing, for instance), and
  • Making potions that emulated the effects of some spells in the schools of magic known at that time (such as healing and purifying).
There were only four of the thirteen Mortal magic schools present in MO1: Ecumenical, Spiritism, Necromancy, and Elementalism. Several foods or food ingredients at various stages had listed effects, of kinds which were never apparently available to MO1 Alchemists. You could reasonably foresee more magic, and more effects from ingredients to come in MO2-- but I suppose you'd want to see someone grill @Henrik Nyström about what he's so far decided will or may be included in Mortal Online 2's Alchemy.

It might be worth your time, eventually, to have started *sooner rather than later* in Alchemy.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Strutsekake

Strutsekake

Sep 7, 2021
I'm sure you're right, but then when you are a PvP fighter, you might not be as much of a master of your own time (unless you are Forever Alone in the game), while an Alchemist might choose his in-game work hours, as long as he's prepared to cumulatively spend plenty of them.....

View attachment 2045

Ur so wise Nahjayawalala, I wish I could hear u play the trumphet too.

I hope ur predictions are right, making the ultimate healing potion with the use of nerdy spreadsheets isnt really fun....enough.

Magic classes can shot fireballs with their hands, alchemists should be able to fart a fireball or two atleast.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
the use of nerdy spreadsheets isnt really fun....enough.

Maybe the spreadsheets were just there to keep out the weak & unfit... I am only certain that in MO1 a lot more people started to learn Alchemy than ever stuck with it and mastered the profession.

About the time that some mages get spells for Underwater Breathing, I think Alchemists should be able to make a potion to make UB possible for the lsss fortunate.

We'll see.

Last edited:

Strutsekake

Sep 7, 2021
Shapeshifting into another player for a minutt or two would be the ultimate potion....but the sideeffect should be diarrhea and vomiting for several hours after

Last edited:
Reactions: Northern Rooster

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Alchemy is great for experienced players with much time (or enough guild mates) to gather all the required materials for good potions. Exploring the world of poison will be fun when patched into the game after release.

As a new player you can start with simple potions and follow the public recipes. If you want to go deep into this profession, than think about playing the game for half a year or a year at least.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
There is no reason that you cannot be both a mage and an alchemist, either. Or alchemist/Pvp fighter. It is a big difference from MO1, where if you chose alchemy it pretty well took all of your available points for lores and skills.

Reactions: Biaxil

Draug

May 22, 2021
Sverige
www.vikingsonshrooms.com
Hey, I dont have time to devote my character to be some kind of pvp fighter. So playing MO is going to be crafting for me.

There is nothing like levitating potions, invisibility potions, turn-into-a-donkey - potion? U know, exciting and fun potions that would make alchemist a worthy class in its own. Not just making potions to sell to the warriors....

right now it's only healing potions, nothing else. But those healing potions makes night and day difference for the guilds that use them. Also, you will become a fantastic pvp-fighter before you learn how to make good potions.