Alchemy Basics

HappyHour

Nov 18, 2020
Phoenix
Both you and Spaznat are great for the community, I try to post and react to all of the stuff yall post. Thanks for the cool content, and please keep it coming!!!

Happy-Hour-Sig-1.png

• Love
Reactions: Speznat and Avenoma

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
Are you making these videos in a steel mill? Sounds like a lot of clanging and stuff in the background.

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
Thats actually gnomes making boots in my shoe factory.

I think I figured out it's the sound of laundry, but your story is better. It almost be an even more interesting story about what forces you to make Youtube videos next to a washer/dryer, do they have free internet at your local laundromat?

• Haha
Reactions: Avenoma

Avenoma

Jan 14, 2021
its ambient sound bro, machine factory setting(you were right the first time) with fire crackling. I forgot to unmute my fucking input device. I needed something other than just my voice.

Avenoma

Jan 14, 2021
I think I figured out it's the sound of laundry, but your story is better. It almost be an even more interesting story about what forces you to make Youtube videos next to a washer/dryer

Lmao, it does sound like jean zippers in a dryer.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Every Herb have different Stats. You have Poison, Poison over time, direct Healing, Healing over time, Healing length. Some healing
Multipliers are toxic, so the poison has to be neutralized to increase the healing effect.

Alchemy is complicated.

Symbol „Von der Community überprüft“

Altadar Leviathan

Feb 7, 2021
Poland
hi guys,

i m jumping in Mortal Online and i m totally lost with alchemy !

i did some potions but i don't understand stats and how to choose the quantity of each materials....

Is there other tread regarding this topic ? i only found the avenoma's video right now.

i tried different potions even with meat ! but not sure about the result....

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Someone explained it in a thread long time ago.

1. Character Builds

1. The "Full Chemist" - Full Alchemist and Alchemy Extractor Build

Recommended Primary Skills
Alchemy (needed for ... well, to be an Alchemist)
Potion Making (increases the number of possible ingredients in potions)
Advanced Potion Making (increases number of ingredients and result of potions)
Alchemy Contraptions (for Fabricula Expertise to increase extraction yields)
Botany Contraptions (for Herbologium Expertise to increase extraction yields)
Ore Extraction Appliances (for Press Operation to increase extraction yields)
Botany (Lores for everything that grows, very necessary)
Milling (increases yields of flour and juices with the Press)
Herbalism (increases extraction yields of herbs and plants)

Additional "optional" Primary Skills
Advanced Cooking Tools
Advanced Cooking
Riding

2. The "Hybrid Chemist" - Base Alchemist Build
Note: This build is for those that only want to craft potions, and want to do other things with their character. To obtain certain materials, you may need access to an extractor (to obtain Juices for example).

Recommended Primary Skills
Alchemy (needed for ... well, to be an Alchemist)
Potion Making (increases the number of possible ingredients in potions)
Advanced Potion Making (increases number of ingredients and result of potions)
Botany (Lores for everything that grows, very necessary)

2. Types of Materials

Next, it becomes readily apparent when studying Alchemy that a certain record keeping methodology must be adhered to for purposes of clarity and understanding. Each material found in Mortal Online is classified as a certain “type”, and the result of the crafted potion will be governed by placing these material types in potions in the right amounts. This means that it is necessary to identify whether a material is a Base, Multiplier, etc. This must be discovered through a rigid testing system. After a new potion is made, there are certain potion “effects” that will appear that are specifically relevant to alchemy.

Before we begin any sort of discussion (no matter how productive or unproductive), let us define the various types of materials and the resulting potion effects that you will see in the Alchemical process.

Base (B)
Each potion requires a Base material. The Base material is added into potions in multiples of 10, and must accompany at least one Active Ingredient (X). Better Bases will impact the end result according to their native strength. Note: Lores increase the resulting effect of a Base material's properties.

Active Ingredient (X)
A material of unknown properties accompanying the Base to yield a desired result. Once identified, the Active Ingredient is referred to according to its proper type (ie. as a Base or Volumizer ).

Volumizer (V)
A Volumizer (known in other guides as "fillers") acts to reduce the amount of Base material necessary in order to achieve the desired resulting PU while retaining its inherent properties; it is expressed either as a percentage of the Base or as a ratio. This will be explained more in depth later.

Neutralizer (N)
A material that when used in a potion, removes an unwanted effect (such as Direct Poison) in order to achieve a desired result.

Multiplier (M)
A multiplier (may also be referred to as an "adder") increases the effect of another Active Ingredient (x), such as Direct Heal (DH), Healing over Time (HoT), Direct Poison (DP), or Poison over Time (PoT), in order to increase desired results.

3. Material Effects

Alcohol (AL)

You will see this a lot in your potions. Do not be focused too much on this stat, it does very little to effect your potions.

Direct Healing (DH)
Provides the player with a flat health increasing value according to the strength of the resulting effect. Direct Poison reduces this value.

Healing over Time (HoT)
Provides the player with a certain health increasing value over a period of time. The length of the period of time that the healing value will continue is directly affected by the Healing Length (HL) effect.

Healing Length (HL)
The material effect that determines the amount of time in which a Healing over Time (HoT) effect will continue to provide a player with the health increasing value.

Direct Poison (DP)
Provides the player with a flat health reducing value according to the strength of the resulting effect. This value directly reduces Direct Healing (DH).

Poison over Time (PoT)
Provides the player with a certain health decreasing value over a period of time. The length of the period of time that the health decreasing value will continue is directly affected by the Poison Length (PL) effect.

Poson Length (PL)
The material effect that determines the amount of time in which a Poison over Time (PoT) effect will continue to provide a player with the health decreasing value.

A note on HoT, HL, PoT, and PL:
1. HoT and PoT are both measured in tics that occur about every second for a certain period of time. Therefore, higher values of HoT and PoT will result in higher value (stronger) tics.

2. The period of time that HoT and PoT tics occur for is determined by HL and PL. Therefore, higher values of HoT and PoT will result in more tics.

4. Reducing Health

Before you begin testing you will need a method of reducing your health by a set amount. Health values in Mortal Online are given in decimals. So, when reducing health we must use something that reduces health by a set amount. Luckily, Mind Blast is such a spell that it will reduce health values by a set number. The only requirement is that you have Ecumenical unlocked and at least zero trained.

Reactions: NINEN

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
5. Testing

When I am testing I always use a resulting 10 Potion Units (PU) in a bottle, which when consumed will exhaust 10 thirst. The formula that I used when I began testing is 100B + 1X = ?HP/10PU. This allows the Alchemist to manipulate the numbers more easily when it comes time to create potion kegs. By no means do you have to use this formula, it just made it easier for me to test with. However, the smaller amount of PU that you test with, the harder it becomes to identify certain properties of certain materials.

Bases:
All bases consist of a basic formula of 10B+1X=1PU. A potion of 9PU can be acquired by merely modifying this formula. For example, 91-100 material (expressed in the formulas 90B+1X=91 material up to 90B+10X=100 material) and a potion of 10 PU will require 101-110 material (expressed in the formulas 100B+1X=101 material up to 100B+10X=110 material).

A few examples of Direct Healing Base materials: Red Jamburra Juice, Malus Juice, Common Vitis Juice, Salvia, Salvia Carpels, Salvia Oil, Sea Dew, and Sea Dew Leaves.

Volumizers:
Volumizers will manipulate a formula so that (for example) 90B+11V=10PU will be possible given the correct Active Ingredient (X) while retaining the properties (often DH) of the original Base. We see here that the volumizer in this formula reduced the required base by a factor of 10%, yet still allowed for the resulting PU to remain the same. To identify a volumizer simply use the formula 100B+1V, and if the result is 10PU then it volumized the base material. However, there is the second qualifying factor for a material to be considered a Volumizer. The material must also allow for retention of the properties for a given Base (DH for example). Therefore, if the resulting DH in our original formula was the same as the DH for the pure Base, then (and only then) do we have a volumizer.
There has been some controversy over volumizers in the past regarding what they are and how they work. The effect that we just covered is really just a result of a multiplier adding volume (at a given ratio for an effect to occur). However, I make a distinction between Multipliers and Volumizers because they work in two distinct ways and allow for ease of formulaic manipulation.

A good example of this is 85 Salvia + 16 Muse Fruit = 18 HP/ 10 PU and 100 Salvia + 1 Salvia = 18HP / 10 PU.

A few examples of good Volumizers that all work at the ratios of 10% to 18.2%: Pirum Juice, Green Jamburra Juice, and Muse Fruit.

Neutralizers:
There are a few materials that are Neutralizers. These materials negate or reduce the amount of a given effect. For example, some Neutralizers may negate DP, while others may negate PoT. Certain Alchemical Dissolvents neutralize effects for Cooking and Alchemy. For example, the Alchemical Dissolvent Bor removes a certain amount of DP.

Multipliers:
There are a few materials that when combined with a base serve to magnify its effect and Basileus is one such example. We already know Basileus was not a Volumizer, but is it a Multiplier? If we take the formula; 100 Salvia + 1 Basileus = 18.5 HP / 10 PU we see that it is in fact a Multiplier because as seen previously 100 Salvia + 1 Salvia = 18 HP / 10 PU.

Multipliers also work on a bell curve effect. This means that a material may multiply at 100B+1M=18, then result at 100B+3M=20, then result in 100B+5M=18. Therefore, to increase a DH of a potion more multipliers at varying amounts will be necessary.

A few examples of Multipliers : Basileus, Gold, and Nitre Queen Carcass.

Reactions: NINEN

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Alchemy is one of the greatest challanges in this game. The most complicated profession. 47 % of the of the used materials should be a direct healing (DH) substance (base material). 3 Solts should be used for Volumizers that dilute the potion, without reducing the healing effect. 10 Slots should be used for Direct Healing multiliers and 1 Slot for Calamine or Bor, to remove Poison effects. A potion can be diluted by 11-15 % without reducing the healing effect. For this you can use Muse Fruit or different juices. As a direct healing substane i recommend Seedew over Salvia. Salvia is way to rare and make the potions too expencive.

The quantity of the Herbs can be tested. 2 Units of a healing multiplier increase the direct healing effect. Always add one more Unit, till they stop rising the Direct healing effect. Then you ahve figured out the perfect ammount.

Last edited:

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
If you want to find the best poison you need to make a research which substances are multiplierts for the direct poison effect. Instead of Bor or Calamine, that neutralize the poison effect, you want to find substances that neutralize the direct healing effect.

You will certainly find a few basic recipes, but the really efficient and cheaper recipes, that have an even better healing effect you ahve to find yourself, becuase noone will tell you about it. Knowledge is power in this game.

There is competition in the market and each of the alchemists wants to be the best, who makes the most profit and who can sell his product at a lower price.

It's like with the secret recipe for Coca Cola. The owner will never tell you that, but i am sure people give you some hints.

MO1 has been around for 15 years and even better recipes have been found after 10 years.

If you want to be an alchemist you want to have time for testing. Maybe 1-2h a day.

Last edited:

Altadar Leviathan

Feb 7, 2021
Poland
yup i understand. but as a virgin it seems so complicqted !
i even don't know how to produce juice, how to extract things properly...etc... but with your explanation after a while to translate it properly and try to understand it i ll probably find out how to make test.

to have an idea what is stats of a good healing pot ?

also you told me about poison, can i poison someone ?

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
You have Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3 Materials.

Fruits can be thrown into the press to get a juice. Thats a tier 2 Material. (a Volumizer to dilute your Potion up to 15 %, without reducing the healing effect)

Plants can be converted into Tier 2 substances. The Herbalogeum is needed for this. You can obtain Seedew Leaves and Seedew Seeds from Seedew. The Herbalogeum can be used to seperate the most potent leaves and Seeds of a plant.

The Seeds can be used in your Farm to grow new plants. Seeds can be used to produce tier 3 Substances such as Oils, if you throw them into the press.

If you use Leaves and Oils you have a higher basic Direct healing effect. If you combine Tier 2/Toer 3 Products with multipliers, you will get much better result but they are too expencive for testing. I would only test arroudn with tier 1 substances.

Not only plants can be healing multipliers. Also minerals, metals, animal materials, products that you get by fishing.

I think arround 40 HP for 10 Potion Units is a nice result for seedew Products. You can get 80 on Potions made from Salvia Oil, but this is too expencive ! I never used them.

Last edited: