A way for pet owners to resurrect their pet

Maxisan

May 25, 2021
They just need a way to reduce the tedium and time-cost involved in getting a pet up to speed. Easiest solution is to simply ramp up the pet experience gained at the training dummy by 3x or something, plus the pet levels up passively when stabled.

Also, maybe a non-regenerating soul essence meter that diminishes every time a pet dies and resurrects (~3 times max), much like how weapons and armour durability decreases with use. Once the meter drops to zero, the pet dies permanently.

These were some of the suggestions offered by others on this thread. This would ensure that pets aren't huge time-cost investments that could easily be lost to all kinds of ways, and at the same not destroy the pet economy. The best of both worlds.
I actually wouldn't mind if pets died eventually as mentioned by you, since when you go out with gear you know you will lose it at some point.

Domtomsen

Feb 26, 2022
How about this. Why dont they make it that a pet can only be revived by a spiritist with the revive spell, or maybe the tamer in general. BUT now the downs ides. First you need to rezz the pet where it died. But only up to like 5 mins after it died. And after it was rezzed it gets a debuff for 10 min where it does vastly reduced dmg and has big grey bar.
So if the other guys win the fight the pet is still dead like it should be. The debuff secures that tamers dont just send pets in and resurect on the spot to send it in again. And if you win you would still have your pet.
Then you would not economical lose the battle even though you have won like it is now. If you lose any high lvl pet in a small group fight nearly always lose more money then the whole gear of the enemy is even worth.

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
This is not a Pokémon game! You bear die to to pokearrowmon game! Pickachu no match for arrows! Pickachu no match for houses either. Pickachu die over and over until you understand. Big skill arrowmon!
your posts are ignorant of actual issues being discussed. please make an intellegent post when includeing yourself, otherwise please refrain from this childish behaviour.

• Haha
Reactions: Hodo

wyqydsyq

Dec 17, 2021
Resurrecting pets (aside from via ritualism) is and always will be a horrendous idea IMO.

Just wait for breeding to come out, you will be able to breed your pets = time investment cost of losing one will be significantly lower since you won't have to go and tame a brand new one from scratch, just pull your dead pet's child out of the equerry.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Resurrecting pets (aside from via ritualism) is and always will be a horrendous idea IMO.

Just wait for breeding to come out, you will be able to breed your pets = time investment cost of losing one will be significantly lower since you won't have to go and tame a brand new one from scratch, just pull your dead pet's child out of the equerry.
I'm all for having a vibrant and profitable pet economy. Anything that can remove the excessive tedium and inordinate loss of time and effort just to train up a pet and then losing it the next second, at the same time being immersion-friendly, I would wholeheartedly support.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I am currently playing one of my favorite games. It's called Brigandine Legend of Runersia. I overplayed my hand and got one of my high level monsters derped out. I got lucky and also won a revival stone that round.

I feel like revival stones are cool in a real time strategy game if you play hard bodies and don't just glitch the cpu, but not so much in full loot MMOS. Ever. EVER!!!!

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
a big difference between pets and materials like steel is that you can farm up a fuckload of steel and stockpile it, making it available when needed to regear quickly and go fight again. you might even get some from your dead enemies and make use of it immediately in battle whereas pets dont really have that option, unless you want to do some mid-fight ritualism.

what if you could spend a resource like clade to level a pet up directly? sure you'd have to go get another pet but if you could spend excess clade xp (not enough to de-level your clade but any you have in your current level, which could be quite a bit for those at 20 clade) to bring it up to a viable combat level. it shouldn't be instant so you cant just spam them but over the course of 10-20 mins be able to take a pet from the 10-20 level to 125 would be awesome.

farming clade may not be particularly exciting but its a lot more engaging than looking at your pet growling at some npc it cant get to for 4 hours. maybe make the rate you can feed xp to your pet tied to animal care or something so you have to spec into it for it to be really fast. i dont know what the conversion rate between clade xp and pet xp should be, perhaps it should vary by creature type even, but it would make levelling pets a lot less tedious

-barcode

Rynnik

Feb 11, 2022
a big difference between pets and materials like steel is that you can farm up a fuckload of steel and stockpile it, making it available when needed to regear quickly and go fight again. you might even get some from your dead enemies and make use of it immediately in battle whereas pets dont really have that option, unless you want to do some mid-fight ritualism.

what if you could spend a resource like clade to level a pet up directly? sure you'd have to go get another pet but if you could spend excess clade xp (not enough to de-level your clade but any you have in your current level, which could be quite a bit for those at 20 clade) to bring it up to a viable combat level. it shouldn't be instant so you cant just spam them but over the course of 10-20 mins be able to take a pet from the 10-20 level to 125 would be awesome.

farming clade may not be particularly exciting but its a lot more engaging than looking at your pet growling at some npc it cant get to for 4 hours. maybe make the rate you can feed xp to your pet tied to animal care or something so you have to spec into it for it to be really fast. i dont know what the conversion rate between clade xp and pet xp should be, perhaps it should vary by creature type even, but it would make levelling pets a lot less tedious

-barcode
Use the pet to farm clade. You’re welcome.