A way for pet owners to resurrect their pet

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Since beast mastery was released, I've seen plenty of pet owners take their combat pets to the training dummies to level them up. It's an extremely time-intensive activity if trying to level them up from, say, level 12 to 125. This also means they become an extremely valuable asset, one that can be easily lost in a few short seconds from any number of ways. I'm fairly certain that all beast masters know what I'm talking about.

SV needs to come up with a way for pet owners to resurrect their pet if they were to die. Losing a fully levelled up pet that started out at a very low level can cause people to not want combat pets at all. It will be something akin to MO1's lack of non-mount pet log out system and as a result, not many people wanted to take their combat pet into the wilderness. Which led to them not using combat pets much overall.

Please either create a special pet priest that will resurrect your pet if they legitimately died (i.e. Not due to bug). To preserve the element of risk versus reward, perhaps add a resurrection cost per pet where the pet's level determines the cost. So say the pet is at level 125, it would cost 1 gold and 25 silvers to resurrect.

Alternatively, create a new secondary skill called Pet Bonding (a nod to Ultima Online's pet bonding system) under Domestication. The higher the pet level, the higher the skill must be to bond the pet to its owner. So, at pet level 125 the player would need 100 in the skill. Once the pet is bonded, it can be resurrected at the priest just like players.

Rynnik

Feb 11, 2022
Yah the game needs more gear and item churn, not less. This suggestion would make all pet spawns irrelevant in short order.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Pets are mostly for fun and carrying items. They are not economically viable. Risking a 500g pet against two MAs in 10g kits, just not worth it. Very easy to lose pets to dumb crap. People will still complain about getting killed by a 500g pet when wearing 5g armor though. A big problem in this game is gear is too cheap and easy to make. If every sword, bow, piece of armor was 10x harder to make I think the game would be in a better state

Reactions: Woody

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
It already exists and its called Necromancy. Specifically, ritualism. You literally resurrect your pet.

This is the main reason why nobody rolls a tamer/dom for pvp. You spend so many skill points and time on your pet, and then its focused and killed instantly in any fight, leaving you completely useless.

Its always been like this. Its always been gimped. The only pets that werent gimped were Death Knights simply because they could block. Everything else was just arrow fodder for a few seconds and dead before the fight even started.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Horrible idea that means you will throw away your pets in combat.
I don't think you understood my post. I was talking about people who spent days levelling up a pet, and then losing it in seconds. It's different to gear which can be replaced in minutes.

And no, I don't think people will "throw away" their pet just because they can resurrect it. That's like saying people won't throw away their pet right now, which is very unlikely to be the case.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Yah the game needs more gear and item churn, not less. This suggestion would make all pet spawns irrelevant in short order.
Please read what my post was specifically about. It is not about replacing pets per se. It is the fact that people spend days levelling up their pet to max level, and then having it killed in seconds.

If anything, this will make combat pets irrelevant as people won't bother to spend the time levelling them up, and may even ditch them entirely as the time investment is just not worth it.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Henrik's solution to balancing pets by making them so unfun to obtain and level did actually work.

I still don't agree with the system, i'd rather pets be bonded and easier to tame but be inherently weaker.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
It already exists and its called Necromancy. Specifically, ritualism. You literally resurrect your pet.

This is the main reason why nobody rolls a tamer/dom for pvp. You spend so many skill points and time on your pet, and then its focused and killed instantly in any fight, leaving you completely useless.

Its always been like this. Its always been gimped. The only pets that werent gimped were Death Knights simply because they could block. Everything else was just arrow fodder for a few seconds and dead before the fight even started.
I would prefer to advocate for a way to resurrect your pet without it getting it whacked by guards the moment it enters town because of necromancy.

And you're right, that's probably the reason nobody rolls a tamer/dominator for pvp. It takes way too long to get back up and running after dying, compared to other builds that can craft everything back within minutes.

Frelsa

Jan 12, 2023
I really do agree with the idea of making taming more sustainable. The endless resurrecting capability would mean that once a tamer has a max level creature, they will not need to retame but rather pay a fee and/or maintain a skill when the pet does. However, this doesn't mean spawns will become irrelevant. People still need to grind for lore and mats.

Even so, perhaps there can be a new pet reserves bar (i.e. "soul" bar) of an animal that develops grey bar each time the animal is killed. The grey bar cannot be eliminated by any means. Say after the 3rd death, the pet can no longer be resurrected at priest and dies permanently.

Silenko

Jun 18, 2020
Benidorm. Spain
Since beast mastery was released, I've seen plenty of pet owners take their combat pets to the training dummies to level them up. It's an extremely time-intensive activity if trying to level them up from, say, level 12 to 125. This also means they become an extremely valuable asset, one that can be easily lost in a few short seconds from any number of ways. I'm fairly certain that all beast masters know what I'm talking about.

SV needs to come up with a way for pet owners to resurrect their pet if they were to die. Losing a fully levelled up pet that started out at a very low level can cause people to not want combat pets at all. It will be something akin to MO1's lack of non-mount pet log out system and as a result, not many people wanted to take their combat pet into the wilderness. Which led to them not using combat pets much overall.

Please either create a special pet priest that will resurrect your pet if they legitimately died (i.e. Not due to bug). To preserve the element of risk versus reward, perhaps add a resurrection cost per pet where the pet's level determines the cost. So say the pet is at level 125, it would cost 1 gold and 25 silvers to resurrect.

Alternatively, create a new secondary skill called Pet Bonding (a nod to Ultima Online's pet bonding system) under Domestication. The higher the pet level, the higher the skill must be to bond the pet to its owner. So, at pet level 125 the player would need 100 in the skill. Once the pet is bonded, it can be resurrected at the priest just like players.
Tamer isn't a combat profession, if you want a combat profession and the skill to resurrect your pet become a Necro.

Weis

Jun 1, 2022
Taming is its own economy for many of us. Selling pets would become less feasible if they can be respawned since it would flood the market with pets. I wouldnt complain if it was implemented but I would question if the game is really a full loot hardcore PVP game.

I completely disagree with your idea, we dont NEED this, what we need is for SV to fix taming and domination so you can actually tame up to 125 level animals with max animal lores so we dont have to spend forever leveling pets in town. The fact that It takes 30+ minutes to tame a level 75 Terror bird is ridiculous... Go any higher than that and its all of a sudden labeled "too difficult to tame" This is the real issue here, not pet resurrection. A tamer with max skill and lore should be able to tame relatively fast instead of having to find certain low-level pets and raise them up forever.

If the aforementioned issue is fixed and they finally get around to adding pet armors and bagsthen we will be set. Got a level 125 white bear? Protect it with steel armor. Got a level 50 black bear? Throw bone tissue armor on it because the thing dont got a soul anyways... This would increase the cost and risk for us tamers but also make pets 10x more feasible so that they don't die in seconds. SV has just been slow implementing this.

I've been a tamer mage since Beta... with management and a good network you can have around 10-30 pets per town. Just in our villlage we got two working stables with 20 slot options. Taming and AFK mining while leveling pets is very easy so it matters less when you throw 90 level terror birds at someone for cannon fodder. We even run a weekly taming event to replenish combat pets to alleviate some of this burden. I never run out of high level pets honestly. What I run out of is PATIENCE for taming a Campodon that takes literally hours because a level 20 has a "low chance to tame" with max lores...

Reactions: Rynnik and Teknique

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
From the Official MO2 Reddit, an alternate solution to your problem that doesn't destroy my sale of pets. https://www.reddit.com/r/MortalOnline2/comments/10d07mu
This seems workable, if the tedium can be taken away then the combat pet becomes more time-cost viable to use in my opinion.

Another solution I would add is to speed up the pet experience gain at the training dummy. That way people don't need to spend days for their pet to reach level 125.

Last edited:

Weis

Jun 1, 2022
Another solution I would add is to speed up the pet experience gain at the training dummy. That way people don't need to spend days for their pet to reach level 125.
Oh for sure. it should be the same EXP gain as Combat. Overall if we summarize the problem, its lack of balancing, no offline pet training at equerry, armors not implimented and not being able to tame high level pets with max lores. Just balancing at the end of the day. SV hasnt listened to any of these cries for help yet. Glad they fixed pet follow issues though, next step is having them fix the pet pathing in houses and strongholds so I can kill dudes who run inside their house before they close the door like a noob.

Contorto

Feb 18, 2022
It always makes me laugh when people say pets are OP and game breaking. Yet I recently saw a video of a PVP fight were someone brought a max level white bear, the bear fell over and died from arrow fire before it got halfway to the target it was told to attack. People who have no idea what it takes to be a tamer/beast master build in this game need to just shut up when it comes to balancing pets they usually have no idea what their talking about and understand absolutely nothing when comes to how much a tamer/beast master sacrifices to even control a combat pet.

Now for sack of staying on topic somewhat in regards to resurrecting dead pets, No. This a terrible idea because 1 some pets are more valuable than others a White bear is stronger and more rare than a black bear so why should I be able to resurrect my dead white bear 100% of the time? There'd be no point in owning black bears or brown bears. Than 2 people with massive stacks of gold sitting in their bank could just send their strongest pet out and murder people until it died than just walk back into town bring it back to life than repeat the process with zero risk of dying and losing anything in return beside a few gold coins to bring their pet back to life, gold coins that the person who killed the pet will never see.

The better solution would be to just buff the rate pets level so it doesn't take 2 whole weeks to level a pet to 125.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
If they just bring back the equarry training time from MO1 it wont be so bad. But right now it is just painful. I literally sit and go AFK watching something in the background while my pet attacks a horse on the otherside of the house.

Maxisan

May 25, 2021
1) pet dies, pets "soul" enters the other world, your friend or yourself resurrects pet from other world, profits.

2) you can soul-bound pets at equerry that you do not wish to lose after death, can only soul-bound 2 pets at once and costs gold with a limited duration.

Why? If I treat my pets like weapons (which they are) then I expect to get them back with other player interactions (PVP for example, I can die and get my weapons back) but, if my pets die, they are gone forever. Which is fucked up imo.

what I am trying to say is, your weapons stay within the games eco system, but pets are gone foreva.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
1) pet dies, pets "soul" enters the other world, your friend or yourself resurrects pet from other world, profits.

2) you can soul-bound pets at equerry that you do not wish to lose after death, can only soul-bound 2 pets at once and costs gold with a limited duration.

Why? If I treat my pets like weapons (which they are) then I expect to get them back with other player interactions (PVP for example, I can die and get my weapons back) but, if my pets die, they are gone forever. Which is fucked up imo.

what I am trying to say is, your weapons stay within the games eco system, but pets are gone foreva.
They just need a way to reduce the tedium and time-cost involved in getting a pet up to speed. Easiest solution is to simply ramp up the pet experience gained at the training dummy by 3x or something, plus the pet levels up passively when stabled.

Also, maybe a non-regenerating soul essence meter that diminishes every time a pet dies and resurrects (~3 times max), much like how weapons and armour durability decreases with use. Once the meter drops to zero, the pet dies permanently.

These were some of the suggestions offered by others on this thread. This would ensure that pets aren't huge time-cost investments that could easily be lost to all kinds of ways, and at the same not destroy the pet economy. The best of both worlds.

Reactions: Maxisan