A death marker on the map would be nice.

Rivyr

Sep 11, 2021
Fairly new played idk week or so off and on, sometimes im in game but playing with crafting calculators or watching stuff without turning off my game. I explore alot and i die alot. From really dumb shit like falling off cliffs, i've drowned more than once seeing if theres resources in water OH look a wolf.. oh look theres 5 wolves.. ah .. f.... but one thing I think would be amazing is if there was just a death marker so you'd have some sort of direction where your body is located. Just a skull or a loot bag icon on your compass until you pick it up would be great thats all.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
Your lootbag is highlighted red. that you can see it in bushes.
and if you know you die as ghost you look around and memorize the stuff later.

Maybe they could make it more red and more glowing in general I dont know.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
why not provide a low level spiritism spell to 'locate corpse' that will ping your bag with a column of light if it is in range? you'd still have to be in the general area you died at so its not a panacea but would make searching for your bag a bit more manageable

-barcode

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
They should have loot bag beams like the priest tho. Bc y have beams for that if u should learn your surroundings, They also have tp home and closest priest, so why not just a loot bag beam?

Zyconnic

May 28, 2020
Denmark
why not provide a low level spiritism spell to 'locate corpse' that will ping your bag with a column of light if it is in range? you'd still have to be in the general area you died at so its not a panacea but would make searching for your bag a bit more manageable

-barcode
Great idea actually! This skill might not be for the masses but a fun skill nonetheless.

I think new players would benefit from this skill if they had some points in it from the start. Lorewise you could say something about the spirit not be tainted yet or whatever for new players.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Spiritism locate corpse would be cool. I dont see a need for magical beam of easy mode for people to find their missing loot. Ive lost loot in the past too, you just need to remeber where you were and look around before you preist to spawn.

Reactions: Biaxil and Kokolo

Chef

Sep 17, 2021
Fairly new played idk week or so off and on, sometimes im in game but playing with crafting calculators or watching stuff without turning off my game. I explore alot and i die alot. From really dumb shit like falling off cliffs, i've drowned more than once seeing if theres resources in water OH look a wolf.. oh look theres 5 wolves.. ah .. f.... but one thing I think would be amazing is if there was just a death marker so you'd have some sort of direction where your body is located. Just a skull or a loot bag icon on your compass until you pick it up would be great thats all.
It already exists. It's called a compass. Use it.

Strutsekake

Sep 7, 2021
The only consequence is that players will care a little bit less if they die or not....ask ur self, do u want this?

Reactions: Biaxil

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020
Loosing loot and equipment sucks but you have to look at gear as a consumable. Gear is easy to get for the most part. And for your loot, that is on the player to "risk it for the biscuit" when traversing the map. So if you end up dying that's the risk. Animals can be sneaky in the wild but that means stick to roads and open areas if you are on foot or be on a mount to outrun them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Biaxil

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
They should have loot bag beams like the priest tho. Bc y have beams for that if u should learn your surroundings, They also have tp home and closest priest, so why not just a loot bag beam?
All I have for that is a lore-oriented argument:
Finding a priest is one way of getting your spirit back into your body (appearntly assembled on the spot from the inside out-- may we pause to appreciate that part of the MO2 resurrection animation?) while finding your loot bag is just one way of getting material things back into your possession. When you're dead and in the Ether, you can be seen to have a Light (or more than one) inside of you.
THINGS do not. A Spiritist could go into more Nave-specific 'scientific' detail about it, and Necromancy used to supply a way to grab loot bags that were out of reach, but the world of Nave has moved on and isn't finished yet with its own Resurrection. Still, it's an accurate description that suggests an underlying rationale.

It's been a Nave century or two since I did the @Mats Persson -summoning dance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kokolo and Balvrikk

Tzone

May 16, 2021
For one immersion, two it is not needed you start at the location the loot bag is, three you are being punished of dying, and four if your lootbag dissapears then you know someone took your stuff.

I see no point except to hand hold people. Its not like priest where you need to find them, you already found you loot bag when you died. Lets just put in maps and magical lines to show you where to go next.

D

Deleted member 44

I made a suggestion awhile back to put some one or two foot beacon above the loot bag to find it easier but I completely disagree with adding any type of UI element to help you find your bag. Even the new Haven waypoints system is breaking from what the game is supposed to be. This issue is honestly a non factor for the experienced player. Get out of town, learn the map, and increase your understanding of the world around you. Its honestly that simple.

Reactions: Balvrikk

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
...Even the new Haven waypoints system is breaking from what the game is supposed to be....

While I agree that loot bags don't need UI elements, I think the implementation is fine as it is now and obvious enough with the red outline should you find the bag.

However, your statement around the Haven waypoint system breaking away from what the game is supposed to be is such an ignorant misconception, especially when haven has been criticised widely for it's absolute terrible approach to introducing new players to the game, even in an unfinished state.

The beacons/waypoints in Haven are so much so of a non-issue that it's laughable to think anyone would have a problem with it. But I digress...

Kurbb

Sep 13, 2021
I made a suggestion awhile back to put some one or two foot beacon above the loot bag to find it easier but I completely disagree with adding any type of UI element to help you find your bag. Even the new Haven waypoints system is breaking from what the game is supposed to be. This issue is honestly a non factor for the experienced player. Get out of town, learn the map, and increase your understanding of the world around you. Its honestly that simple.
or just use the outside 3rd party map that everyone else uses already. The "learn the map" is bullshit because most of you dont know it. Lmfao no hand holding? dont use the map. period.

D

Deleted member 44

or just use the outside 3rd party map that everyone else uses already. The "learn the map" is bullshit because most of you dont know it. Lmfao no hand holding? dont use the map. period.
I don't use the mortal online map. You kiddies do.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
While I agree that loot bags don't need UI elements, I think the implementation is fine as it is now and obvious enough with the red outline should you find the bag.

However, your statement around the Haven waypoint system breaking away from what the game is supposed to be is such an ignorant misconception, especially when haven has been criticised widely for it's absolute terrible approach to introducing new players to the game, even in an unfinished state.

The beacons/waypoints in Haven are so much so of a non-issue that it's laughable to think anyone would have a problem with it. But I digress...
It is breaking away from the game, that is why it is limited to haven which is not the real game